Sick Poems - Poems For Sick
Poems about sick. You can read the best sick poems. Browse through all sick poems.
Wanting You - Poem by Maya Reid
I’m done being torn,
done daydreaming and fantasizing,
romanticizing and idolizing.
I won’t claim to be sick of love songs,
but I’m sick of chick flicks and romance movies.
I’m sick of longing for a Noah,
a Jack or even a Jerry.
Al and Eric can hit the road, too.
This castle is home to both of us,
but I don’t need a Prince Charming;
I’m a big girl—I’ll rescue myself.
I just can’t be all by myself anymore,
and I’m sick of lovely ideas and beautiful lies.
I want something real
with someone real.
This sounds so trite and cliché,
but then again, so does the entire concept of falling in love,
so I guess I’ll say it:
There’s just something about you.
I can’t really describe what it is,
but there are more obvious choices that have been flat-out
Something draws me to you.
There’s a reason I can’t say your name without smiling,
why I’m quite literally always thinking about you.
There’s a reason I’m already missing you more that I was missing you already,
and I’m not missing him at all.
I’m not sure what it is,
but there’s a reason I choose you.
You’re the one that I want.
But I’m doing more than that,
because I’ve wanted you for quite some time now.
I’ve coveted and cherished…
But I’m done admiring from afar;
that's just not enough anymore:
I can’t just sit around
wishing, waiting, wanting
you to want me.
No more acting coy and flirtatious
or switching it up and playing hard-to-get.
Darling, I want you…
and I’m becoming the type of girl who,
once she decides what it is,
always gets what she wants.
Comments about Wanting You by Maya Reid
Poems About Sick
- 451. Wanting You , Maya Reid
- 452. The Stuff You Do. , Kristen Fudge
- 453. Red - Damage Lyrics , Abby Christeen Whaley
- 454. B.B. , K.N. B.
- 455. Ever , Brittany Quail
- 456. You Wouldn'T Miss Me , Ocean Myranda
- 457. So Reader , Kaspa Richards
- 458. Israel In Egypt. Book Tenth. , Edwin Atherstone
- 459. Christmas ~ It's Just Another Day For Me , Christine A Kysely
- 460. Thousand Foot Krutch- Step To Me , Lisa Chicharello
- 461. Still And Sick And Feel And I , Samantha Duran
New Sick Poems
- carpe diem