Music Poems - Poems For Music - Bagpipe Music
Poems about music. You can read the best music poems. Browse through all music poems.
Bagpipe Music - Poem by Louis Macneice
It's no go the merrygoround, it's no go the rickshaw,
All we want is a limousine and a ticket for the peepshow.
Their knickers are made of crepe-de-chine, their shoes are made of python,
Their halls are lined with tiger rugs and their walls with head of bison.
John MacDonald found a corpse, put it under the sofa,
Waited till it came to life and hit it with a poker,
Sold its eyes for souvenirs, sold its blood for whiskey,
Kept its bones for dumbbells to use when he was fifty.
It's no go the Yogi-man, it's no go Blavatsky,
All we want is a bank balance and a bit of skirt in a taxi.
Annie MacDougall went to milk, caught her foot in the heather,
Woke to hear a dance record playing of Old Vienna.
It's no go your maidenheads, it's no go your culture,
All we want is a Dunlop tire and the devil mend the puncture.
The Laird o' Phelps spent Hogmanay declaring he was sober,
Counted his feet to prove the fact and found he had one foot over.
Mrs. Carmichael had her fifth, looked at the job with repulsion,
Said to the midwife "Take it away; I'm through with overproduction."
It's no go the gossip column, it's no go the Ceilidh,
All we want is a mother's help and a sugar-stick for the baby.
Willie Murray cut his thumb, couldn't count the damage,
Took the hide of an Ayrshire cow and used it for a bandage.
His brother caught three hundred cran when the seas were lavish,
Threw the bleeders back in the sea and went upon the parish.
It's no go the Herring Board, it's no go the Bible,
All we want is a packet of fags when our hands are idle.
It's no go the picture palace, it's no go the stadium,
It's no go the country cot with a pot of pink geraniums,
It's no go the Government grants, it's no go the elections,
Sit on your arse for fifty years and hang your hat on a pension.
It's no go my honey love, it's no go my poppet;
Work your hands from day to day, the winds will blow the profit.
The glass is falling hour by hour, the glass will fall forever,
But if you break the bloody glass you won't hold up the weather.
Comments about Bagpipe Music by Louis Macneice
Poems About Music
- 1. I Am In Need Of Music , Elizabeth Bishop
- 2. Music , Walter de la Mare
- 3. Music Swims Back To Me , Anne Sexton
- 4. Music, When Soft Voices Die , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 5. Celestial Music , Louise Gluck
- 6. Ancient Music , Ezra Pound
- 7. Dirge Without Music , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 8. I Know The Music , Wilfred Owen
- 9. What Is Music To You? , Sylvia Chidi
- 10. Sonnet 128: How Oft, When Thou, My Music.. , William Shakespeare
- 11. Master Of Music , Henry Van Dyke
- 12. Sonnet 8: Music To Hear, Why Hear'st Tho.. , William Shakespeare
- 13. Bagpipe Music , Louis Macneice
- 14. Secret Music , Siegfried Sassoon
- 15. Call It Music , Philip Levine
- 16. Music , Arthur Seymour John Tessimond
- 17. At A Solemn Music , John Milton
- 18. On Music , Thomas Moore
- 19. The Sound Of Music....... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 20. To Music , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 21. Music , Wilfred Owen
- 22. Broken Music , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 23. Alexander's Feast; Or, The Power Of Music , John Dryden
- 24. Transcription Of Organ Music , Allen Ginsberg
- 25. Music , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 26. Water Music , Robert Creeley
- 27. Words For Music Perhaps , William Butler Yeats
- 28. Music To Me Is Like Days , Les Murray
- 29. Music I Heard , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 30. From Spring Days To Winter (For Music) , Oscar Wilde
- 31. Music , Frank O'Hara
- 32. April Music , s./j. goldner
- 33. Split The Lark&Mdash;And You'Ll Find The.. , Emily Dickinson
- 34. Sing -- Sing -- Music Was Given , Thomas Moore
- 35. Better—than Music! For I—who Heard It , Emily Dickinson
- 36. Away With Funeral Music , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 37. Music At The Villa Marina , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 38. That Music Always Round Me , Walt Whitman
- 39. We Are The Music-Makers , Arthur William Edgar O'Shaug ..
- 40. Yes, The Fish Music , Richard Brautigan
- 41. To The One Of Fictive Music , Wallace Stevens
- 42. Proud Music Of The Storm , Walt Whitman
- 43. Music – (Acrostic) , Allyson Gordon
- 44. Storm-Music , Henry Van Dyke
- 45. Church Music , George Herbert
- 46. Italian Music In Dakota , Walt Whitman
- 47. Music: An Ode , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 48. The Strange Music , Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- 49. Five For Country Music , Lisel Mueller
- 50. To Music: A Song , Robert Herrick
New Music Poems
- Music, Aphelele Tengile
- My Music, Laura arwen
- If You Cut A Tree; You Cut Your Own Moth.., Nikhil Parekh
- Life = Death - Volume 2 - Poems On Life,.., Nikhil Parekh
- When The Rythem Of Music Changes, Even D.., Preston Mwiinga
- Music: The Food For Life, Nikhil Parekh
- Music For Me, Diane Catherine Kordas
- Music: A Divine Art, Thilliar Varnakulasingham
- To Feel The Music Is Like Feeling The To.., Raymond Sawyer
- Music Has, jack phillips
- carpe diem