Justice Poems - Poems For Justice
Poems about justice. You can read the best justice poems. Browse through all justice poems.
The Just - Poem by Gautama Buddha
Whoever settles a matter by violence is not just.
The wise calmly considers what is right and what is wrong.
Whoever guides others by a procedure
that is nonviolent and fair
is said to be a guardian of truth, wise and just.
A person is not wise simply because one talks much.
Whoever is patient, free from hate and fear,
is said to be wise.
A person is not a supporter of justice
simply because one talks much.
Even if a person has learned little,
whoever discerns justice with the body
and does not neglect justice is a supporter of justice.
A person is not an elder
simply because one's head is gray.
Age can be ripe, but one may be called 'old in vain.'
The one in whom there is truth,
virtue, nonviolence, restraint, moderation,
whoever is free from impurity and is wise,
may be called an elder.
Mere talk or beauty of complexion does not make
an envious, greedy, dishonest person become respectable.
The one in whom all these are destroyed,
torn out by the very root,
who is free from hate and is wise, is called respectable.
Not by a shaven head does one who is undisciplined
and speaks falsely become an ascetic.
Can a person be an ascetic
who is still enslaved by desire and greed?
Whoever always quiets wrong tendencies, small or large,
is called an ascetic, because of having quieted all wrong.
A person is not a mendicant
simply because one begs from others.
Whoever adopts the whole truth is a mendicant,
not the one who adopts only a part.
Whoever is above good and bad and is chaste,
who carefully passes through the world in meditation,
is truly called a mendicant.
A person does not become a sage by silence,
if one is foolish and ignorant;
but the wise one, who, holding a scale,
takes what is good and avoids what is bad,
is a sage for that reason.
Whoever in this world weighs both sides
is called a sage because of that.
A person is not a noble,
because one injures living beings.
One is called noble,
because one does not injure living beings.
Not only by discipline and vows,
not only by much learning,
nor by deep concentration nor by sleeping alone
do I reach the joy of release which the worldly cannot know.
Mendicant, do not be confident
until you have reached the extinction of impurities.
Comments about The Just by Gautama Buddha
Poems About Justice
- 151. The Just , Gautama Buddha
- 152. Just Deserts , ivor or ivor.e hogg
- 153. Opposite Meanings In Our World , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 154. Means Of Conquest , gajanan mishra
- 155. Philip Markoff-Craiglist Killer Poem , Ramona Thompson
- 156. Lawyer To The Whip , Captain Cur
- 157. There Must Be A Justice , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 158. A Rapist Never Set Him Free , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 159. Peace And Justice On Behalf Of Dr. M.L.K.. , Hebert Logerie
- 160. No Justice No Peace , gajanan mishra
- 161. We Can Create A Modern International Com.. , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 162. Where There Is Truth And Love , gajanan mishra
- 163. The Flag Of The United States , Randy McClave
- 164. It Is So Hard Song , Aldo Kraas
- 165. The Tragedy Of White Injustice , Marcus Mosiah Garvey
- 166. Justice , Sana Olivia Hernandez
- 167. The British -Translated Into Proper Engl.. , Sun shine
- 168. Power Of Time , Godfrey Morris
- 169. Whom Should I Blame! ! , Saeed Jan
- 170. Justice , Andrew Rimmer
- 171. There Is No Justice , Sheldon Carruthers
- 172. Blazing Through All Precedents , gershon hepner
- 173. How Does It Feel To Be Alone? , gershon hepner
- 174. Should Justice Be Blind? , gershon hepner
- 175. Two Parallel Lines , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 176. Justice , Aniruddha Pathak
- 177. Indian Law & Justice Needs To Be Liberal.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 178. That Ugly Injustice , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 179. A Judge That You Must Know , RIC S. BASTASA
- 180. Splitting Infinitives , gershon hepner
- 181. Justice Is A Must , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 182. Justice Is A Must Anytime , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 183. Four Yughs , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 184. Crime And Punishment , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 185. Your Ugly Injustice Does Not Help , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 186. The Cruel Voice Of The Cruel Injustice , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 187. Wisdom Of The White Wigs , Aniruddha Pathak
- 188. Crimes And Punishment , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 189. Out Of An Ugly And Mean Aggression , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 190. Targeting Innocent Kids Is Not Only A Cr.. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 191. Chapel Hill's Tragedy , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 192. American Justice Pursued , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 193. Psalm 82 , Justin Reamer
- 194. Justice Ha What Bollocks , Amy Kerswell
- 195. The Canon Of Aughrim , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- 196. Justice Never Dies , ramesh rai
- 197. I Am Trayvon Martin Too (Speak Aloud, Be.. , Hebert Logerie
- 198. A Misplaced Or Progressive Justice , Ramesh T A
- 199. There Is A Justice Below The Heavens , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 200. Senryu-82 , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
New Justice Poems
- Just Doing Justice, Andy Brookes
- Two Parallel Lines, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Justice Is A Must Anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Justice Is A Must, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- That Ugly Injustice, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Crocodile's Plight, rohan bendre
- The Uniform Of Justice (Black Lives Dont.., THEODORE MOSLEY
- Mob Justice In South Africa, Kenneth Maswabi
- There Must Be A Justice, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There Is No Justice, Sheldon Carruthers
- carpe diem