Simile Poems - Poems For Simile
Poems about simile. You can read the best simile poems. Browse through all simile poems.
As I was coming from where you were going
The distance between us was on the verge to fade,
And as your eyes stayed on mine
I knew that a difference is being made.
Those days, when we doubted on our hearts
But invested hope on the other,
Hoping that you would love me
I wondered whether I love you or not.
The first stage of love, when we looked
Stealthily at each other.
The second stage started with
Best friends before lovers.
Those days when we waited that the other
Would confess their love filmily;
Desperately desiring to meet each day
Without leaving a day in between.
And when the confessions were made by any of two
The life seemed better than heaven.
The heart beat in the rhythm of love,
And jumped on cloud nine directly from seven!
Those dreamy days…those real nights
Those hour-long talks…those sweet smiles
Those hugs and kisses…those love bites
Those similes and metaphors filled the life.
Those promises made for never to break
Those words said and meant them well
Those prolong desires, feelings unfake,
And loved each other as like hell!
Destinies were visible, path seemed clear
As we walked hand in hand
And hoped to stay together
For as long as the eternity end.
…Those days…as now I recall those days
Which now seem the epithet of past
And disappeared like a gush of wind
…How I wished them never to last…! ! read more »
338.Library In You
The words that you speak.The wisdom you have inspired me. The stories you tell and the author in you comes out. Library In You
The parallel lines in you words the experience in the language the art of storytelling.Reception from people how these stories affect many lives.The library In You. Your literature speaks volumes to me.You are the simile and I; m the metaphore.The tone of beautiful words the elegance of rhythem in which you speak from. Listening brings many to high altitudes.The library In You
Grammar in how you use it.The ingredent to mothers cake the master in your own league.An idle mirror on how I can tell my story. Your flowetry with a pen and paper tells all issues of those in the ghetto. You are the symphony of art.
The mathematics of an artist and his brush.The fuel to the fire I ignite with inspiration. The mother speaks as the child listen.The library in You read more »
339.From the Encampment Of Heart Strife, A Warrior's Journal - Fragments From an 11th Century Japanese Scroll
'like unto like' read more »
Jumping on strings
bending time, read more »
Our deepest feelings could find a few words
Words..we have prodigally used too often…
To ornate trifle feelings..the odd exclamation, now and then…
And now.. we strive to find the valued tidings read more »
342.So I Can Smile Again
Show me the point of the surise
So I can trace my path to the point of the sunset read more »
343.Talk of Conceits
Once upon a time a conceit
was a term that enjoyed a vogue
among poets as diverse
as petrarchan or metaphysical, read more »
Today I sat down
to write a poem about you,
but every time I put my pen to paper,
it rendered expressions about read more »
345.POMP & CIRCUMSPECTION
We all know he's a pompous ass
you know it and I know it for sure
since I'm the guy in your sights
prancing and wagging on stage read more »
A man was versed in rhymery;
His poetry was punnery
And gimmickry and devilment,
While elements of eloquence read more »
347.Can You Stop Being A Poet?
Can you be a poet and suddenly just stop?
Can you be a poet for a while maybe a long
while and then become something else entirely?
I only ask because lately I've been feeling all read more »
348.Once Upon A Non-Poetic Day
Once upon a non-poetic day
I was in a dim filthy café
where a blind man, among
second-hand intellectuals, read more »
New Simile Poems
- Ba: CXII: 'loosening the 'Un', douglas scotney
- God Created Poetry, Dr.Michael Brown
- Harry Styles, Kayla Thomas
- Similitude, Philip Hammial
- A Thought, john wake
- delights, dedicated to poetry, john wake
- Teasing Life, william mcgehee
- My Poem, Mandeep Singh 13
- Employ Similes Prudently, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Photos of War - From The Encampment Of H.., Warren Falcon
- These eyes are watching you, John Whitfield
- the last poet, Percy Dovetonsils
- Similes, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Simile (Pirouette), Leslie Alexis
- Burden Of Bad News, Megan Tucker
- Silent Spaces, Tribhuvan Mendiratta
- So dear....., Hareem Z K
- Candle Lit Dinner (What She Deserves), Robert Dominicci
- Who says I'm a poet, zama ashley helebe
- Bad Poetry Makes Me Ugly, Patti Masterman
- Is not Atma male?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' .., Dónall Dempsey
- Night Tarifs, Grayson Givens
- RELIGION, Satish Verma
- you won't believe me., Alison Rosalie
- MOON POETESS., Ebi Robert
- Women With Words, Tamika Stubblefield
- Him, Roxy Owens
- D.M.V. - Department of Muddled Verses -o.., Steven Silent Wolf
- A Common Addiction among Poets, Walterrean Salley
- Infectious, Udaya Pant
- MAN AND SEA (1), akram saqib
- ! These Eyes Are Watching You, Lorenzo Costigliolo
- Reflection, Nooruddeen Mathilakathveetil
- TO THE CUCKOO, akram saqib
- A Poem's Evolution, Fab Ricciardi
- Autumn Friends, Will Barber
- My Crime, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Never let the 'Hope' die...!, Ravi Singh
- University Menu, Adrian Cox
- OM, Mittur Ramprasad
- Piano Key Color Stream, Michael Timothy Rose
- My poetic mentors, James Hart
- ! ! S i m i l e, Michael Shepherd
- I don't want to talk about 'it'!, Sue Stone
- My Life as a mom, Karina Rosa
- Media Hype, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Pain and Desolation, Isiah On a Corner in the Thu ..
- Poems, Taylor Scherer
- Passion's Call, Danny Velasquez
- biography ***** FEAR ME NOT, OH PLEASE,.., Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- ***** EARTH IN FIGURATIVE ATMOSPHERE, Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- Arrogance of a Poet, Viraj Bhanshaly
- Together with you, Samweli Butobi
- Sometimes Poetry's More Similar to Polit.., Heidi K. Haskell
- LIFE’S PEARL OF WISDOM, Michael P. Johnson
- Why would anyone bother at all?, Mahfooz Ali
- the tenth poem, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not About Art, Sonny Rainshine
- YOUR VERBS AND YOUR NOUNS, DR.GENNY ANDERSON
- One Great Poem, Cynthia Onukwugha
- Garden of Change, T.James Becker
- twilight, alexis stanfield
- Role Model, Kholekile Monakali
- Most Fables, shimon weinroth
- Multi-Weaved Cloak, Stuart Logan
- efflugent and pellucid, gershon hepner
- Serial Killer, Twiggy C. Tubercio
- Beauty, Vidyadhara ...
- metaphoric mist, gershon hepner
- Writing, Indira Renganathan
- Seeds and Husks, Michael Pruchnicki
- What is METAPHOR, anyway?, Michael Pruchnicki
- When all is said and done, mes amis!, Michael Pruchnicki
- carpe diem