Poem about london. You can read the best london poems. Browse through all london poems.
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Desperately fighting, to not take my last breath.
Seeking salvation, that I will not find,
My bodies in pieces, on gravel I lie.
A catastrophic event, that leads to a new horizon,
Its peaceful now and the sun is shining.
Floating in the sky, I will finally meet my maker,
He couldn't save me, but he is my saviour.
He holds me in his hand, like a new born kitten,
I'm in love with this place, completely smitten.
The grass is greener, now I'm on the other side,
The one price I paid, was to sacrifice my life.
An explosion in London, on July the seventh,
Lead me into this sanctuary, this paradise, this heaven.
God only knows, that I dreamt of this day,
Freedom from life, from suffering, from pain.
From seeing my people, kill my own people,
From seeing such sadness, such hatred, such evil.
I am not human, I can't be like them,
I can't be American, you can keep your Vietnam.
Telling stories of heroes, who died for the cause,
You’re as bad as Al-Qaeda, everyman has his flaws.
I'm now a statistic, on the Al-Qaeda hit-list,
Because of Bush and Blair, I'll never again kiss.
Or fall for someone, in the blink of an eye,
Love at first sight, stopped the day that I died.
There lies my body, their lies led to this,
We have to go to war, because of this new threat.
We have to invade that country, before they invade us,
We have to kill these people, for they we can't trust.
Propaganda for the masses, served through your TV,
Don't believe the truth, it's not what it seems.
Al-Qaeda are bad, that much of it is true,
But Bush is just as evil, he will sacrifice you.
Hey American soldier, do you believe in this war?
Like Al-Qaeda terrorists, believe what you've been taught.
Allah is great, so is God, Jah and Buddha,
One God for all men, is the only way my brother.
(C) 2005 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved. read more »
To see the London Bridge
and to think of you
To sit and watch an opera performance
and dance for you in my thoughts read more »
Never a swallow wets his wing
In Lavender Pond from Spring to Spring;
Never a lily, pure and chill,
Holds her cup for the dews to fill; read more »
Roaring and flowing from
Gloucestershire via Teddington
Leaving exquisiteness here
while passing through London. read more »
233.Farewell to London Bridge
My ears ringing
London Bridge is falling down
So much read more »
234.In a Restaurant, 1917
Encircled by the traffic's roar
Midst music and the blaze of light
The battle-jaded khaki knights
Throng, sleek and civilised once more. read more »
235.Memories of London
Soaring from the Caribbean and stepping off of the plane
Good old London you certainly felt the same
Gatwick I savour you, for your scenery I pain
O' how much I was grieving for the beautiful sight of you again read more »
I heard your call everywhere
I adored your beauty from afar read more »
237.The Lonely Path
238.In London Town
It is not here I best enjoy
The pleasure, that can never cloy,
Of idly roaming London town,
Where such familiar names look down read more »
I walk every day under your heavy skies
the grey lid that covers your people.
I walk your filthy streets and step past read more »
Who doesn’t miss London?
It is heaven on earth
Everything in one city
People bustling read more »
New London Poems
- Return home safely isn't nontrivial, Mark Heathcote
- Yet, She Is Still In His Mind, Toshie Nohara
- I Am A Professor, A Univeristy Professor.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- London Fog, Joseph Narusiewicz
- In a Restaurant, 1917, Eleanour Norton
- Haiku... Hey Kew, Ken e Hall
- Nonsense Droppings, Radhamani Sarma
- Farewell to London Bridge, May Doyle
- Breathing Out, Sadiqullah Khan
- London Baby, Moses Samandar
- London Bridge, Edwina Reizer
- The most beautiful city London is the ca.., Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- London School Of Economics (Aka L.S.E), Nicolas GRENIER
- This Is London, Alexander Hayden James Smith
- London Bridge, Neela Nath
- Memories of London, Dennis Adonis
- City Haiku, Ell Ell
- LONDON, Nicolas GRENIER
- Festival Haiku - London Olympics 2012, john tiong chunghoo
- LONDON CALLED, Robinson Jonathan Dare
- The Themes, William Cheesman
- Zig-Zag on a London Train, Najib Altawell
- Lines on A.B, James McIntyre
- Londonderry, Saiom Shriver
- Haiku # 27, Luis Estable
- First Encounter - Mustafa Noor (Malaysia), john tiong chunghoo
- The Train To Waterloo, Angela Wybrow
- London, Affan Chowdhury
- London Streets, Aparna Chatterjee
- Goodbye London, Abayomi Habib
- London, Angela Wybrow
- London, Catman Cohen
- London Riot Haiku, john tiong chunghoo
- Britanica Hymn Edited, Aldo Kraas
- Britanica Hymn Revised, Aldo Kraas
- Lights Out, Jessie Pope
- MOON SHINING OVER THE LONDON BRIDGE, Aldo Kraas
- J'adore the underground, Lucia Domingos Fula
- Plane Blanket Haiku, C Richard Miles
- Tranquil hamlet, NAYYAR SHABBIR AHMAD
- The Oldest Thing In London, Cicely Fox Smith
- London Pool, Cicely Fox Smith
- By The Old Pagoda Anchorage , Cicely Fox Smith
- By The Old Pagoda Anchorage , Cicely Fox Smith
- london, seamus j carroll
- Ballade Of Cleopatra's Needle, Andrew Lang
- London, Francis William Lauderdale A ..
- For Selma, Langston Hughes
- LONDON FIELDS SONG, Aldo Kraas
- Being Smug, NAYYAR SHABBIR AHMAD
- Sir Christopher Wren 1632-1723, Joyce Hemsley
- THe Unification of London and France, Harlan Lovestone
- West London GIRL, Holda Felix
- I HAVE MY EYES FIXED ON LONDON SONG, Aldo Kraas
- Don't stand aloof, Enitan Onikoyi
- Michael Jackson Tribute Haiku, john tiong chunghoo
- London city you claims your right, see fee lee
- Constable, Jason Palmer
- Travel Haiku - Brixton South West London, john tiong chunghoo
- IN LONDON, Vida Nenadic
- Hope Hanging On At Heathrow, C Richard Miles
- HE WANTS TO GO TO LONDON, TOO, Vida Nenadic
- Sustenance, Melanie Walendowsky Baker
- mate-man, mate-woman, gershon hepner
- My beautiful Lady, Framarz Bagheri
- London, Jim McDonald
- city on the sea? ? WAEL MOREICHEH, WAEL MOREICHEH
- The is a nonce in the village, James Clive
- Travel Haiku - London's Marylebone, john tiong chunghoo
- -DANCE ON THE BRIM OF THE WORLD - WAEL M.., WAEL MOREICHEH
- SCHOOLBOYS IN 1939, Michael Pruchnicki
- Technology, Chizom Okpara
- London Town, jor leou
- Photo of Schoolboys, Michael Pruchnicki
- carpe diem