Narrative Poems - Poems For Narrative
Poems about narrative. You can read the best narrative poems. Browse through all narrative poems.
Glancing Back At Never - Poem by Sarah Cohen
I recognized signs. Green skies and still air.
You stopped saying I love you before I went to bed, just before I left you to do whatever you did while I slept.
But I was surprised when the tornado touched. It so long hovered above us.
The last time it twisted through our home, you, your lover and our money swirling through the air as you grabbed all you could, and tossed me outside to fly and fall to a hard landing.
God Himself gave me shatterproof bones, which you both depended on and took for granted. God gives everyone something.
I rose and sought out my children, surprised at how unruffled the young can be in the middle of catastrophe, knowing only that they want to join their friends playing next door.
I sought you out too, though defeated by your desire for fun, and despite kicking now and then, loved you as I might a broken shoe without questioning whether it was worth wearing, my love as maddeningly sturdy as the rest of me.
We carried on.
I swallowed your selfishness. I swallowed your girlfriends', too, for this simple love, love I couldn't help or stop, the love I might feel for a big eyed dog that lifts its leg to piss on my pillow.
No apologies from you or your chubby lovers. You even twisted the narrative, putting my anger in the center, those few kicks, so that you could still be the sweet guy to your buddies. You took my martyrdom.
And I carried on with this stupid love, durable as ever, through hurt, anger, grief, insanity, scrubbing toilets, your rotting teeth and taking the children for pizza.
A dozen years passed. Seemingly impossible but easier than your parting.
My clean pillow now saddens me. No thoughtless companion even to joke as I sputter on his pee.
You were the only person I forgave though I did only to endure you.
You're somewhere else, never again with me, while I trudge alone through winter's landscapes.
Comments about Glancing Back At Never by Sarah Cohen
Poems About Narrative
- 1. Glancing Back At Never , Sarah Cohen
- 2. Eternity By And By , Obed Akuma
- 3. The Letter (Iii) , Jacqui Thewless
- 4. You Can Go Now , Dick Holmes
- 5. Give Or Take A Metre , John D. Farley
- 6. Radical Hours Of Mothers , Ryan Eisele
- 7. Preservation , Fleur Jones
- 8. Love , Hayley Lewis
- 9. Move , Soumita Sarkar Ray
- 10. America 101 , Curtisj Johnson
- 11. Endless End , Udaya R. Tennakoon
- 12. Dog Days , michael hogan
- 13. The Stone Pickers (A Conversation With .. , Patrick Lodge
- 14. Athens Shall Burn For The 3rd Time , Joseph DeMarco
- 15. Jack Brabham , Ron Price
- 16. The Day We Said Goodbye , Emelita C. Smith
- 17. Na Tian Piet's Sha'Er Of The Late Sultan.. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 18. What Is Left Unsaid , Josephine Collett
- 19. Matrix , Sudeep Sen
- 20. Romancing In Dispair , Norden Lama
- 21. The Paradox Of The Jewish Youth , Hannington Mumo
- 22. From Malady To Remedy , Ali Rahimi
- 23. Shahid, Come And Witness , feroz rather
- 24. The World Series Of Poker , David Floren
New Narrative Poems
- _7 Erato Epilogue (Narrative), Irresistible Erato myMuse
- All-Knowing Author (Rev.), Margaret Alice Second
- Hotel Lautréamont, John Ashbery
- Crossman, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Question! ?, Frank Okoth
- From....Ll, Morgan Michaels
- *****finding The Mother, sathya narayana
- Narrative, Juliana Spahr
- Lingua Franca, Sylvia Perry
- Psalm With A Phrase From Beckett, Rick Barot
- carpe diem