Retirement Poems - Poems For Retirement
Poems about retirement. You can read the best retirement poems. Browse through all retirement poems.
109.Stress = God Is In Control
We're a nation of frazzled families
With little time for personal affection.
As the treadmills of tension keep us hostage
We're losing our perspective of direction.
Racing to get the kids off to school,
Navigating the madness of bottleneck traffic.
Fearful of our own job-loss and income,
While the newscasts get more hopeless and graphic.
Helping our children with their homework
Scrambling to prepare their dinner.
Having family spats with loved ones
And being told on Sunday, we're a sinner.
Worrying about crime, taxes, cancer and terrorism
Infectious disease and paying next month's bills.
Saving for college and our own retirement
It's no wonder we drink, smoke, pray and pop pills.
Whatever Satan has planned for our harm
God's integrity will transform to good.
Adhering to morals gives us peace of soul
Teaching us to respond, and love as we should.
Tom's 825 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web! read more »
110.Habemus Novum Papam
Habemus Novum Papam
Yes, indeed we have a new Pope.
I wonder, however, if we have a new hope.
As a matter of facts, we have two popes: read more »
He retired from his job on his sixty fifth birthday
But he did not enjoy the work free life
And he died just nine months into his retirement
To be mourned by his family and his wife. read more »
112.Too Old To Work And Too Young To Die
That time catches up on us all is surely not a lie
He is too old to work and he is too young to die
On retirement pension and quite bored with life
He spends much of his time arguing with his wife read more »
Celibate student life.
productive householder. read more »
114.Time Rages At The Quiet Of My Soul
TIME RAGES AT THE QUIET OF MY SOUL
Time rages at the quiet of my soul-
My children are so busy now read more »
Coming read more »
Well I'm almost there ya know
that full retirement kinda place.
I'm not old enough to collect any money
can't find a job, with age lines upon my face! read more »
117.Single Blessedness (Acrostic)
Pressures, hassles gone
restless hours are done
on this retirement day
memories will always stay read more »
Familiarity and books read more »
119.A State Of Mind
As all of us grow older, I'm sure that we will find,
How we feel about ourselves, is just a state of mind.
Do not retire to vegetate, or sit to wait and die.
Get active, use your brain or time will pass you by. read more »
Her family raised and gone,
she, too, has moved on
beyond the life of her youth;
its yoke of responsibility cast off. read more »
New Retirement Poems
- Retirement, ramesh rai
- Position to hold, hasmukh amathalal
- A Chat By Brothers, Vinz Poetry
- The Spoils Of Retirement, david kush
- Retirement, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jobless Asses And Horses, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Retirement, Toshie Nohara
- Works And Pensions, Dave Alan Walker
- Re-Renting Time, Jim Yerman
- My Ramshackle, GEORGE AMADI
- Family Ties, Tosin Abegunde
- 'Peace and Love' Tanka for Neil Young, Chenou Liu
- Nothing, Aparna Chatterjee
- Retirement, Chris Poythress
- SUPERANNUATION, vidyut chakraborty
- Age - a number to cumber, Noor Othman
- Time Rages At The Quiet Of My Soul, Shalom Freedman
- Silk-Washing Temple, Yu Xuanji
- The Ages of The Sea, Robert Rorabeck
- Retirement., Syed Anwar Yarkhan Jilani
- The Retiree's Lament, Mike Green
- And You Can Have It All, Danny Draper
- ! Old Happy Face!, Marvin Brato Sr
- Single Blessedness (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Mine, Madman Poet
- Day and Age, Kaio Clark
- Happy Old Face, Marvin Brato Sr
- Retirement, Allen Brodell
- Poetic Tribute, Marvin Brato Sr
- Acrostic, Marvin Brato Sr
- Growin' Old, Carolyn Brunelle
- Stories Made Up, Margaret Alice Second
- Forty Plus Years, Eric Cockrell
- Retirement, Rose Angel H
- A Wife and Her Benefits, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Calling Minds, Naveed Akram
- Retirement Blues, Joy Thacker
- Don’t exit your grave., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 051011D Try Harder, Manonton Dalan
- 042811A antly life, Manonton Dalan
- 042111G behind traffic, Manonton Dalan
- EARLY Retirement, PINONDANG SITUMEANG
- WORKING FOR THE LORD, david kush
- Thank You Ma'am Leah, Bonnevie Barcelita Galindo
- 050710C worrisome economy-bail me out, Manonton Dalan
- old couple, RIC S. BASTASA
- 041010b when routine change, Manonton Dalan
- The Sting of Conscience, Mahmoodul Haque Sayed
- Signs Of Spring, Merle Steinmann
- We loved them now not, DICKSON MSETI
- Retiring for Final Writings, Frank V. Gardner
- General Fonseka’s entry into politics: I.., nimal dunuhinga
- Fursat, Always Aparna
- Eastbrook, Gill Moore
- vulnerability, Boghos Artinian
- Off Piste, Matthew Coombe
- Hilda's retirement., Ruth Street
- Investment brokers, Jim Norausky
- Be Garfield For More Than A Day, LaTisha Parkinson
- fade away, gershon hepner
- 'Pre-Retired', Linda Winchell
- Retirement, Amelia Evelyn White
- Retirement dreams, john tiong chunghoo
- .5. Pension in a State, David Threadgold
- DIC, Herbert Nehrlich
- Dream, Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
- At Last, Carolyn Brunelle
- guilty, faith toney
- California Public Employees Pension, O Anna Niemus
- . Things They Never Told Me, Mary Havran
- The last of the sunny-sides-up, mark nwagwu
- *Retirement Plans, Ted Sheridan
- Retirement, mark nwagwu
- TAKE HIS ADVICE, Aldo Kraas
- carpe diem