Poem about holocaust. You can read the best holocaust poems. Browse through all holocaust poems.
Oskar Schindler was a member of the Nazi party and a war profiteer. He saved 1,100 Jews during the holocaust. He was enigmatic - - one man who against overwhelming odds made a difference.
'Save one life and you save the world.'
Dark tide of evil swept across Europe
Eclipsing light and truth
With Nazi jack-boots stamping down
On necks of innocence to oppress
With SS and Gestapo spreading terror
And for Jews... Hitler's Final Solution.
Schindler was a German businessman
Successful, enjoying a good life
Wining and dining in best restaurants,
Making love to beautiful women
Driving fast cars, friend of high ranking SS
Using the black market to make huge profits.
When he saw the treatment of the Jews
Forced to wear the Star of David
Humiliated and beaten in the streets
Living in ghettos like animals in a zoo
Transported in cattle trucks to death camps
Then a divine light flickered-on in his heart.
Seeing the evil he tried to rescue Jews
Purchasing a factory to employ Jewish labour
Saving them from the gas chamber
Creating his list of names and bribing the SS
Risking torture and execution
Saving as many Jews as he could.
Jews he saved called themselves 'Schindler's Juden'
And when the war was over Israel honoured him
Giving him the title of ‘Righteous Person'.
He planted a tree in the Avenue of the Righteous
Where it flourishes as a sign of one man's morality.
Oskar Schindler is buried in Israel. read more »
38.An Apology on Behalf of the Human Race
As the dignity of the human spirit never waned
In the forlorn look on the Jewish face and their race
As endured thru decades of the slime of degradation
By Gestapo secret police who had no secrets of their damned intent read more »
39.Anonymous Plays:XVI - ‘Arden of Feversham’
MOTHER whose womb brought forth our man of men,
Mother of Shakespeare, whom all time acclaims
Queen therefore, sovereign queen of English dames, read more »
40.I CRY FOR THEM
During the holocaust
So many jews
Lost their lives
And I cry for them read more »
41.Toward the Close
Time grows upon us until we exhaust
Hope's possibilities, and then we die
Who thus of life each make a holocaust read more »
42.**********SADDAM HUSSEIN IN NEW IRAQ
He was the dictator
in the old Iraq
the once fertile
the abandoned garden read more »
43.Moonrise Over Tyringham
Now the high holocaust of hours is done,
And all the west empurpled with their death,
How swift oblivion drinks the fallen sun, read more »
No country follows
In international relation read more »
BIRTH n’ DEATH
If waking is a mini birth
And sleeping, a minor death read more »
46.Remember The Holocaust
Mr. Johnson you silly little boy
Disregard those outrageous assumptions
The hands of time will continue to progress
So only you are to blame for your failures my son read more »
47.Curiosity! ! !
Curiously always on my mind as
I'm always wanting to know things
from the inside out.
Like when Jesus Christ will come back from another read more »
48.Partition and After
Everybody wanted lion's share
But were afraid to talk and dare
They were to benefit from blood and holocaust
People were to migrate soon and fast read more »
New Holocaust Poems
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day .., john tiong chunghoo
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Hallowed Holly, Saiom Shriver
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz
- The Holocaust is happening xxx, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Gk. Kainos. New, douglas scotney
- Alphabet Poem - 14, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Haiku Match Points, Jonathan ROBIN
- Yad Vashem, Dale Harvey
- No Frustration... Dec 11th,2012, James Bredin
- genesis of genocide, gershon hepner
- I Looked Out at Life with Holocaust Eyes, Alan Freshman
- TWO SUBJECTS NOT DISCUSSED OCT 20TH,2012, James Bredin
- A Single Cigarette Sucked Down, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- A Cunning Mind Triggers the Holocaust, rajendran muthiah
- My Holocaust, Abby Rose
- Grain Of Salt, Dillon Gay
- Beyond The Sky At Night, Jay Allard
- In Their Hopeless Schools, Robert Rorabeck
- Question Human Survival, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- deaf dumb and blind, john mcleish
- Is This True?, Adnan Majeed
- Experience Reality Living Memories Erased, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Ribbons In A Sea, Robert Rorabeck
- Through Her Clefts, Robert Rorabeck
- ABORTION CLINICS MAY 13 2011, James Bredin
- Sacrifice, Adetimilehin Inioluwa
- Experience Reality Disaster Horrific, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- ZF3 Proclaiming Retrofit New World Order, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Holocaust (ii), Leonard Dabydeen
- SS Demons, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- IS ABORTION MURDER?, James Bredin
- Death Of The World., Mark Horsfall
- Vast leaped the candle's flame, Patti Masterman
- The Shoes, sheena blackhall
- The Holocaust of Dreams, Megan Louise Brown
- Not To Be Written, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Anonymous Plays:XVI - ‘Arden of Feversham’, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- The Profile on the Pillow, Dudley Randall
- I am The Holocaust, Hannah Diane Williams
- If You'd Been My Sister, Robert Rorabeck
- Freedom, Yousaf hanifi
- A Conspiracy Theory, John Thorkild Ellison
- Frozen Moments, Daniel Richards
- The Tomb, Peter Eliastam
- Maker of Horror, Naveed Akram
- Darkest Days, Joyce Hemsley
- No Intervening, Rovert Nworb
- Never Again! ! !, mel hekic
- Watching Them Filter Us, Vanessa Kingsley
- history ***** SPARTANS, Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- WHY DO I HAVE TO REMEMBER THE HOLOCAUST?, Aldo Kraas
- HOLOCAUST, Rajkumar Mukherjee
- Anne Frank, Whitney Albright
- Mistakes, Abel Obando
- Two- point perspective, Twisted Rose
- tomorrow morning, early, gershon hepner
- gas, gershon hepner
- mea culpa'd, gershon hepner
- INFERNO, jerry hughes
- 'Arbeit Macht Frei', nimal dunuhinga
- Dying in the Hell I Call Home, michelle sheppard
- The Square, Carolyn RellingSurrisi
- Basti, Always Aparna
- Why?, Seeker Of Truth
- BEFORE THE DINOSAURS, M.L. Squier
- does it haae a meaning?, gershon hepner
- Victory, Diamond Jones
- Many Noble Men, ENOCH JOHN
- I CRY FOR THEM, Aldo Kraas
- September 11, Holocaust, Mimie Durand
- Biggest Holocaust, O Anna Niemus
- Holocaust-, ashley guthrie
- carpe diem