Marriage Poems - Poems For Marriage
Poems about marriage. You can read the best marriage poems. Browse through all marriage poems.
Buttons Are So Gay - Poem by David Beckham
Everyone has an opinion
Consider your opinions like the buttons on your shirt
Each button representing an opinion you have in life
All buttoned, you are clothed in full knowledge of your view on world and life
But sometimes we leave a button out, because an idea is suffocating us
Sometimes we need more buttons because society believes we deserve extra recognition
Like for a PhD
Or for being the employee of the month
Or for playing well with others
Perhaps you seek extra buttons because you can’t get enough of your own opinions around you
Or simply because you are 'that' standout kid!
Whatever your case
Consider the curious case of the standout kid
Consider his case for gay marriage
Even the slightest mention of it raises an eye brow
Everything comes to a screeching halt
Everyone is neatly dressed and buttoned
Make no mistake to press the wrong button
Because you can always feel the nerves
It societal and it runs deep
The sensitivity is like the nerve endings on a bad tooth
It sure will ache when messed with
The Toughest topics to debate are the ones where the answers weigh heavily on moral grounds
How do you decide what is right or wrong?
Gay marriage, Abortion, Murder, Marriage etc are issues we have debated for centuries
The “law' as we have it was founded on the notion of 'beyond reasonable doubt”
There is something quite odd about it all
The jury selection is based on odd numbers
This life was indeed odd to begin with.
One planet, one Sun, one Moon
One father, one mother
The jury has to reach a verdict.
It is deemed a FAIR solution to have odd numbers of jury
With even number of juries, we would be deadlock for days. Fair enough
We as humans want a fair solution and seek fair answers
Fair decisions to complicated problems
The problem as I see it is thus 2 folds
It is definitely not fair perhaps downright unreasonable to think 2 men can’t love each other
Or that 2 females can’t love each other
I know of homes where it takes 2,3,4 sometimes 5 women to raise a successful man and vice versa
This problem, truth be told is as old as man
It was man that decided that the fair thing to do was hunt animals for their meat and fur
Was that fair to animals?
It was man that decided to invade and occupy lands
Was that fair to humans?
Man has been acting odd from the beginning of time
Why then does it come as a surprise that man wants to marry man?
Ready, set, go
And here comes the time machine
No one can stop the clock from ticking
Same way, no one can stop the “evolutionary” process
If someone from the future perhaps showed us all what the future will be like
A future with dwindling population size
And a world where men were killing men for there was a lack of lovers
Men forcefully taken away in the middle of the night to be with other men
And then one day, the world was without children and finally
There was a scarcity of adult males and adult females
An imbalance in the male and female population of lovers
And such more males bonded together and now marriage was defined as between 3 people,
That is,3 men and 3 female! Fair enough!
Another 300 years is defined as between 4 people. Fair enough!
And then one day it is all adult men and all adult women left on earth.
And someday, someone will ask the question again
Is it fair that we annihilate all of mankind because of our actions?
And the jury will be out with a vote to say
”On a 5 to 4 vote split on evolutionary lines”
“We the jury vote that it is unconstitutional for men to marry men and females to marry females, marriage is here defined as between a man and a woman”
And after 1000 years, order is restored and the population size starts to increase again
There is more food on earth because in all that time
T here were very few people to deplete all of earth resources and that reduction meant a reduction in pollution
China is clean again, and now we have words of dinosaur sighting in China.
It is the year 4000.
May you live long to find the fair answers to questions that have bothered man for years!
And tell the world 4000 years from now what the world turned out to be.
In the absence of such gory images, give peace a chance, love one another and button up!
Comments about Buttons Are So Gay by David Beckham
Poems About Marriage
- 1. Buttons Are So Gay , David Beckham
- 2. A Marriage Made In Heaven , Tameeka Smith
- 3. Hudibras: Part 3 - Canto I , Samuel Butler
- 4. Sex Before Marriage? , Marvin Brato Sr
- 5. Serious Consdieration , hasmukh amathalal
- 6. In Her Loving Memories! , Geetha Jayakumar
- 7. I Am Proud Of My Husband! , Shaila Touchton
- 8. At The Altar , Mark R Slaughter
- 9. Marriage Mystery , Shashikant Nishant Sharma
- 10. One Four Square Sonnet - Parody Shakespe.. , Jonathan ROBIN
- 11. Tender And Astringent , gershon hepner
- 12. Sonnet: To My Wife , Dr John Celes
- 13. What Those Marriage Worth, I Am Already .. , Sambidhan Acharya
- 14. You May Have Obtained Nama , Narsinh Mehta
- 15. A Brief Note On Marriage! , Ramesh T A
- 16. Marriage , Mohammad Muzzammil
- 17. Solemnity Of Marriage. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 18. Sonnet: Intra-Marital Love , Dr John Celes
- 19. An Ominous Woman , Akhtar Jawad
- 20. Car'Ranged Marriage , Seema Aarella
- 21. Marriage Supper With Our Lord! , Patricia Martin
- 22. Loyalty , Praveen Kumar In Celestial G ..
- 23. The Golden Cage , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 24. The Word “divorce” Never Exists , Bhavani Polimetla
- 25. Oh! The Marriage , Thomas Davis
- 26. I'M Ready To Sign The Papers , Traves Sevier
- 27. Marriage Mission , Cephas Rotimi Oluwaseyitan
- 28. Marriage Contract , Shahabuddin Nagari
- 29. Sonnet: Marriage , Dr John Celes
- 30. A Lovely Engagement And A Great Marriage , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 31. The Purpose Of Marriage , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 32. Love And Marriage , Jay P Narain
- 33. Gay Marriage , Audrey Draven
- 34. Will You Marry Me? Do You Love Me Really.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 35. Marriage And Divorce , Walterrean Salley
- 36. Marriage Means...? , Ima Ryma
- 37. Matrimony , Terence Jacob
- 38. Equal Partnership , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 39. Marriage And Morals. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 40. Oh What A Gift , Michael Wamalwa
- 41. On Marriage. , Azriel Dreams
- 42. A Marriage Function! , Ramesh T A
- 43. The Journey Of Love , Denis Martindale
- 44. Fifty Years Of Marriage , Francis Duggan
- 45. Marred By Infidelity , Marvin Brato Sr
- 46. Woman And Man , Vera Sidhwa
- 47. Infidelity , Marvin Brato Sr
- 48. A Zig Zag Month! , Ramesh T A
- 49. Marriage , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- 50. The Wedding , Mark R Slaughter
New Marriage Poems
- Marriage And Friendship, S.D. TIWARI
- Arranged Marriage And Love, S.D. TIWARI
- Adam And Eve And Marriage God, Simpa omoluabi
- Salsaabil 25 Poem@sakisabre, SAKISABRE Saki
- Marriages Now, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Marriage Steps Or Stairways, Dorsey Baker
- Solemnity Of Marriage., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Golden Cage, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Marriage Is A Symbol Of, gajanan mishra
- Aching Common Sense, Heidi Lynn Staples
- carpe diem