Poem about retirement. You can read the best retirement poems. Browse through all retirement poems.
Well I'm almost there ya know
that full retirement kinda place.
I'm not old enough to collect any money
can't find a job, with age lines upon my face!
So I guess I'm pre-retired?
I don't have another name, yet for it!
But if this is what retirement is like
where all you do is, just write poems and sit!
Then I'd rather be ten feet under
or something sorta like that!
I use to have a great figure
now all I am is a ball of, pre-retired FAT!
Wife still is working full time
and she looks a lot better than me!
She stays out all night after working
with her girlfriends, not me!
I'm boring I guess, and feel out of place
no real purpose felt anymore.
I use to be a manager of twelve employees
in a large, retail discount store!
So don't tell me about retirement!
and how great it is for you!
It stinks to be pre-retired
and think when my full retirement comes
It won't feel anything like you! read more »
What a beautiful baby he was,
born with a healthy sucking reflex,
noisy at night, winking Benny Hill-like
during the day, making friends and fans, read more »
231..5. Pension in a State
Has anybody seen it
Through wages it was paid
To be there for retirement
Each payment duly made read more »
Put the instrument on pause,
fade away with no repeat
before death comes, the final cause
of retirement. We cheat read more »
233.Listless and Mundane
Waves of heat flow horizontally
Across the screened kitchen door read more »
234.041010b when routine change
i talked to my friend who just retired
he was very eager to know what, where,
how everybody is doing this time of year
we talk for a good thirty minutes, he is read more »
old couple taking a walk
around an oval
story filled read more »
236.050710C worrisome economy-bail me out
un-easy breath still holds my chest
dow jones slides is not, not over yet
our trading partners in europe troubled
could be not just greece is causing it read more »
237.042111G behind traffic
i saw husband and wife
asking for a simple job
from a restaurant owner
i guess they came from read more »
238.042811A antly life
saw ant sipping dew off a leaf
waving antennae, wiping face
hanging there upside is great
i can't imagine doing myself read more »
239.051011D Try Harder
small yellow flags over asphalt
giving direction for tire tracks
very strong smell of newly laid
rain would be really welcome read more »
240.Don’t exit your grave.
Don’t visit your premises
After death. You’ll be a ghost.
Don’t visit your work place
After retirement. Hold the face. read more »
New Retirement Poems
- Retirement, ramesh rai
- Position to hold, hasmukh amathalal
- A Chat By Brothers, Vinz Poetry
- The Spoils Of Retirement, david kush
- Retirement, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jobless Asses And Horses, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Retirement, Toshie Nohara
- Works And Pensions, Dave Alan Walker
- Re-Renting Time, Jim Yerman
- My Ramshackle, GEORGE AMADI
- Family Ties, Tosin Abegunde
- 'Peace and Love' Tanka for Neil Young, Chenou Liu
- Nothing, Aparna Chatterjee
- Retirement, Chris Poythress
- SUPERANNUATION, vidyut chakraborty
- Age - a number to cumber, Noor Othman
- Time Rages At The Quiet Of My Soul, Shalom Freedman
- Silk-Washing Temple, Yu Xuanji
- The Ages of The Sea, Robert Rorabeck
- Retirement., Syed Anwar Yarkhan Jilani
- The Retiree's Lament, Mike Green
- And You Can Have It All, Danny Draper
- ! Old Happy Face!, Marvin Brato Sr
- Single Blessedness (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Mine, Madman Poet
- Day and Age, Kaio Clark
- Happy Old Face, Marvin Brato Sr
- Retirement, Allen Brodell
- Poetic Tribute, Marvin Brato Sr
- Acrostic, Marvin Brato Sr
- Growin' Old, Carolyn Brunelle
- Stories Made Up, Margaret Alice Second
- Forty Plus Years, Eric Cockrell
- Retirement, Rose Angel H
- A Wife and Her Benefits, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Calling Minds, Naveed Akram
- Retirement Blues, Joy Thacker
- Don’t exit your grave., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 051011D Try Harder, Manonton Dalan
- 042811A antly life, Manonton Dalan
- 042111G behind traffic, Manonton Dalan
- EARLY Retirement, PINONDANG SITUMEANG
- WORKING FOR THE LORD, david kush
- Thank You Ma'am Leah, Bonnevie Barcelita Galindo
- 050710C worrisome economy-bail me out, Manonton Dalan
- old couple, RIC S. BASTASA
- 041010b when routine change, Manonton Dalan
- The Sting of Conscience, Mahmoodul Haque Sayed
- Signs Of Spring, Merle Steinmann
- We loved them now not, DICKSON MSETI
- Retiring for Final Writings, Frank V. Gardner
- General Fonseka’s entry into politics: I.., nimal dunuhinga
- Fursat, Always Aparna
- Eastbrook, Gill Moore
- vulnerability, Boghos Artinian
- Off Piste, Matthew Coombe
- Hilda's retirement., Ruth Street
- Investment brokers, Jim Norausky
- Be Garfield For More Than A Day, LaTisha Parkinson
- fade away, gershon hepner
- 'Pre-Retired', Linda Winchell
- Retirement, Amelia Evelyn White
- Retirement dreams, john tiong chunghoo
- .5. Pension in a State, David Threadgold www.david ..
- DIC, Herbert Nehrlich
- Dream, Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
- At Last, Carolyn Brunelle
- guilty, faith toney
- California Public Employees Pension, O Anna Niemus
- . Things They Never Told Me, Mary Havran
- The last of the sunny-sides-up, mark nwagwu
- *Retirement Plans, Ted Sheridan
- Retirement, mark nwagwu
- TAKE HIS ADVICE, Aldo Kraas
- carpe diem