Marriage Poems - Poems For Marriage
Poems about marriage. You can read the best marriage poems. Browse through all marriage poems.
This Land Divided - Poem by mark king
(I am a freedom loving American, and a Veteran. I have faith, love, poetry and art. I have been from riches to rags. I’m working my way back up with faith, love, friends, poetry and art. I was first published when I lived in a homeless shelter. If I can do that, what can you do?)
One nation indivisible is divided
With an upper class split
From those who shop
And those so high in the sky
Others shop for them
As well as pay the bills
Raise the kids
Supervise the servants
Put food in their mouths
And everything else
Who fuels it?
Money fuels the explosion
At the top
Wealth builds amongst the few
With no new seams of gold
And no more domestic oil deposits
Discovered or drilled
Where does it come from?
The endless wars
Only fuel military contractors
It comes from squeezing Americans!
Take away pensions and benefits
Because it swells profits
Easy credit on dubious terms
With high interest
Raising insurance premiums
And refusing to insure
Those who might make a claim
Downsizing and outsourcing
To boost share profits
Reduce the wages
Distract us with lines like…..
We are going to a service economy!
Just another way to say
We are giving it all away
(Like the steel industry, etc)
As the looting continues
The average American
Is maxed out
Overworked and overspent
Ban gay marriage
But how can two peoples
Marriage threaten another
Isn’t marriage about good values?
The Bible does have homophobia
Endorsements of slavery
And animal sacrifice
But not a word about gay marriage
Yet poverty and economic injustice
Fill the Bible!
He was a hardliner
Of the redistribution of wealth
Imagine what he’d say?
About the Bush tax cuts
Should invoke Jesus
One lesson from the ancient Christians
Should be followed
By all liberals and progressives
They stood against imperial Rome
With their hearts, souls and bodies
Believing in change
What can you do?
What is left?
How many wake-up calls
Do we need?
We need a new deal
Should we continue to fall apart?
Into trailer parks, tenements
And gated communities
As Americans and country
We can restore our glory
Beauty and respect from ourselves
And the world!
But it must happen now
Do not be fooled
The democrats are not communists
My Grandpa summed it up like this…..
The republicans are the party for the rich
And the democrats are for the working people
Nothing has changed
We have just forgotten
Fooled by the right
When it was really wrong
Comments about This Land Divided by mark king
Poems About Marriage
- 451. This Land Divided , mark king
- 452. Happy Anniversary , Niken Kusuma Wardani
- 453. Proposal , Dale Harvey
- 454. For Many Are Called, But Few Are Chosen .. , Mo...
- 455. Marriage , Moses Samandar
- 456. Methinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much , Jim Yerman
- 457. Modern Matrimony , Gwendolyn Anderson
- 458. Love And Let Go , Allen gill
- 459. 0092.Abhirami Andhadhi Slogan 90 , rajagopal. h..
- 460. A Shaky Marriage , J.M Berger
- 461. Single & Free , Donielle Smith
- 462. The Pussy Revolution , Alex Nodopaka
- 463. 055. Loyalty , Praveen Kumar Title Golden W ..
- 464. The Temptor And The Tempted , alexander opicho
- 465. Statistics Of Relationship , Ambrosia Ambrosia
- 466. Truth About Marriage , Alon Calinao Dy
- 467. What Did You Come Here To See , Anthony Cavuoti
- 468. The Changeling , valerie Hartland
- 469. The Run Away Bride , john chizoba vincent
- 470. Love Vs. Loneliness 10 Word , Beryl Dov
- 471. Different, Straight, Or Gay , Tiffany Saxon
- 472. Marriage-Math Musings , Bonnie Shipman
- 473. Leoline And Sydanis , Francis Kynaston
- 474. The Marriage Breakers Tent , Bill Clohesy
- 475. I Was The Promise Breaker , Audrey Marie Kay
- 476. Sacred Vows , Althia Johns
- 477. True Marriage , Rajpal Singh
- 478. True Love , anamika sangeetha
New Marriage Poems
- School Of Marriage, Charity Nduhiu
- Arranged Marriages Vs Love Marriages, Daya Nandan
- Marriage And Friendship, S.D. TIWARI
- Arranged Marriage And Love, S.D. TIWARI
- Salsaabil 25 Poem@sakisabre, SAKISABRE Saki
- Marriages Now, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Marriage Steps Or Stairways, Dorsey Baker
- Solemnity Of Marriage., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Golden Cage, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Marriage Is A Symbol Of, gajanan mishra
- carpe diem