Home Poems - Poems For Home - Home After Three Months Away
Poems about home. You can read the best home poems. Browse through all home poems.
Home After Three Months Away - Poem by Robert Lowell
Gone now the baby's nurse,
a lioness who ruled the roost
and made the Mother cry.
She used to tie
gobbets of porkrind in bowknots of gauze-
three months they hung like soggy toast
on our eight foot magnolia tree,
and helped the English sparrows
weather a Boston winter.
Three months, three months!
Is Richard now himself again?
Dimpled with exaltation,
my daughter holds her levee in the tub.
Our noses rub,
each of us pats a stringy lock of hair-
they tell me nothing's gone.
Though I am forty-one,
not forty now, the time I put away
was child's play. After thirteen weeks
my child still dabs her cheeks
to start me shaving. When
we dress her in her sky-blue corduroy,
she changes to a boy,
and floats my shaving brush
and washcloth in the flush....
Dearest I cannot loiter here
in lather like a polar bear.
Recuperating, I neither spin nor toil.
Three stories down below,
a choreman tends our coffin's length of soil,
and seven horizontal tulips blow.
Just twelve months ago,
these flowers were pedigreed
imported Dutchmen; now no one need
distinguish them from weed.
Bushed by the late spring snow,
they cannot meet
another year's snowballing enervation.
I keep no rank nor station.
Cured, I am frizzled, stale and small.
Comments about Home After Three Months Away by Robert Lowell
Poems About Home
- 1. They Went Home , Maya Angelou
- 2. To A Daughter Leaving Home , Linda Pastan
- 3. Home And Love , Robert William Service
- 4. Home They Brought Her Warrior Dead , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 5. Home Burial , Robert Frost
- 6. Welcome Home , Spike Milligan
- 7. Home Thoughts, From Abroad , Robert Browning
- 8. A Letter Home , Siegfried Sassoon
- 9. Home For Thanksgiving , Linda Pastan
- 10. Coming Home , Ernestine Northover
- 11. My Childhood Home I See Again , Abraham Lincoln
- 12. Home , Anne Brontë
- 13. A Home Song , Henry Van Dyke
- 14. Home, Sweet Home , John Howard Payne
- 15. Journey Home , Rabindranath Tagore
- 16. Letter Home , Natasha Trethewey
- 17. At Home , Christina Georgina Rossetti
- 18. Home After Three Months Away , Robert Lowell
- 19. Bound For Your Distant Home , Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- 20. Home Thoughts , Claude McKay
- 21. Home From Abroad , Laurie Lee
- 22. Home Thoughts, From The Sea , Robert Browning
- 23. Down Home , Lucy Maud Montgomery
- 24. Graydigger's Home , William Stafford
- 25. Variations At Home And Abroad , Kenneth Koch
- 26. Home , Wilfrid Wilson Gibson
- 27. Home Sweet Home , Siyabonga A Nxumalo
- 28. The Home , Rabindranath Tagore
- 29. Away From Home Are Some And I— , Emily Dickinson
- 30. My Home , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 31. The Wrong Way Home , James Tate
- 32. The Old Home Calls , Lucy Maud Montgomery
- 33. Home , Zbigniew Herbert
- 34. A Martian Sends A Postcard Home , Craig Raine
- 35. On Home Beaches , Les Murray
- 36. How Bateese Came Home , William Henry Drummond
- 37. Who Goes Home? , Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- 38. Home , Rupert Brooke
- 39. Home, Sweet Home , Frances Ellen Watkins Harper
- 40. Lines Written From Home , Anne Brontë
- 41. Almost Home , Sandra Fowler
- 42. The Hangman At Home , Carl Sandburg
- 43. Oh Stay At Home, My Lad , Alfred Edward Housman
- 44. The Princess: A Medley: Home They Brough.. , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 45. When The Children Come Home , Henry Lawson
- 46. .home Sweet Home , Nikunj Sharma
- 47. Prophets At Home , Rudyard Kipling
- 48. Come Home, Father! , Henry Clay Work
- 49. Night In The Old Home , Thomas Hardy
- 50. Sweet Stay-At-Home , William Henry Davies
New Home Poems
- Every Migrant, Francis Duggan
- Monoku-113 (Identity-5), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- I Remembered Home, john chizoba vincent
- Home & Paradise, Nikhil Parekh
- Home Is Home, Edward Kofi Louis
- Home, Omar Eldamsheety
- Home, Aminath Neena
- Big Budget, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Home Beautiful Home Pleasant Home., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Homesick - Part 1, Sheikh Ahmed Tijan Bah
- carpe diem