Racism Poems - Poems For Racism
Poems about racism. You can read the best racism poems. Browse through all racism poems.
Still I Rise - Poem by Maya Angelou
You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may tread me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.
Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.
Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.
Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?
Out of the huts of history's shame
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
Comments about Still I Rise by Maya Angelou
Poems About Racism
- 1. Still I Rise , Maya Angelou
- 2. If , Rudyard Kipling
- 3. Cross , Langston Hughes
- 4. I, Too , Langston Hughes
- 5. We Wear The Mask , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 6. Enslaved , Claude McKay
- 7. Children's Rhymes , Langston Hughes
- 8. Let America Be America Again , Langston Hughes
- 9. Equality , Maya Angelou
- 10. Incident , Countee Cullen
- 11. The Little Black Boy , William Blake
- 12. The Lynching , Claude McKay
- 13. The Barrier , Claude McKay
- 14. The Negro Mother , Langston Hughes
- 15. The Negro Speaks Of Rivers , Langston Hughes
- 16. The Debt , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 17. Racism , Oodgeroo Noonuccal
- 18. A Negro Love Song , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 19. On The Creation Of Niggers , Howard Phillips Lovecraft
- 20. The Voice Of Inclusion , Raymond A Foss
- 21. We Think It Is So Distant , Raymond A Foss
New Racism Poems
- Healing Wounds Of Racism, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Day, Cindy Christmas
- The Great Pretenders, Robert A Black
- Racism, Get Out!, Bongiwe Tom
- The True Worth Of Any Human Being, Francis Duggan
- Racism Is Still Rife, Francis Duggan
- Their Names Should Be Inscibed, Francis Duggan
- There Are Good And Tainted People, Francis Duggan
- Racism And Violence, Hebert Logerie
- An Opinion On Events At The University O.., Donal Mahoney
- carpe diem