Poem about memory. You can read the best memory poems. Browse through all memory poems.
In your arms was still delight,
Quiet as a street at night;
And thoughts of you, I do remember,
Were green leaves in a darkened chamber,
Were dark clouds in a moonless sky.
Love, in you, went passing by,
Penetrative, remote, and rare,
Like a bird in the wide air,
And, as the bird, it left no trace
In the heaven of your face.
In your stupidity I found
The sweet hush after a sweet sound.
All about you was the light
That dims the greying end of night;
Desire was the unrisen sun,
Joy the day not yet begun,
With tree whispering to tree,
Without wind, quietly.
Wisdom slept within your hair,
And Long-Suffering was there,
And, in the flowing of your dress,
And when you thought, it seemed to me,
Infinitely, and like a sea,
About the slight world you had known
Your vast unconsciousness was thrown. . . .
O haven without wave or tide!
Silence, in which all songs have died!
Holy book, where hearts are still!
And home at length under the hill!
O mother quiet, breasts of peace,
Where love itself would faint and cease!
O infinite deep I never knew,
I would come back, come back to you,
Find you, as a pool unstirred,
Kneel down by you, and never a word,
Lay my head, and nothing said,
In your hands, ungarlanded;
And a long watch you would keep;
And I should sleep, and I should sleep!
Mataiea, January 1914 read more »
Strange Power, I know not what thou art,
Murderer or mistress of my heart.
I know I'd rather meet the blow
Of my most unrelenting foe read more »
27.At an Old Drawer
Before this scarf was faded,
What hours of mirth it knew;
How gayly it paraded
From smiling eyes to view. read more »
ARRANGING long-locked drawers and shelves
Of cabinets, shut up for years,
What a strange task we've set ourselves !
How still the lonely room appears ! read more »
29.To the Memory of the Brave Americans
AT Eutaw Springs the valiant died;
Their limbs with dust are covered o'er-
Weep on, ye springs, your tearful tide;
How many heroes are no more! read more »
30.I Remember, I Remember
I Remember, I Remember
I remember, I remember
The house where I was born, read more »
31.To Flee From Memory
To flee from memory
Had we the Wings
Many would fly
Inured to slower things read more »
O MEMORY, thou fond deceiver,
Still importunate and vain,
To former joys recurring ever,
And turning all the past to pain: read more »
33.To the Memory of My Beloved Author, Mr. William Shakespeare
To draw no envy, Shakespeare, on thy name,
Am I thus ample to thy book and fame;
While I confess thy writings to be such read more »
Within the circuit of this plodding life
There enter moments of an azure hue,
Untarnished fair as is the violet
Or anemone, when the spring stew them read more »
35.The Long Small Room
THE long small room that showed willows in the west
Narrowed up to the end the fireplace filled,
Although not wide. I liked it. No one guessed
What need or accident made them so build. read more »
36.Memory of Sun
Memory of sun seeps from the heart.
Grass grows yellower.
Faintly if at all the early snowflakes
Hover, hover. read more »
New Memory Poems
- Memory most valuable., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Facts on memory.., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Memories, anujan raja
- A memory in a watch, nicholas sardinha
- Memories, O Souvenirs, Hebert Logerie
- I Understand, Savon Csr
- Memory, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- memories that hurt, obed obser
- Darker Memories, Abhijeet Kadam
- Memories, Anonymous Retard
- Memories, Tiana AllSmiles
- Streetwalking, Charles Timothy
- Puzzles of Memories, Edward Lim
- Your Birth, Rasul Raessi
- Storing Memories H B Syllable Count 2-.., Heather Burns
- A Lovely Memory, Heather Burns
- Memories, DAVID werts
- Yesterday A Memory, Heather Burns
- Unforgettable, Ellen Mendez
- Memories, Pam mpita
- Freedom's Memorial, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Memories, Kelsey Martinson
- memories, Onalethuso Petruss Ntema
- Memories, Sammje Peltier
- Memories Won't Go Away, Dragon Crenshaw
- I Wanna Love You, Sherry Painter
- Hope against hope, Dom Hunt
- Memory (Thy Shall), Alicia Meyers
- Sigh, Jessica Lindsey
- Memories, Justin John Gibson
- Memories, Adam McKim
- Memories, Erica Santana
- Memories Of You, Rupa Rani Kudumula
- Memories, Matthew Holloway
- Chain Of Broken Memories, Matthew Petranovich
- Memories, Khushbu Kedia
- A Long Term Memory I Have, Shyama Mohapatra
- Shadow of My Memory, Cyrus Diaz
- Memories, Orlando Belo
- Suddenly A Memory, Heather Burns
- *The memory river*, Dwi utami
- memories, Jes Sommer
- Making Love With Memories, Mark R Slaughter
- 03/2010..........Memories, fawzia zie
- Memory, Mark R Slaughter
- Faded Memories, Hayley Foster
- Strolling down memory lane, taran burke
- Memories, dee anderson
- THOSE MEMORIES, Carolyn Ford Witt
- Cellophane Spirit: Improvisation 10 19 .., Lee B. Mack
- MEMORIES OF YOU....., JOSE MURGUIA
- The Soldier (memorial day memorial day m.., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Memories Come and Go, sherif monem
- Im here not sure why, Rosalita Fernandez
- Lake Memories, Marilyn Lott
- My Memory Seems To Fade In Iraq, Philip Lore
- Memories In Iraq, Philip Lore
- Memories, John Gregoire
- memories of pain, johnny clark
- Memory, Nicole Edwards
- in the making of 'memory', kite remedy
- Memories..., Sad Truth
- These Memories, Starr Downing
- but a memory, chip reed
- Wounded By Destiny, Dakshu Chadha
- My Memories, Ralph Acosta
- ~♥ loving memories~♥, Breanni McDuffey
- A Memory Shall Flow, M Rene Riel
- Memories, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- Forget, Anne Rhitak
- Have a Nice Day, David Harris
- Memory of You, Heather Huff
- Memories, Dennis Walker
- My Memories, lizzy Sydney
- carpe diem