Poverty Poems - Poems For Poverty
Poems about poverty. You can read the best poverty poems. Browse through all poverty poems.
A Dialogue: Two Fellows In One World - Poem by Chibueze Oscar Osuji
The world is a wretch'd place for me to be
Full of wishes at occurrence at night,
When the eyes are drunk in slumbering glee
To awake in daytime's lack and want plight
A world that enhance man's darkness to light
A world that tame a poor fellow's wit, bright.
Aha! Poor fellow wrong of you to say
A fellow like me nest in the world- -same
The world is a blissful place now, to-day
A gambit of taverns and sashes fame
Rul'd by gold, govern'd by silver and name
Wealth brings forth name and fame, What a world of game!
A game? (this fellow must be rich) how wrong-
of you; in games do men die or fall ill?
Unwit is your brain, but your health is strong,
Have you e'er sat beside the rodent-throng
And converse wi' th' church-rats in poverty tongue?
Forbid! A fellow of dignity hush!
To stoop myself and posh garment so low
Converse with a church-rat will crack and crush-
My ego: Poor f'llow, be stead in sorrow.
I long for th' riches in your fatten'd palm
To roll onto me as the earth spins round;
Such wealth assist great good when time is calm
To help the poor-folks poverty have s'rround.
Poor fellow amid your poverty thus:
You are like me in mind; same mind for us.
Nay! A diff'rent fellow I am in meek.
But same riches of the world you do seek?
...I do not seek it...for greed as you do.
Perhaps, you seek it true, as the sky's blue.
Enough! Enough! I say dear gentlemen
Why argue on a world you've never been?
Why tarnish th' idea I brought with the pen?
Why argue on a world you've never seen?
I pray you forgive us dear writer please
Portray anew idea; grant my role lease
My poor role also be leas'd likewise his,
As well fairwell
My pen will tell.
(Poor fellow now Rich fellow)
(Rich fellow now poor fellow)
I shall cast solemn glances at your side
My wealth and your wretch'dness do not abide.
I thought you referr'd you were meek in thought
And not similar quest we likely sought.
Why have great wealth like this only to waste?
For poor-folks; fairwell to poverty in haste.
In this world, similar are men in mind
In this world, t' wealth our eyes are op'n ne'er blind.
Comments about A Dialogue: Two Fellows In One World by Chibueze Oscar Osuji
Poems About Poverty
- 1. A Dialogue: Two Fellows In One World , Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- 2. Real Poverty , Abdullah alHemaidy
- 3. Castrated Warriors , Mustafa Marconi
- 4. Depression , Thistle Wargul
- 5. Poverty Me , Jim Boone
- 6. But Tears Only For My Grandma , krishna Baalu
- 7. Her Last Letter: Being A Reply To 'His A.. , Francis Bret Harte
- 8. Without Hope , Walter William Safar
- 9. My Head Bent Low And My Eyes Filled With.. , Renu Beri
- 10. Poverty , stephen joel
- 11. Ambitious Sky , Moses Samandar
- 12. Who You Worship , Simon Quperlier
- 13. Prosperity , Simon Quperlier
- 14. Cherry Fields In The Ghetto , Kevin Rottweiler
- 15. Child Labor , Mac Adrone Adonay
- 16. Freedom, Then What , Quir Diing Jr.
- 17. Scribbles On The Poverty Line , Ibtisam Barakat
- 18. Verses Of Caution To An African Girl , alexander opicho
- 19. On The Outside , ras palmer
- 20. An Attempt To Write , Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
- 21. My Heart Beat , Zanele Mavuso
- 22. To A Twelve Year-Old Child , Cheryl L. DaytecYañgot
- 23. Mama; S Sacriffice , luvuyo gqamane
- 24. Burning Man , Thulile Pakade
- 25. Black America (The Story Of Pain And Glo.. , Electric Hipster
- 26. American Gothic , David Cooper
- 27. If I Was , sammie annamaria merlo rodri ..
- 28. One Day At A Time , Sefofane Shabalala
- 29. Africa Can Still Survive , Simon Quperlier
- 30. Poverty And Africa , Kenneth Maswabi
- 31. Dooms Day , kasey bazzi
- 32. Life In Bottel , joe hirsch
- 33. Haiti.... , Khalid Hameed
- 34. Living To Work , April Michelle
- 35. Hear, Oh Hear, Dire Poverty , Raymond Cabrera
- 36. If We All Have The Answers In Us , GuyAdler Dorelien
- 37. Restlessness , ali toyin abdul
- 38. Belief , haley was here
- 39. Vignette - Iii , Matilda Betham
- 40. How To Free Yourself From The Capitalist.. , Haki Aitoro
- 41. Christmas Sun , BURGHARDT GARSON
- 42. Poverty , Selina Gurgacz
- 43. My Heart Poverty......................... , christian guice
- 44. Sticks And Stones… , Onyx Blake
- 45. Poverty Is Here To Stay , Syed Anwar Yarkhan Jilani
- 46. My Second Trip To Mexico City, September.. , Dan Quiles
- 47. Rousseau Goes Zen , M Barton
- 48. Turkana Is Not All About Poverty , alexander opicho
- 49. Quitting Its Better! ! , Bheki Patrik Nhlapo
- 50. Hope: A Worthless Virtue , Albert Ahearn
New Poverty Poems
- Temple By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poverty Iv, Edward Kofi Louis
- Poverty, A State Of Mind, Kenneth Maswabi
- A) The Poor Are Poor Because We Chea.., paul bamberger
- Poverty, Man's Catch 22, Ali Rahimi
- Beggars And Poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Notes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down With Poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Welcome To The City Of Poverty, jackie compton
- Problem Of Today's Era, maharshi trivedi
- carpe diem