Retirement Poems - Poems For Retirement
Poems about retirement. You can read the best retirement poems. Browse through all retirement poems.
I Am Not A Poet - Poem by Stug Jordan
I am not a poet.
I have not been to university:
no old lecturers have singled me out
for special things to come,
I have no plaques, no artifice;
I am not the word-worrying kind.
I am not a teacher,
and so have no notes on the side;
(draws of folded manuscript in
both neat and shabby hands) :
I am not bald or balding,
as yet, and have no length of beard
to practice academia from.
I have no means to fund it,
and no fortune to parade it.
I am not a poet,
I have not made it.
Nor am I a church warden;
a retired councillor; a librarian.
I don’t amass The Literature,
then never read it.
I am not so Irish. I have no blood
in Wales or France.
Nothing in me is of Portugal.
I am not a woman, soft-faced
and gentle, pushing poems
past forty, in a stream of horticulture:
semi-retirement and Latin flowers.
I am not a critic, nor a monarchist.
I am not a poet
these past so and so years.
I have no grant, no salary.
I have never looked my most solemn
in Westminster Abbey, and
thought of a retirement there.
My car is not old and worn out:
I don’t own one.
I never ponder my train journeys.
There are never moments when,
looking back on those who are,
I think: If they were then as I am now,
why can’t I….?
But I don’t, because
I am not one of those.
Comments about I Am Not A Poet by Stug Jordan
Poems About Retirement
- 1. I Am Not A Poet , Stug Jordan
- 2. Retirement Blues , Joy Thacker
- 3. Retirement , Amelia Evelyn White
- 4. Civil Unrest. , Maria Shaw
- 5. The Retiree's Lament , Mike Green
- 6. Retirement , Rose Angel H
- 7. Detailed To Perfection , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 8. There Can Be No Freedom , Eric Cockrell
- 9. Of Berserkers, Cows, & Lady Gaga (17 Poe.. , sheena blackhall
- 10. I Appreciate Your Keeping Of Such Distance , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 11. They Call Him Gale* , Maurice Harris
- 12. How To Do Things 'Their' Way , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 13. Not A Life Worth Saving (Revised) , Margaret Alice Second
- 14. Date , gajanan mishra
- 15. Mother – Daughter , Aparna Chatterjee
- 16. At Home With Our Dogs , RIC S. BASTASA
- 17. In The Fields By The Sullane , Francis Duggan
- 18. The Retired Commander In Chief , Francis Duggan
- 19. Shut Up, Holden , gershon hepner
- 20. The Best , Robert Rorabeck
- 21. If Nobody Is Looking , gershon hepner
- 22. She Has Her Plans Made , Francis Duggan
- 23. This Is The Lucky Country , Francis Duggan
- 24. Sid , Francis Duggan
- 25. I’ll Show You Enthusiasm (Rev) 6.26.2008 , Margaret Alice
- 26. To A Country Of Infinite Dawn , RIC S. BASTASA
- 27. Born In Baryards , gershon hepner
- 28. Reward , Carolyn Brunelle
- 29. Sixty - Two , Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- 30. Learn To Dance , Carolyn Brunelle
- 31. Vic And Vo , Francis Duggan
- 32. Old Jimmy , Francis Duggan
- 33. On The Passing Of Dave Sheehan , Francis Duggan
- 34. The Semi Pro Punter , Francis Duggan
- 35. We Are Near Life's Finish Line , Francis Duggan
- 36. For Many , Francis Duggan
- 37. English Jan , Francis Duggan
- 38. Jean Hickey , Francis Duggan
- 39. Greg , Francis Duggan
- 40. For Whom The Toll Booth Tolls , Ted Sheridan
- 41. Dave ~ On Your Retirement , Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- 42. Old Jenny , Francis Duggan
- 43. The Ex Government Minister. , Francis Duggan
- 44. On The Execution Of Timothy Mcveigh , Francis Duggan
- 45. Misfits In Liverpool , oskar hansen
- 46. The Washerman's Ass Find I Not , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 47. Shroud Unfolding , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 48. Studding , Stanley Cooper
- 49. Old Couple , RIC S. BASTASA
- 50. 050710c Worrisome Economy-Bail Me Out , Manonton Dalan
New Retirement Poems
- Virus, Nassy Fesharaki
- Enjoy Retirement Dave (Bussokusekika), Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- Memories Are Made Of This....., James B. Earley
- May Day Wishes, Uma Ram
- Retirement, ramesh rai
- Position To Hold, hasmukh amathalal
- Foremost Among The Finest!, Stanley Collymore
- The Spoils Of Retirement, david kush
- Retirement, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jobless Asses And Horses, Bijay Kant Dubey
- carpe diem