London Poems - Poems For London
Poems about london. You can read the best london poems. Browse through all london poems.
Spring Wind In London - Poem by Katherine Mansfield
I Blow across the stagnant world,
I blow across the sea,
For me, the sailor's flag unfurled,
For me, the uprooted tree.
My challenge to the world is hurled;
The world must bow to me.
I drive the clouds across the sky,
I huddle them like sheep;
Merciless shepherd-dog am I
And shepherd-watch I keep.
If in the quiet vales they lie
I blow them up the steep.
Lo! In the tree-tops do I hide,
In every living thing;
On the moon's yellow wings I glide,
On the wild rose I swing;
On the sea-horse's back I ride,
And what then do I bring?
And when a little child is ill
I pause, and with my hand
I wave the window curtain's frill
That he may understand
Outside the wind is blowing still;
...It is a pleasant land.
O stranger in a foreign place,
See what I bring to you.
This rain--is tears upon your face;
I tell you--tell you true
I came from that forgotten place
Where once the wattle grew,--
All the wild sweetness of the flower
Tangled against the wall.
It was that magic, silent hour....
The branches grew so tall
They twined themselves into a bower.
The sun shown... and the fall
Of yellow blossom on the grass!
You feel that golden rain?
Both of you could not hold, alas,
(both of you tried, in vain)
A memory, stranger. So I pass....
It will not come again
Comments about Spring Wind In London by Katherine Mansfield
Poems About London
- 51. Spring Wind In London , Katherine Mansfield
- 52. London - In Imitation Of The Third Satir.. , Samuel Johnson
- 53. Orinda To Lucasia Parting October 1661 A.. , Katherine Philips
- 54. Earthquake In London , Anonymous Olde English
- 55. The Wreck Of The Steamer London , William Topaz McGonagall
- 56. Trivia ; Or, The Art Of Walking The Stre.. , John Gay
- 57. London Types: Bluecoat Boy , William Ernest Henley
- 58. London Types: Flower-Girl , William Ernest Henley
- 59. An Epitaph On Mr. Fishborne The Great Lo.. , William Strode
- 60. London Types: Bus Driver , William Ernest Henley
- 61. Trivia ; Or, The Art Of Walking The Stre.. , John Gay
- 62. London Types: Barmaid , William Ernest Henley
- 63. Scenes In London Iii - The Savoyard In G.. , Letitia Elizabeth Landon
- 64. To The City Of London , William Dunbar
- 65. To The Right Honourable John Barber, Esq.. , Mary Barber
- 66. London By Lamplight , George Meredith
- 67. London Types: Hawker , William Ernest Henley
- 68. On Mrs. Ar: F: Leaving London , Thomas Parnell
- 69. Metrical Letter, Written From London. , Robert Southey
- 70. London Types: News Boy , William Ernest Henley
- 71. The London Lackpenny , John Lydgate
- 72. London , Ada Cambridge
- 73. London Types: Drum-Major , William Ernest Henley
- 74. The Declaration Of London , Rudyard Kipling
- 75. London Types: Beef-Eater , William Ernest Henley
- 76. Prayers For London , Uriah Hamilton
- 77. Verses Wrote On Her Death-Bed At Bath, T.. , Mary Monck
- 78. London Types: Mounted Police , William Ernest Henley
- 79. The Rush To London , Henry Lawson
- 80. Impression De Nuit ( London ) , Lord Alfred Douglas
- 81. London Types: , William Ernest Henley
- 82. Lines Addressed From London, To Sara And.. , Charles Lamb
- 83. London Types: Sandwich-Man , William Ernest Henley
- 84. Scenes In London Ii - Oxford Street , Letitia Elizabeth Landon
- 85. London, Winter , Luke Davies
- 86. London West , James McIntyre
- 87. London Types: 'Liza , William Ernest Henley
- 88. Written At Camberwell, Near London, In T.. , Mary Barber
- 89. Scenes In London Iv - The City Churchyard , Letitia Elizabeth Landon
- 90. London Children , James McIntyre
- 91. As I Walked Through London , Robert Laurence Binyon
- 92. London Types: The Artist Muses At His Ease , William Ernest Henley
- 93. London Types:Life-Guardsman , William Ernest Henley
- 94. Lines On London , James McIntyre
- 95. On Reading - * Eat My Words * Poemhunter.. , Angelina Pandian
- 96. Lines Written In London , Frances Anne Kemble
- 97. London Roses , Willa Sibert Cather
- 98. The London 'Bobby' , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 99. Great Fire Of London , Colin Ian Jeffery
- 100. The London Flood , James McIntyre
New London Poems
- London Lovers, Jan Struther
- The Londoner, Francis Duggan
- Jack London Was One, Francis Duggan
- That London Train, Orlando Belo
- Jack London, Francis Duggan
- Your Time Machine, Anahit Arustamyan
- Sleepless City, Kai Janiko
- What Happened In London?, gajanan mishra
- Prose Poem 2, Douglas Scotney
- After Church Going 1958, Terry Collett
- carpe diem