Journey Poems - Poems For Journey
Poems about journey. You can read the best journey poems. Browse through all journey poems.
Journey Of Life - Journey Of A Ship - Poem by Scarlett Leia Johnson
The radiant sun ascends into the blissful new morning.
Ships sail across the stark emptiness of the ocean calling.
Their individual sails.
The eagerness and gleeful excitement prevails.
As the journey of life is soon to begin.
The storehouse, the dock…
The cradle, the cot,
Every person providing their input, the new ship special.
Preparing the departure of the safely nurtured vessel
Awaiting the release, the maiden voyage.
The harbour intercepting
The thick walls protecting
The delicate wooden exterior of the ship.
With the sound of the water providing a steady drip.
Passing by to reveal the vast sea
The strong boat fitting through the walls like a key
Their sails midway down, catching the soft breeze
Progressing the slow journey with ease
As the ship pulls out into the north
Rocking unsteadily back and forth
As it sets its pace, its journey taking wing
The light hearted crew beginning to sing
As the bright sun shines upon their faces
The journey ahead looking towards many places.
The progression out becoming steadier
The crew’s ambition becoming readier.
A slow paced crawl beginning the progression
The sun descending, loosing its aggression.
From the support boats floating at its side
Assuring the crew of the height of the tide
To the departure of the company
Poetically gliding across the water, a silent soliloquy
The small ship sails across the wavering water
Weighed up against another, like it’s new born daughter
Completely alone and unaware of its fate
It’s speed and grace, it’s winning trait.
As with all stories, something must go wrong
Like the story of life, it will be told through this song
There’s always a time, a place in your life
When it feels so alone, like a continuing strife.
Much like our ship, so small and unaided
Merely matter of time, before its cause becomes jaded.
Bigger ships, the battle for space
Trying to put it back in its place.
Sharp detonation from the cannon of a much larger ship
cataclysmic blows with the strength of a whip.
The resistance was weak, much like the craft
The larger ship simply sat back and laughed.
Before it found its feet, biting back sharply
The cannons now loaded, fighting back bravely.
The battle begins, both valiant ships fought for long
And thus it continued, right through to morn.
The little ship was tough, its first hurdle to jump
And jump it did, the ships response far too late.
Conceited and proud, it was caught unawares
Moisture obtrusive, unfortunate affairs.
And as it began to sink, its crew watching in sorrow, somewhat bereft.
The small ship invaded, took all that was left
It’s place in the world moulding as it grew
A fate that is shared with more than a few.
All was well, until a short stage in life
A stage that shant pass like the sound of a fife.
The mutinous rebellion of the ships own crew
Fighting with itself – a short civil war
Breaking it down, its security no more.
The ships new look, its previous experiences
It’s will for self discovery, ignorance its hindrance
Enlarging its appearance, the arrogant force
Storming through the ocean, on its high horse.
Trigger happy, yet striving for self improvement
“Better than the rest”, It would boast through its movement
But deep down the angst would tear it apart
Beat down the conceited, high spirited heart.
This time quickly ran out, the dramatic scene to end
As it soon discovered it had nothing to trade and nothing to spend.
A large economy of fruitful crafts
Each making their way, working up from mere rafts.
The ships crew could see, that without this skill
It would get no where, and would surely end in a kill
So with this in mind, after several criminal assaults
They gathered an inventory without any faults
Beginning to trade would pose some issues
The crew to begin with handling the stock with some misuse
This soon would be corrected
Some lessons inflicted
Business now blooming
And profit, assuming.
As the experienced ship floats steadily on
Its wood slightly wilted and its innocence gone
The sails flying high, yet the edges beginning to fray
Gaining more wear day by day
Now at the top, looked up upon by others
Responsible to care for those without bothers.
Day by day as the ship rises up in ranks
Its modified body as strong as tanks
The older ships from which it had traded
Have fallen and sank, defeated and raided.
Unfortunately all, every good thing must end
The ship, the journey and the life of a friend
Soon to be followed by the end of the road
Withered and tired from carrying the load.
The ship itself to tell this tale -
We must tell how it fell and lost its sail
The rotted wood falling naturally apart
The ships base failing, much like the heart
As the water trickled in through the rotting timber
The structure of the ship started to hinder
The construction unable to be saved
End its life in a watery grave.
And this my friends, is how it ends
A tale of how a sailor’s life spends.
Take to heart the story I’ve told
For before you will see one similar unfold.
Comments about Journey Of Life - Journey Of A Ship by Scarlett Leia Johnson
Poems About Journey
- 1. Journey Of Life - Journey Of A Ship , Scarlett Leia Johnson
- 2. Our Journey , Joseph Essa
- 3. The Journey Without Shortcuts , Melissa Wagner
- 4. The Journey , Salman Javid
- 5. Flamingo (Long Poem On Migrated Birds..) , PERUGU RAMAKRISHNA
- 6. Life And Time , flying heart
- 7. O'Traveler Tell Me Tell Me , Alex Adeoye
- 8. Journey With You , Chey Tru Love
- 9. The Journey , Macwolls Kay
- 10. The Journey To Love , Sharon L Norris
- 11. Nostalgic , vivek pratap
- 12. My Dream Thought Of My Sunshine , minaslune serene
- 13. Trees , Jon Berry
- 14. Three Keys Of Journey , Rianda Sulistyaningrum
- 15. Misty Rose , Rasul Raessi
- 16. Life , Chrispin Johnson
- 17. We Are On The Great Journey, , Abdul Karim
- 18. Journey Towards Light , Faiz Khan
- 19. Journey Of Love , SHAAN MUKHERJEE
- 20. Trek To Kanlaon , elna mercado
- 21. Let This Be Your Journey , Olivia Anne
- 22. The Journey That Will Take Us To Heaven , Susie Sunshine
- 23. Today Is Time To Follow Your Heart , Susie Sunshine
- 24. The Journey , Susmita Dasgupta
- 25. The Titanic Of Titans , Dipankar Roy
- 26. The Journey , Susie Sunshine
- 27. Dispiritedness , Dalton J Brown II
- 28. I Am On My Special Path Of Life , susan Garelick
- 29. Death , MaddiiAnne O'Leary
- 30. The Journey , Lagaya Evans
- 31. Journey Knowing Pain , Chiqui Babykin
- 32. A Sabbath Day Journey , ademola oluwabusayo
- 33. Finding You, Finding Me , Tara Acharya
- 34. Life's Journey , Ruby Tonacao Campos
- 35. And Then There Were None , Devdan Vaidyanathan
- 36. The Journey Unknown , Kuda Bondamakara
- 37. Life Is A Journey Of Ups And Downs , Efren Petalver Carranza
- 38. I Am A Plate Of Rice , Minerva Montecalvo
- 39. Journey , Bryson Garrett
- 40. Journey Through Life , John Leroy Maxwell
- 41. Fallen Down The Deepest Ocean , Mark Anthony Mendoza
- 42. Parents Growing Old , heather something
- 43. Journey From A Small Place , Selam G. Sekuar
- 44. The Trip , Roilynn brown
- 45. Lonely Journey For Solitary Mom! , Ezna Stephna
- 46. What A Journey , Alex Fischer
- 47. Journey , Metin Sahin
- 48. Journey Man , Lucius Sulla
- 49. The Journey , Nelson Mugisha Mulera
- 50. The Journey Around The Sun , Kenneth Maswabi
New Journey Poems
- Take A Journey, Lilly Emery
- I Am Packing My Suitcase, Anahit Arustamyan
- Route 66, Curtisj Johnson
- First Step-Hauiku-Poem By Herbert Dry, Herbert Dry
- My Own Life's Quotes To Live By - April, Seema Chowdhury
- Perfect Way To Define It, Rohit Sapra
- Every Journey Is A Story., NGALAH GWEDENG
- Journey Of Life, Neptune Barman
- Life, Graty Joseph
- My Roasary By Eva Tortora, Eva Tortora
- carpe diem