Purple Poems - Poems For Purple
Poems about purple. You can read the best purple poems. Browse through all purple poems.
Warning - Poem by Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
Comments about Warning by Jenny Joseph
Poems About Purple
- 1. Warning , Jenny Joseph
- 2. Purple Martins , Carl Sandburg
- 3. Lullaby , Eve Merriam
- 4. Purple—is Fashionable Twice , Emily Dickinson
- 5. Stars Wheel In Purple , Hilda Doolittle
- 6. On The Purple And White Carnation , Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Nor ..
- 7. The Purple Cow , Gelett Burgess
- 8. On The Mantelpiece , Amy Lowell
- 9. There Was A Man Who Lived A Life Of Fire , Stephen Crane
- 10. The Purple Thread , Katharine Lee Bates
- 11. Blazing In Gold And Quenching In Purple , Emily Dickinson
- 12. Avoiding Purple , Raymond A Foss
- 13. A Purple Trumpet , Raymond A Foss
- 14. Deep, Deep Purple , Raymond A Foss
New Purple Poems
- Nymphs, Evelyn Scott
- Oh Jacaranda, Vera Sidhwa
- Purple Tears For A Prince, Hebert Logerie
- Purple Flame, Lore Me34
- Prince Death, Cmack Estevez
- Doves Cry, john sensele
- Purple, Vera Sidhwa
- In Deep Purple Dreams, Anahit Arustamyan
- Embracing The Demon, Abby Keen Harris
- Paint Me The Colours Of The Rainbow, Paula Glynn
- carpe diem