Ocean Poems - Poems For Ocean
Poems about ocean. You can read the best ocean poems. Browse through all ocean poems.
The Wide Ocean - Poem by Pablo Neruda
Ocean, if you were to give, a measure, a ferment, a fruit
of your gifts and destructions, into my hand,
I would choose your far-off repose, your contour of steel,
your vigilant spaces of air and darkness,
and the power of your white tongue,
that shatters and overthrows columns,
breaking them down to your proper purity.
Not the final breaker, heavy with brine,
that thunders onshore, and creates
the silence of sand, that encircles the world,
but the inner spaces of force,
the naked power of the waters,
the immoveable solitude, brimming with lives.
It is Time perhaps, or the vessel filled
with all motion, pure Oneness,
that death cannot touch, the visceral green
of consuming totality.
Only a salt kiss remains of the drowned arm,
that lifts a spray: a humid scent,
of the damp flower, is left,
from the bodies of men. Your energies
form, in a trickle that is not spent,
form, in retreat into silence.
The falling wave,
arch of identity, shattering feathers,
is only spume when it clears,
and returns to its source, unconsumed.
Your whole force heads for its origin.
The husks that your load threshes,
are only the crushed, plundered, deliveries,
that your act of abundance expelled,
all those that take life from your branches.
Your form extends beyond breakers,
vibrant, and rhythmic, like the chest, cloaking
a single being, and its breathings,
that lift into the content of light,
plains raised above waves,
forming the naked surface of earth.
You fill your true self with your substance.
You overflow curve with silence.
The vessel trembles with your salt and sweetness,
the universal cavern of waters,
and nothing is lost from you, as it is
from the desolate crater, or the bay of a hill,
those empty heights, signs, scars,
guarding the wounded air.
Your petals throbbing against the Earth,
trembling your submarine harvests,
your menace thickening the smooth swell,
with pulsations and swarming of schools,
and only the thread of the net raises
the dead lightning of fish-scale,
one wounded millimetre, in the space
of your crystal completeness.
Comments about The Wide Ocean by Pablo Neruda
Poems About Ocean
- 1. The Wide Ocean , Pablo Neruda
- 2. Out Of The Rolling Ocean, The Crowd , Walt Whitman
- 3. The Stars Go Over The Lonely Ocean , Robinson Jeffers
- 4. July Fourth By The Ocean , Robinson Jeffers
- 5. Ocean Of Forms , Rabindranath Tagore
- 6. As I Ebb'D With The Ocean Of Life , Walt Whitman
- 7. The Ocean , Nathaniel Hawthorne
- 8. The Ocean Said To Me Once, , Stephen Crane
- 9. Mid-Ocean In War-Time , Joyce Kilmer
- 10. Once By The Pacific , Robert Frost
- 11. The Ocean , Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson
- 12. A Coast View , William Charles Wentworth
- 13. The Ocean's Song , Victor Marie Hugo
- 14. Love's Philosophy , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 15. Sonnet I: Unto The Boundless Ocean , Samuel Daniel
- 16. After The Sea-Ship , Walt Whitman
- 17. Ocean: An Ode. Concluding With A Wish. , Edward Young
- 18. Ocean: An Ode. Concluding With A Wish.* , Edward Young
- 19. Apostrophe To The Ocean , George Gordon Byron
- 20. Lines To The Ocean , Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- 21. The Depths , Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- 22. As In The Globe Embraced By Ocean , Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev
- 23. The Ocean , Isaac McLellan
- 24. The Ocean Yacht Race , Isaac McLellan
- 25. “any Fool Can Get Into An Ocean . . .” , Jack Spicer
- 26. O Sun Of Real Peace , Walt Whitman
New Ocean Poems
- Captain, brandon whitlock
- To Take A Bath, Edward Kofi Louis
- Tsunami Aftermath- Lividly Living Corpse, Nikhil Parekh
- Titanic-The Ship Of Immortal Love And Dr.., Nikhil Parekh
- Djangar 11 Song About The Defeat Of Fero.., Yuri Starostin
- The Ocean's Mixed Emotions, Mantsebo Golda Motlhatlhedi ..
- The Bright Ocean, Sara Javed
- A Song (Fallen In The Ocean), Sameer Ahsan
- Ocean, Mr., Mrs. Blink, Eli Siegel
- The Paddler, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- carpe diem