Simile Poems - Poems For Simile
Poems about simile. You can read the best simile poems. Browse through all simile poems.
A Language Scrum - Poem by Lonnie Hicks
It was a gathering of the Metaphors
who likened all things
to all other things
never identifying Essences;
leaving nothing as the core..
Similes arrived stating triumphantly that
they were superior to the merely metaphoric
and especially to the Gerunds.
The Nouns were enraged
claiming that they were the origins of things named
and all that could be named.
They all held the Dangling Participle in contempt
whose cohorts hung at the end of the table
speaking in sentences fragmenting.
The Pluperfect laid claim to wedding the Past
and to having had given birth to Language.
The Action Verbs demurred claiming that all history
depended upon them and their meanings and consequences.
'We are action' they said
'you are all after-thoughts and musings.'
So it was the Poetry Slam
the battle of the Language Parts
cogitating on sentences
and what they mean.
Metaphor opened saying 'poetry is contest-
a battle of words in the arena of created meaning-
designed to feed the brain, open the mind;
give sight to the blind.'
'We are all part of a wagon wheel
and each of us has only a spoken
'Yes' Simile said 'we are all like angry rose buds
trying to bloom.
Verbatim declared that all Poetry
was based on faith and faith alone.
Anything else was Untruth.
Gerund hung back claiming all meaning is hidden by
hidden meaning and that clarity was mystical.
So in the scrum, no one was able to find the ball.
And then they all went home.
Comments about A Language Scrum by Lonnie Hicks
Poems About Simile
- 51. A Language Scrum , Lonnie Hicks
- 52. Message Ethereal...Part 1 , Kesav Venkat Easwaran
- 53. 0287 Ars Poetica , Michael Shepherd
- 54. The Poets March , Lonnie Hicks
- 55. Ch 05 On Love And Youth Story 17 , Saadi Shirazi
- 56. My Only , Lonnie Hicks
- 57. Erle Robert's Mice. In Chaucer's Style , Matthew Prior
- 58. The Door In The Dark , Robert Frost
- 59. Broken Verbs And Writers Block , Lonnie Hicks
- 60. The Legend Of The Horseshoe , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 61. Rusty Confidences , Lonnie Hicks
- 62. Know Holds Bard , Cretan Maineiac
- 63. Wasps In A Garden , Charles Lamb
- 64. Floretty's Musical Contribution , James Whitcomb Riley
- 65. Macaulay's New Zealander , James Brunton Stephens
- 66. The Prodigy. , Mary Barber
- 67. A Letter To Hilary , David SmithWhite
- 68. ! ! S I M I L E , Michael Shepherd
- 69. Message Ethereal...Part 4 , Kesav Venkat Easwaran
- 70. Ode To Rae Wilson Esq. , Thomas Hood
- 71. ! These Eyes Are Watching You , Lorenzo Costigliolo
- 72. Malcolm's Katie: A Love Story - Part Iv. , Isabella Valancy Crawford
- 73. Honours - Part1 , Jean Ingelow
- 74. The Nevers Of Poetry , Charles Harpur
- 75. A Glossary Of Poetic Words , M.D Dinesh Nair
- 76. Malcolm's Katie: A Love Story - Part Vi. , Isabella Valancy Crawford
- 77. Similitude , Philip Hammial
- 78. 2010/06/18 Simile (Rev.) , Margaret Alice
- 79. Life’s Pearl Of Wisdom , Michael P. Johnson
- 80. Writing , Indira Renganathan
- 81. Pleasure Of Poetry , Neela Nath Das
- 82. D.M.V. - Department Of Muddled Verses -O.. , Steven Silent Wolf
- 83. Writing In The Shower , Jefferson Carter
- 84. Joan Of Arc , Ali Alizadeh
- 85. Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) , Akhtar Jawad
- 86. Dear My Unborn Child... , zandile zoya
- 87. Oh Lovely Eve An All Time Need , Akhtar Jawad
- 88. Be My First Quatrain , Abdul Wahab
- 89. The Language Of Poetry Is Metaphor , Shalom Freedman
- 90. The Vision Of Piers Plowman - Part 10 , William Langland
- 91. I'D Love To Write A Love Poem For You , Les Wordsmore
- 92. Nature In Perfection , Richard Savage
- 93. A Dream Space Of The Mind , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 94. Mrs. Ullrick , Akhtar Jawad
- 95. You Are The Metaphor For Me , Abdul Wahab
- 96. A Sorcerer Bids Farewell To Seem , Sylvia Plath
- 97. Beauty Of Little Droplets , Satheesan Rangorath
- 98. A Poetic Prayer , Ashish Dimri
- 99. Unknown , Mohammad Rafiq
- 100. The Wolf And Shepherds. A Fable , James Beattie
New Simile Poems
- Theatre Of Mind, Ajit Das
- Tagore Song (266) Other Day We Swing In.., Tushar Ray
- Show Or Tell, Donal Mahoney
- Remembering A Life-Time, Funkekeme Akposeye
- Our Poems In Thousands Of Years Part 4, Herbert Guitang
- A Strong Emotion, J Sheba Anandhi
- The Door In The Dark, Robert Frost
- The Fallen Flower, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- She Was Poetry, Marlene Rashidi
- I Don'T Feel Like A Poet Today, Buxton Shippy
- carpe diem