Pride Poems - Poems For Pride
Poems about pride. You can read the best pride poems. Browse through all pride poems.
I Wear This Face With Pride - Poem by belinda mrwebi
There is neither now Vaile nor mask suited for this face
No amount of dust can ever cover the radiance in these eyes.
There is now make-up for this skin type, for this beauty is infinite and
I bear no shame in the scars and rankles that tell a trail of my footsteps.
I wear this face with pride because my eyes have seen the truth of this life in its nakedness, and my ears have heard the screams silent to the ignorant.
I wear this face with bride because time and time again I have heard the cold voice of death calling and refused to answer before my time.
For I will not put this rod down till my crown is put back to its rightful place.
This skin alone tells you my story.
The story of women who walked before me and embodied the true definition of courage.
Woman whose hearts lived through the slavery of sexism and patriarchy.
This face carries the struggles of motherhood, prostitution, abuse and the untold stories of little girls trapped in the shattered hearts of young mothers.
Unclothed I walk with no shame for I want the world to see who my ancestors are.
I want them to see the features of strength, courage and pride passed on to me by my people.
I want them to see our shaded skin tone that connect us to this soil and tell our relation to the sun.
I wear this face with pride because I want them to know the hearts of a thousand who have fallen, the thousand who have risen and the multitude who were birthed from their triumph.
I wear this face with pride because of the women who walked away from abuse.
The maid who raised a magistrate
The daughter who had the courage to forgive her rapist
The slave who gave birth to a king.
I walk with my chin high so the world could see.
I smile from the heart refusing to cover up
For this face mirrors both love and hope
Pain and sorrow
Victory and faith
I wear this face with pride, for this is a face of every woman who has ever lived.
Comments about I Wear This Face With Pride by belinda mrwebi
Poems About Pride
- 451. I Wear This Face With Pride , belinda mrwebi
- 452. Some Man's Song , Brandon J. Moore
- 453. Pride On The Line , Precious Mason
- 454. Bitter To Swallow..(Haiku) , ging taping
- 455. Pride - The Master Of Disguise , Peter Hall
- 456. Seven Deadly Sins: Pride , Daya Nandan
- 457. Pride Of An Eagle , Sir T.A.E.P.S
- 458. To Him , diana ballesteros
- 459. 152. Poet's Pride , Praveen Kumar In Shobha Priya
- 460. Indian Pride , shonda barnes
- 461. Native Pride , gerald cree
- 462. Flame Lily , Terry Dawson
- 463. Pride Has Come , Jordan Couso
- 464. Pride: Vice Or Virtue? , Ali Rahimi
- 465. Pride , Didier Sixte Kahungu
- 466. Six-Toed Tina , Taylor Rosewood
- 467. 6 Rounds , Didith Marcelo
- 468. The Second Booke Of Epigrammes. , Thomas Bancroft
- 469. The Monarch Of Futility , surya das
New Pride Poems
- Seven Deadly Sins: Pride, Daya Nandan
- My Pride, Nassy Fesharaki
- Flame Lily, Terry Dawson
- Some Man's Song, Brandon J. Moore
- Bitter To Swallow..(Haiku), ging taping
- Lies Of Lust, Prince Friday
- Pride: Vice Or Virtue?, Ali Rahimi
- Feed The Ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Woman Pride, ademola oluwabusayo
- Noble Soldiers, leslee kerketta
- carpe diem