Simile Poems - Poems For Simile
Poems about simile. You can read the best simile poems. Browse through all simile poems.
37.A Language Scrum
It was a gathering of the Metaphors
who likened all things
to all other things
never identifying Essences;
leaving nothing as the core..
Similes arrived stating triumphantly that
they were superior to the merely metaphoric
and especially to the Gerunds.
The Nouns were enraged
claiming that they were the origins of things named
and all that could be named.
They all held the Dangling Participle in contempt
whose cohorts hung at the end of the table
speaking in sentences fragmenting.
The Pluperfect laid claim to wedding the Past
and to having had given birth to Language.
The Action Verbs demurred claiming that all history
depended upon them and their meanings and consequences.
'We are action' they said
'you are all after-thoughts and musings.'
So it was the Poetry Slam
the battle of the Language Parts
cogitating on sentences
and what they mean.
Metaphor opened saying 'poetry is contest-
a battle of words in the arena of created meaning-
designed to feed the brain, open the mind;
give sight to the blind.'
'We are all part of a wagon wheel
and each of us has only a spoken
'Yes' Simile said 'we are all like angry rose buds
trying to bloom.
Verbatim declared that all Poetry
was based on faith and faith alone.
Anything else was Untruth.
Gerund hung back claiming all meaning is hidden by
hidden meaning and that clarity was mystical.
So in the scrum, no one was able to find the ball.
And then they all went home. read more »
38.Message Ethereal...Part 1
Note: These poem excerpts are my independent works based on the story material of the Sanskrit poetic work ‘Megha Dhootham’(Cloud Messenger) by Poet Great Kaali Daasa- 5th centuary AD
1 read more »
39.A Star To Come Down
Someone pulled the Stars down last night
wrapped up the Moon in bubble-wrap,
Night itself was eclipsed read more »
40.0287 Ars poetica
A poem should be -
stop right there, chum. You’ve hit
the target in four words. read more »
41.The Poets March
The Poets all march to the edge-
at the abyss of Screaming Desire;
Hearts exploding read more »
42.A Visit To Poemville
Come with me now
to visit the town
where all the Poems live. read more »
43.Erle Robert's Mice. In Chaucer's Style
Tway Mice, full Blythe and Amicable,
Batten beside Erle Robert's Table.
Lies there ne Trap their Necks to catch, read more »
'We are no fragile poets, ' he said
we bleed in these bloody times.' read more »
45.The Worst Poem Ever Written
The worst poem ever written.
Well, what did you expect?
Strikes no chords, hits no buttons,
Just leaves you all perplexed. read more »
46.***** EARTH IN FIGURATIVE ATMOSPHERE
The earth is a poem
dust of word from soil
comma of rustling river
moving like sentences read more »
47.Broken Verbs and Writers Block
I coddle these Broken Verbs
hold them to light
to see if they will move me
beyond this adjectival, noun less state. read more »
Why are they called holidays? '
'they never are;
more like feeling someone read more »
New Simile Poems
- Ba: CXII: 'loosening the 'Un', douglas scotney
- God Created Poetry, Dr.Michael Brown
- Harry Styles, Kayla Thomas
- Similitude, Philip Hammial
- A Thought, john wake
- delights, dedicated to poetry, john wake
- Teasing Life, william mcgehee
- My Poem, Mandeep Singh 13
- Employ Similes Prudently, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Photos of War - From The Encampment Of H.., Warren Falcon
- These eyes are watching you, John Whitfield
- the last poet, Percy Dovetonsils
- Similes, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Simile (Pirouette), Leslie Alexis
- Burden Of Bad News, Megan Tucker
- Silent Spaces, Tribhuvan Mendiratta
- So dear....., Hareem Z K
- Candle Lit Dinner (What She Deserves), Robert Dominicci
- Who says I'm a poet, zama ashley helebe
- Bad Poetry Makes Me Ugly, Patti Masterman
- Is not Atma male?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' .., Dónall Dempsey
- Night Tarifs, Grayson Givens
- RELIGION, Satish Verma
- you won't believe me., Alison Rosalie
- MOON POETESS., Ebi Robert
- Women With Words, Tamika Stubblefield
- Him, Roxy Owens
- D.M.V. - Department of Muddled Verses -o.., Steven Silent Wolf
- A Common Addiction among Poets, Walterrean Salley
- Infectious, Udaya Pant
- MAN AND SEA (1), akram saqib
- ! These Eyes Are Watching You, Lorenzo Costigliolo
- Reflection, Nooruddeen Mathilakathveetil
- TO THE CUCKOO, akram saqib
- A Poem's Evolution, Fab Ricciardi
- Autumn Friends, Will Barber
- My Crime, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Never let the 'Hope' die...!, Ravi Singh
- University Menu, Adrian Cox
- OM, Mittur Ramprasad
- Piano Key Color Stream, Michael Timothy Rose
- My poetic mentors, James Hart
- ! ! S i m i l e, Michael Shepherd
- I don't want to talk about 'it'!, Sue Stone
- My Life as a mom, Karina Rosa
- Media Hype, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Pain and Desolation, Isiah On a Corner in the Thu ..
- Poems, Taylor Scherer
- Passion's Call, Danny Velasquez
- biography ***** FEAR ME NOT, OH PLEASE,.., Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- ***** EARTH IN FIGURATIVE ATMOSPHERE, Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- Arrogance of a Poet, Viraj Bhanshaly
- Together with you, Samweli Butobi
- Sometimes Poetry's More Similar to Polit.., Heidi K. Haskell
- LIFE’S PEARL OF WISDOM, Michael P. Johnson
- Why would anyone bother at all?, Mahfooz Ali
- the tenth poem, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not About Art, Sonny Rainshine
- YOUR VERBS AND YOUR NOUNS, DR.GENNY ANDERSON
- One Great Poem, Cynthia Onukwugha
- Garden of Change, T.James Becker
- twilight, alexis stanfield
- Role Model, Kholekile Monakali
- Most Fables, shimon weinroth
- Multi-Weaved Cloak, Stuart Logan
- efflugent and pellucid, gershon hepner
- Serial Killer, Twiggy C. Tubercio
- Beauty, Vidyadhara ...
- metaphoric mist, gershon hepner
- Writing, Indira Renganathan
- Seeds and Husks, Michael Pruchnicki
- What is METAPHOR, anyway?, Michael Pruchnicki
- When all is said and done, mes amis!, Michael Pruchnicki
- carpe diem