Poetry Poems - Poems For Poetry
Poems about poetry. You can read the best poetry poems. Browse through all poetry poems.
If You Ask Me, What It Is Poetry, I Shall Say… - Poem by Bijay Kant Dubey
Poetry for me is the Light Divine,
An experimentation with it,
As for to infuse into
The powers divine.
Poetry if you ask me, then is love poetry,
The poems of love
Deeper feelings and emotions
Of the heart, human heart.
The stanzas and paragraphs of love,
And loverly expressions
Written in verse.
I feeling for you, you feeling for me,
The attachment between the two,
The bonding in-between,
My love for you, your love for me
And it can love for all, whom love we.
My love poetry is the songs of heart and love,
The love experienced
In a tabooed society,
Where the restrictions are,
Not of free-mixing society and culture.
To change it, if ask you, what is poetry,
Poetry is modernistics, linguistics,
Urban, contemporary, industrial,
Of the malls, plazas and metros,
Traffic jams and terminuses.
In the parks, cyber cafes, bars, beaches,
Canteens and restaurants,
Taking pizzas and snacks
And the paparazzi sitting,
All taking a break and for an outing,
The colonial and post-colonial people.
The modern, the modernistic and the post-modern,
Jogging in the park early in the morning,
Going to the gym
As for body fitness,
Doing yoga to keep fit,
To hide in age and ageing
And in the bermuda pants.
Dyeing the hair golden and the moustache black,
With the golden glasses on the eyes
Supported by a golden frame
And the black lace hanging on,
Doesn’t present him young and smart,
Stylish and boyish?
Poetry if you ask is irony and satire,
Satire direct while irony indirect,
Satire sarcastic and sardonic
Full of mocks,
But irony twisting and turning
With doublespeak and volte face.
Poetry is myth and mysticism,
Shrouding in mystery,
Incorporation of myths
With the folk stuffs,
Poetry carrying it forward
The mystery of Creation.
If you ask, I shall say, to change it,
Poetry is innocence and ignorance
Combined together with,
A heart so innocent, so ignorant
To constitute poetry,
The composition of it
In the clean heart of man.
Poetry is if ask you then I shall
Metaphysics, theology and religiosity,
Man and his sense of religion,
Man and his morality,
Man and his ethics.
Poetry is as much as religious faith but as much as doubt,
Poetry is anti-thesis,
Poetry is blasphemy, atheism,
Scepticism and agnosticism
Giving birth to existentialism.
Poetry is iconography as well as iconoclasm,
Form and see
And if not, break the established things
If God hears not you;
Poetry is nihilism
And the world a big zero.
Poetry is lyricism,
A wreath of lyrics embedded into,
Flowers strung together,
Which sing you,
Poetry as the love-lyrics,
Not only love-lyrics,
But the lyrics of life.
Poetry as the penetration of serenade and silence,
The mind composing,
With the storks, herons and swans flying
And making the scene landscapic.
The poet’s poetry,
The property of the poet,
The proprietor of his poetry,
Maybe it he will hand over to someone
And if the manuscripts see not the light of the day,
The pale sheets of paper will destroy in course of time.
The poet a painter,
Painting scenery and landscape,
The poet a singer,
A singer of heart,
The poet a writer
And the words as pictures and images
Expressing a vision of life,
And poetry symbolical,
Full of signs, symbols and motifs,
Poetry laden with, relaying to,
Poetry coded, decode them.
Poetry pessimism, reflecting sorrows,
The sorrows of life,
Despair, dejection and despondence,
Grief and sadness,
Dark despair and bleak hope.
Poetry optimistic, of karmayoga
And the doer as a karmayogi,
Active and dutiful,
Facing the odds and doing the job
The poetry of the poet
And the poet the sole proprietor of his works,
But he handing them over to Time and its dustbin,
Time the Curator of the archival studies,
The museum of life and the world
And its care-taker.
I do not know what did I say to by the way,
Just by the way,
Coming a long way,
Now I want to take a rest
As have walked a long distance
Without claiming for and introducing myself,
Writing almost like an unknown citizen.
Comments about If You Ask Me, What It Is Poetry, I Shall Say… by Bijay Kant Dubey
Poems About Poetry
- 201. If You Ask Me, What It Is Poetry, I Shal.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 202. What Is Poetry To Jayanta Mahapatra? , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 203. Poetry Is All In One! , Ramesh T A
- 204. In The Kingdoms Of Poetry , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 205. What Is Poetry, I Asked , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 206. In A Poetic Way , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 207. 18 Definitions Of Poetry , Shalom Freedman
- 208. The Death Of Poetry , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 209. Ph: Poetry Writing: Open Letter #b. , Brian Johnston
- 210. Ph: Poetry Writing: Open Letter #a. , Brian Johnston
- 211. A World Poetry Day! , Ramesh T A
- 212. I Can Write Poetry All Day Long , Shalom Freedman
- 213. Will Poetry Come To A Decline In The Mod.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 214. A Progress To A Philosophic Poet! , Ramesh T A
- 215. My Poetry , gajanan mishra
- 216. Poetically Incorret Poem , Abdul Wahab
- 217. Poetry The Crystallisation Of The Soul , john tiong chunghoo
- 218. Poetry And Poems , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 219. There Are Times/ When The Poetry Of The .. , Shalom Freedman
- 220. A Cheaper Form Of Writing Poetry Seems! , Ramesh T A
- 221. Poetry, Its Schools, Thought & Tradition , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 222. There Is A Poetry That Believes , Shalom Freedman
- 223. They Say…. , V P Mahur
- 224. Poetry Is The Divine Part Of Man , Patti Masterman
- 225. After All Hymn , Aldo Kraas
- 226. Dance - Poetry In Motion , gajanan mishra
- 227. Poetry All Want To Write! , Ramesh T A
- 228. When The Need To Write Poetry , Shalom Freedman
- 229. Hello, Poetry! , Denis Martindale
- 230. A Cutting Edge Poetics 15102012 , Nyein Way
- 231. Let Everyday , gajanan mishra
- 232. When The Life Of The Poet/Is His Princip.. , Shalom Freedman
- 233. Three , RIC S. BASTASA
- 234. A Freedom By Poetry! , Ramesh T A
- 235. A -Deformational -Decompositional- Story.. , Nyein Way
- 236. What Is Poetry For Me, As I Take It? , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 237. My Reason's Why Poetry Is Never Devilish, , Abdul Karim
- 238. Who Has The Time To Read Poetry Today? , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 239. Poetry , Nyein Way
- 240. Is Poetry All? Science Nothing? (The Dic.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 241. Poetry To Me , louis rams
- 242. Is It Poetry? ! , Edward Kofi Louis
- 243. Poetry Shall Prevail! , Denis Martindale
- 244. Bushey Jewish Amputee Has Poem In New Ir.. , Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- 245. An Autopsy Of A Dead Poem In Contemporan.. , Nyein Way
- 246. Where Is The Poetry Of New Life? , Shalom Freedman
- 247. Poetry Dream. , Albert Wong
- 248. Poetry Is Mere Acceptance , gajanan mishra
- 249. There Was A Poet Whose Only Reading Was .. , Shalom Freedman
- 250. Nyein Way's Bio-Data And Poetry Statemen.. , Nyein Way
New Poetry Poems
- What Is Poetry To Jayanta Mahapatra?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- In The Kingdoms Of Poetry, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What Is Poetry, I Asked, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gallery Of Portraits In Poetry (Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Creations, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What Is Poetry? If You Ask And Take Thei.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Prose, Robert Ronnow
- Poetry!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- John Ashbery: Some Personal Reflections, Ron Price
- Types Of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- carpe diem