Howl Poems - Poems For Howl
Poems about howl. You can read the best howl poems. Browse through all howl poems.
The Scorcher And The Howling Swell - Poem by Banjo Paterson
The Scorcher and the Howling Swell were riding through the land;
They wept like anything to see the hills on every hand;
"If these were only levelled down," they said, "it would be grand."
"If every bloke that rides a bike put in a half-a-crown,
Do you suppose," the Scorcher said, "that that would cut them down?"
"I doubt it," said the Howling Swell, and frowned a doleful frown.
"Oh, ladies, come and ride with us," the Scorcher did entreat,
"A little ride across the park and down the smoothest street,
And you will have a chance to show your very dainty feet."
The Scorcher rode up all the hills, as if the same were flat;
"It's very rude," the ladies said, "to ride as fast as that;
For all of us are out of breath - and some of us are fat."
"Cheer up, cheer up, my ladies gay," the Howling Swell replied;
"Behold a tea-shop by the way, with Globe Brand Tea inside;
And all who drink the Globe Brand Tea up any hill can ride."
And every lady in the band revived on Globe Brand Tea,
That Atcherley and Dawson sell in George Street, near the Quay,
And Howling Swells and Scorchers both proclaim its purity.
Comments about The Scorcher And The Howling Swell by Banjo Paterson
Poems About Howl
- 1. The Scorcher And The Howling Swell , Banjo Paterson
- 2. A Dog Howling , Masaoka Shiki
- 3. Wind , Amy Lowell
- 4. The Six Bards , James Macpherson
- 5. The Wind Is Howling Through The Winter N.. , Avetik Isahakyan
- 6. The Howling Winds , Raymond A Foss
- 7. The Winds Howling , Raymond A Foss
- 8. Wolves , Louis Macneice
- 9. But In The Wine-Presses The Human Grapes.. , William Blake
- 10. Gargoyles , ToddMichael St. Pierre
- 11. Milton: But In The Wine-Presses The Huma.. , William Blake
- 12. Composed During A Storm , William Wordsworth
- 13. Tortures , Wislawa Szymborska
- 14. A Royal Princess , Christina Georgina Rossetti
- 15. Childe Harold's Pilgrimage: A Romaunt. .. , George Gordon Byron
- 16. Grizzly Bear , Shel Silverstein
- 17. Midnight Mass For The Dying Year , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 18. Overheard On A Salmarsh , Harold Monro
- 19. Botany Bay Eclogues 05 - Frederic , Robert Southey
- 20. Fratres Minores , Ezra Pound
- 21. The First Walpurgis-Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 22. Wolverine , Emily Pauline Johnson
- 23. Written Shortly After The Marriage Of Mi.. , George Gordon Byron
- 24. *mose And Bonnie Lee , C R Clark
- 25. At The Party , WH Auden
- 26. Limerick:There Was An Old Man With A Owl , Edward Lear
- 27. Napoleon The Little , Victor Marie Hugo
- 28. Storm , Archibald Lampman
- 29. The Madman's Song , John Webster
- 30. Billy's Alphabetical Animal Show , James Whitcomb Riley
- 31. Nell Flaherty’s Drake , Anonymous English
- 32. . No Sounds Of Night , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 33. Lycabas , George MacDonald
- 34. The Flying Dutchman , John Boyle O'Reilly
- 35. Get Work , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 36. Monologue Of A Polar Fox On An Alaskan F.. , Yevgeny Yevtushenko
- 37. To My Little Niece Anne Duyckinck , Henry Livingston Jr.
- 38. Echoes , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 39. Winter Morning , James Phillip McAuley
- 40. Taller To-Day , WH Auden
- 41. Voices Of The Night : Midnight Mass For .. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 42. What I Have Seen #2 , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 43. Over The Wintry , Natsume Sōseki
- 44. Midnight Hour , Colin Ian Jeffery
- 45. Daylight And No Sounds Of Night , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 46. Tyre , James Bayard Taylor
- 47. To The Winds , Charles Mackay
- 48. A War March , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 49. The Batchelors Song , Thomas Flatman
- 50. Atlas , Alice Miller
New Howl Poems
- Shadowed Soul, Christian Hudak
- The Night Watchman, Dorothy Sinha
- Howling Wolf, Gemma Heaney
- Alone In The Darkness, Aloke Mukherjee
- Hoot And Howl Of Night, sallam yassin
- The Scenes Of A Ruined Heart, Romeo D. Matshaba
- Death Calling, Brent McCracken
- Levchin, Edward Kofi Louis
- Wall, Wallet!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Sickness! !, Edward Kofi Louis
- carpe diem