Pink Poems - Poems For Pink
Poems about pink. You can read the best pink poems. Browse through all pink poems.
Miss Dainty Bess - A Garden Poem - Poem by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
It was the garden party of summer and the
flowers gathered, dazzling in a color blitz.
Dainty Bess did not show her face at the
garden party today to eveyone's surprise.
Abe Lincoln, the much looked upon, red rose,
of the garden, was more dismayed by the gossipy reaction
of the other flowers than he was himself. However
Mr. Lincoln felt he was being ignored by the absence of
Dainty Bess, with her always dew kissed pink elegance.
How dare she not show her beautiful face at the garden party this
day. Together, they were the favorites in the garden, he thought
Always side by side, receiving a flurry of compliments.
In Dainty Bess's absence, Larkspur, in haughty elegant dress,
wearing hot pink and rapturous blue, stood proud,
lifting their heads so all could see.
The irises burst forth with golden crowns, sparkling
in the afternoon hot sun.
With fancy ruffled beards, some sparkled in sapphire blue.
Fox glove stood guard, like debutants, in soft pink and
violet. Hats like trumpets with lacy white edges.
Lilies with freckled faces, beamed in an array of colors.
Columbine, majestically dressed in purple and red.
They turned their heads, sure to be seen.
Pink and purple cone flowers pushed to be noticed and
danced to the rhythm of soft breezes.
Bees and butterflies attended...
The bees in close harmony while the butterflies danced
in flower beds to the delight of everyone in attendance.
Soon, before he knew what had happened. the red rose
was the center of attention...everyone loved his red blush
they said they had not noticed before.
No one mentioned the absence of Dainty Bess again and who
could ask for more was Mr. Abe Lincoln's reaction to the best garden
party he had ever attended.
Dorothy Alves Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
Comments about Miss Dainty Bess - A Garden Poem by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Poems About Pink
- 151. Miss Dainty Bess - A Garden Poem , Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- 152. My Spirit Roams In Their Rooms.. , veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- 153. The Skin Of A Peach , Saiom Shriver
- 154. Dawn Sky , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 155. Colour-Coding My Life [revised] , Margaret Alice Second
- 156. The Colour Pink , Paula Glynn
- 157. Kissing Your Lips , Michael P. McParland
- 158. Paint Me The Colours Of The Rainbow , Paula Glynn
- 159. Do The Roses Bloom On Your Cheeks? , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 160. My Lady Song , Aldo Kraas
- 161. Illegal Pink Proliferating (Second Versi.. , Margaret Alice Second
- 162. Illegal And Forbidden (2nd Revision) , Margaret Alice Second
- 163. My Daughter Tanya , Dr Shamim ali
- 164. I Am A Painter Of Her Lips , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 165. The Land Down-Under , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 166. A Child With An Imagination , Aminath Neena
- 167. Sammy, The Nurse... , RIC S. BASTASA
- 168. Fantasies Intersecting [rev] , Margaret Alice Second
- 169. The Pink Toothbrush , Marilyn Lott
- 170. Those Wild Pink Salmon , Michael Shepherd
- 171. 01 Volume 1 A Short Poems , Saiom Shriver
- 172. 01 Volume 1 B Short Poems , Saiom Shriver
- 173. Stands For Love [rev] , Margaret Alice Second
- 174. Pink Pearl Necklace , Is It Poetry
- 175. Hardcorpes , Charles Hice
- 176. Chase The Grey Coldness (Revised) , Margaret Alice Second
- 177. Mr Bello , john chizoba vincent
- 178. Pretty In Pink , Melvina Germain
- 179. The Hand That Rocks The Craddle Pink , Is It Poetry
- 180. Pink City , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 181. What Suits Me May Not Suit You , ivor or ivor.e hogg
- 182. Rosalie , Edward Kofi Louis
- 183. 'Pink Strawberry Wallpaper' , Linda Winchell
- 184. The Pink Slip , RIC S. BASTASA
- 185. To The Pink Prison , Edward Kofi Louis
- 186. Eternal Ideal [rev.] , Margaret Alice Second
- 187. In Pink And Blue [revised] , Margaret Alice Second
- 188. Purple Feathers [revised] , Margaret Alice Second
- 189. Camouflage In Cooler Colours , Margaret Alice Second
- 190. Reinforcing [rev] , Margaret Alice Second
- 191. Pretty In Pink? What Would The Tudor Fam.. , Joe Rosochacki
- 192. It Is, A Just Small Thing , Is It Poetry
- 193. 'Nurse' , Is It Poetry
- 194. One, Rose To Many , Is It Poetry
- 195. I, Really Do, Can You? , Is It Poetry
- 196. Pink Rose , Claudia Krizay
- 197. A Beacon , Is It Poetry
- 198. 23 Metamorphosis , Saiom Shriver
- 199. Unexpected Synergy , Margaret Alice Second
- 200. Outside My Window V , Frank Avon
New Pink Poems
- Stands For Love [rev], Margaret Alice Second
- Why Pink?, Brittany Woessner
- The Pink Toothbrush, Marilyn Lott
- Pink, Hailey Stump
- Acid-Base Titrations, Stevi Lee Alver
- Pretty In Pink, Melvina Germain
- Lessons Of Letting Go....................., Eva Tortora
- Pink City, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mr Bello, john chizoba vincent
- Known As Pink, Rohit Sapra
- carpe diem