School Poems - Poems For School
Poems about school. You can read the best school poems. Browse through all school poems.
Ghostly Nurses And Piano Playing - Poem by Juan Olivarez
I went to elementary school,
In some old buildings,
That were at that time called,
An independant school district.
The school only went up to eighth grade.
After you finished up there,
They would bus you,
To another independant school district,
That had a high school.
As I am sure other schools have,
Our fine school had a ghost.
The ghost was supposed to haunt,
Our lunchroom / music room.
The building was about eighty feet long,
And half of it had tables and benches,
So you could sit and eat,
Whatever you brought for lunch,
In your brown paper bag.
The ghost was supposedly a school nurse,
That was supposed to have died,
In the lunchroom.
Now I don't know,
If she had a heart attack,
Or she choked on a chicken bone,
Whatever the cause,
She haunted our school.
I never saw her,
And Pepe my blood brother,
Never saw her either.
After a terrible day,
With the board of education,
(That hung above Mr. Spinks desk)
Pepe and I decided,
To investigate the school room.
At nine o'clock at night.
In those days,
One telephone pole,
With a single light on top,
Illumined the entire school.
Also, most of the school buildings,
Were left unlocked,
Since Mr. Spinks doubled,
As night watchman,
And lived on the property.
The doors being unlocked,
Proved to be a moot point.
Pepe and I were adept,
Second story men,
Even though the lunchroom was a single floor.
We climbed in through the window,
And made our way,
To the half of the lunchroom, that was the music room.
Quickly we peeked inside,
The music teachers office,
And found no discernible difference.
Then we searched all the closets,
And the utility room,
But that nurse was nowhere to be found.
After a while we got bored.
Thats when I sat at the piano,
And did my best Lon Chaney,
Impression from the silent classic,
The Phantom Of The Opera,
TA, TA, TA TOM.
Pepe started laughing hysterically,
And pretended to be Mary Philbin,
Coming up behind Erik,
To yank off his mask.
Right at that precise moment,
We heard noises outside,
And took a peek through the window.
Mr. Spinks was doing his best,
Elmer Fud impression,
Sneaking up on the lunchroom,
Shotgun and all.
Pepe and I decided to retreat,
And crawled out the window,
Oposite the side our principle was arriving at.
We made straight for the woods,
Just ten feet from the lunchroom.
There we watched as the lights came on,
Inside the lunchroom,
And Mr. Spinks doing what we had so recently,
After about half an hour,
He left walking in a manner,
Not like himself at all.
He would take a few steps,
Then turn, and look at the lunchroom.
He did this several times,
Until he got to the house,
He and his wife Lorretta shared with their daughter Dixie.
The next day when we got to school,
We found out,
That the ghost of the school nurse,
Had made another apparition.
Apparently she also played the music room piano,
And laughed hysterically all night long.
There were maybe forty kids,
In that little school.
And they all swore,
That they had seen the ghost of the school nurse.
I think Mr. Spinks did too.
Comments about Ghostly Nurses And Piano Playing by Juan Olivarez
Poems About School
- 1. Ghostly Nurses And Piano Playing , Juan Olivarez
- 2. My Old School , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 3. Tuxedos, Lesbians, Aclu Lawyers, Oh My! , Joe Rosochacki
- 4. Harry Tompkins And The Art Of Forgiveness , Donal Mahoney
- 5. One Tough Nun , Donal Mahoney
- 6. School Days , Donal Mahoney
- 7. Not Fineshd , Djean Whitney
- 8. The Virgin , Eman Elbadawi
- 9. The Boys And Girls I Went To School With , Francis Duggan
- 10. Our House , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 11. Memories Of Childhood , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 12. 3 Days After You Were In School , Edward Kofi Louis
- 13. Let Me Go The School , gajanan mishra
- 14. Redirected Rage At Students Unblessed-Th.. , Michael Gale
- 15. Oxymoron Sonata , Aldo Kraas
- 16. They Were Kept In The House Or They Disa.. , Donal Mahoney
- 17. Understanding One's Life Anytime , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 18. Teacher's Pet , Donal Mahoney
- 19. Kids Of Curry's Lane , Melvina Germain
- 20. Yet Another Story , Bashyam Narayanan
- 21. My Childhood School , Pushkar Bisht
- 22. I'M No Less , Nassy Fesharaki
- 23. Harris , Edward Kofi Louis
- 24. I Cry Mostly In The Shower , Hebert Logerie
- 25. M.Matusovsky, The School Waltz - Transla.. , Lyudmila Purgina
- 26. All Of Those I Went To School With , Francis Duggan
- 27. Of Cliques And Monopoly , Patti Masterman
- 28. A Cheek Kiss. , Terry Collett
- 29. Revolt 25 June 2009 , Margaret Alice
- 30. Memory Of School Days , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 31. The Introvert , Justin Reamer
- 32. English Medium School And A Trial And T.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 33. Knowledge Is Power , Edward Kofi Louis
- 34. Rap Iii War On Terror , Sadiqullah Khan
- 35. De Introvert , Justin Reamer
- 36. School , trevor adams
- 37. School , Alison Mills
- 38. School , Hayley K...
- 39. Grade , Custous Angelus
- 40. We Are Cool! ! ! , Ritu Jain
- 41. Chapter One- The Key In The Darkness , anna E
- 42. I Dont Like School , Dalton Delong
- 43. I Don’t Like School , Angela M. Maynard
- 44. School , loveliesbleeding maker
- 45. Breaky6 , Aiyabells 002
- 46. Weirdo School , emma justin
- 47. A B N K K B S N P L A Ko? ! - Bob Ong (P.. , opium lestre
- 48. School. , Harold R Hunt Sr
- 49. Cool Kids , Craig Fisher
- 50. If Children Ruled The World , Crystal Pongi
New School Poems
- My Old School, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Schools, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- School, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A School By Okoemu Barnabas, Okoemu Barnabas
- Bachelorette For Life, Donal Mahoney
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Harry Tompkins And The Art Of Forgiveness, Donal Mahoney
- Back To School, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Essays On Literature, alexander opicho
- At School, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- carpe diem