Heart Poems - Poems For Heart
Poems about heart. You can read the best heart poems. Browse through all heart poems.
IT'S going to come out all right-do you know?
The sun, the birds, the grass-they know.
They get along-and we'll get along.
Some days will be rainy and you will sit waiting
And the letter you wait for won't come,
And I will sit watching the sky tear off gray and gray
And the letter I wait for won't come.
There will be ac-ci-dents.
I know ac-ci-dents are coming.
Smash-ups, signals wrong, washouts, trestles rotten,
Red and yellow ac-ci-dents.
But somehow and somewhere the end of the run
The train gets put together again
And the caboose and the green tail lights
Fade down the right of way like a new white hope.
I never heard a mockingbird in Kentucky
Spilling its heart in the morning.
I never saw the snow on Chimborazo.
It's a high white Mexican hat, I hear.
I never had supper with Abe Lincoln.
Nor a dish of soup with Jim Hill.
But I've been around.
I know some of the boys here who can go a little.
I know girls good for a burst of speed any time.
I heard Williams and Walker
Before Walker died in the bughouse.
I knew a mandolin player
Working in a barber shop in an Indiana town,
And he thought he had a million dollars.
I knew a hotel girl in Des Moines.
She had eyes; I saw her and said to myself
The sun rises and the sun sets in her eyes.
I was her steady and her heart went pit-a-pat.
We took away the money for a prize waltz at a Brotherhood dance.
She had eyes; she was safe as the bridge over the Mississippi at Burlington; I married her.
Last summer we took the cushions going west.
Pike's Peak is a big old stone, believe me.
It's fastened down; something you can count on.
It's going to come out all right-do you know?
The sun, the birds, the grass-they know.
They get along-and we'll get along. read more »
have gone out, a possessed witch,
haunting the black air, braver at night;
dreaming evil, I have done my hitch
over the plain houses, light by light: read more »
27.When You Are Old
WHEN you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep; read more »
28.Sometimes With One I Love
SOMETIMES with one I love, I fill myself with rage, for fear I effuse
But now I think there is no unreturn'd love--the pay is certain, one read more »
29.To A Sea-Cliff -new-
Lend me an ear
While I read you here
A page from your history,
Old cliff—not known read more »
Look back with longing eyes and know that I will follow,
Lift me up in your love as a light wind lifts a swallow,
Let our flight be far in sun or windy rain--
But what if I heard my first love calling me again? read more »
31.Passer Mortuus Est
Death devours all lovely things;
Lesbia with her sparrow
Shares the darkness,—presently
Every bed is narrow. read more »
32.The Weary Blues
Droning a drowsy syncopated tune,
Rocking back and forth to a mellow croon,
I heard a Negro play.
Down on Lenox Avenue the other night read more »
33.Last Words to Miriam
Yours is the shame and sorrow,
But the disgrace is mine;
Your love was dark and thorough,
Mine was the love of the sun for a flower read more »
34.Whoever You Are, Holding Me Now In Hand
Whoever you are, holding me now in hand,
Without one thing, all will be useless,
I give you fair warning, before you attempt me further,
I am not what you supposed, but far different. read more »
You are ice and fire,
The touch of you burns my hands like snow.
You are cold and flame.
You are the crimson of amaryllis, read more »
She is neither pink nor pale,
And she never will be all mine;
She learned her hands in a fairy-tale,
And her mouth on a valentine. read more »
New Heart Poems
- Heart Through Heart, sunny Munera Managan
- The absence of love.., Kenneth Maswabi
- solutude of heart, ademola oluwabusayo
- My heart, Thapelo Lebesa
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- My good heart made mistakes, Tana David Kele
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- I Heart You 2, Deb harman
- Heart Breaking Lover, jayne harris
- THE HEART OF A PLAYBOY, vender leny
- Hearts, Lizzie Lumsden
- My Heart, Anna PasleyBrooks
- Be With Heart Be With Art, ROCHISH MON
- A Broken Heart (prose), Heather Burns
- Heart Matters, Heather Burns
- My Heart Cameo Syllable Count 2-5-8-3-.., Heather Burns
- Flowers Of My Heart (Senryu Series) .., Heather Burns
- Two Hearts That Is Willing, Tracia Love Shalom
- Why I miss you?, Mastufa AlHaidar
- heart, Abdul Wahab
- the melody of my heart, Onalethuso Petruss Ntema
- Y..... Quarks inside, Aufie Zophy
- MY HEART AGAIN, DICKSON MSETI
- Glass Hearts, Inexperienced Poet
- care for one another.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My heart in the world, Poppie Mira
- (Heart Still) Shatters, Rich Downes
- my hearts, christina tate
- equation of love, Igor Grey Balatsky
- Broke Her Heart, Michael Ernst
- Black Heart, Kathleen Reiman
- Hollow, Piper Brown
- Sing This Heart Back To Me, Miroslava Odalovic
- My Heart... What Happened?, Bikramjyoti Kashyop
- Broken Hearts, Rose Favela
- Heart And Minf Fight, Aroon George
- The Heart of the Matter Is the Heart (Po.., A. P. Hancock
- A Thankful Heart, Heather Burns
- Broken Love, Mojtaba Ebrahimian
- cankered heart, Jen Ocide
- My Heart Beats, Rajesh Kumar Vaishnaw
- my grandma, Lara wolf
- HEARTS, kia pidd
- Wild Heart, John Freeman
- When You treat Me like that, Efe Benjamin
- (((MY HEART))), Dwi utami
- Endless Possibilities, Heather Burns
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Dwi utami
- Burning Fire in My Heart, Tony Berndtsson
- My heart is flowing, Ricky Baker
- My Heart, Francis Ang
- Hollow, Chermaine Cheng
- Hearts, Naji Almurisi
- Heart To Heart, Sarah Perez
- Axiom of Life, Kranthi Pothineni
- Your little Heart, Henry Brown
- My heart, Courtney Beaudry
- counting hearts, Heather R. Stewart
- heart of mine, Moonlight Tears
- Were my heart lies..., Courtney Sycowski
- ... Truth of Heart..., Knights Dreams
- God Hates This Heart, Ramona Thompson
- This heart beats, anonymous one
- My Heart, You... don't... want me...
- my heart, crystal angel
- Lost In My Heart, Matthew Herinckx
- My Heart...What Happened?, Taylor Renae Smith
- In My Heart..., Philip Lore
- SOMEONE'S HEART, sandra brown wright
- The Sound Of Lost Love, Paul Celano
- A Yearning Heart, Smile Henry
- My Heart, Lauren Joy
- Lonely Soul, Kaylin Garrett
- carpe diem