Heart Poems - Poems For Heart
Poems about heart. You can read the best heart poems. Browse through all heart poems.
To His Coy Mistress - Poem by Andrew Marvell
Had we but World enough, and Time,
This coyness Lady were no crime.
We would sit down, and think which way
To walk, and pass our long Loves Day.
Thou by the Indian Ganges side.
Should'st Rubies find: I by the Tide
Of Humber would complain. I would
Love you ten years before the Flood:
And you should if you please refuse
Till the Conversion of the Jews.
My vegetable Love should grow
Vaster then Empires, and more slow.
An hundred years should go to praise
Thine Eyes, and on thy Forehead Gaze.
Two hundred to adore each Breast.
But thirty thousand to the rest.
An Age at least to every part,
And the last Age should show your Heart.
For Lady you deserve this State;
Nor would I love at lower rate.
But at my back I alwaies hear
Times winged Charriot hurrying near:
And yonder all before us lye
Desarts of vast Eternity.
Thy Beauty shall no more be found;
Nor, in thy marble Vault, shall sound
My ecchoing Song: then Worms shall try
That long preserv'd Virginity:
And your quaint Honour turn to durst;
And into ashes all my Lust.
The Grave's a fine and private place,
But none I think do there embrace.
Now therefore, while the youthful hew
Sits on thy skin like morning glew,
And while thy willing Soul transpires
At every pore with instant Fires,
Now let us sport us while we may;
And now, like am'rous birds of prey,
Rather at once our Time devour,
Than languish in his slow-chapt pow'r.
Let us roll all our Strength, and all
Our sweetness, up into one Ball:
And tear our Pleasures with rough strife,
Thorough the Iron gates of Life.
Thus, though we cannot make our Sun
Stand still, yet we will make him run.
Comments about To His Coy Mistress by Andrew Marvell
Poems About Heart
- 1. To His Coy Mistress , Andrew Marvell
- 2. What Lips My Lips Have Kissed, And Where.. , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 3. Never Give All The Heart , William Butler Yeats
- 4. Be Near Me , Faiz Ahmed Faiz
- 5. Loving And Beloved , Sir John Suckling
- 6. I Am Not Yours , Sara Teasdale
- 7. Anna, Thy Charms , Robert Burns
- 8. The Heart Breaking , Abraham Cowley
- 9. Xii: He Would Not Stay With Me And Who C.. , Alfred Edward Housman
- 10. Love Song , William Carlos Williams
- 11. Alas! So All Things Now Do Hold Their Pe.. , Henry Howard
- 12. I Know I Am But Summer To Your Heart , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 13. Love's Secret , William Blake
- 14. If No Love Is, O God, What Fele I So? (S.. , Francesco Petrarch
- 15. One Art , Elizabeth Bishop
- 16. Song : 'Love Armed' , Aphra Behn
- 17. If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking, , Emily Dickinson
- 18. To Electra , Robert Herrick
- 19. To His Coy Love , Michael Drayton
- 20. I Do Not Love Thee , Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Nor ..
- 21. The Barrier , Claude McKay
- 22. Renouncement , Alice Meynell
- 23. Song Of Myself, XI , Walt Whitman
- 24. My Love Sent Me A List , Olena Kalytiak Davis
- 25. Caboose Thoughts , Carl Sandburg
- 26. Her Kind , Anne Sexton
- 27. When You Are Old , William Butler Yeats
- 28. Sometimes With One I Love , Walt Whitman
- 29. To A Sea-Cliff , Thomas Hardy
- 30. The Flight , Sara Teasdale
- 31. Passer Mortuus Est , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 32. The Weary Blues , Langston Hughes
- 33. Last Words To Miriam , David Herbert Lawrence
- 34. Whoever You Are, Holding Me Now In Hand , Walt Whitman
- 35. Opal , Amy Lowell
- 36. Witch-Wife , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 37. How Much? , Carl Sandburg
- 38. The Unloved To His Beloved , William Alexander Percy
- 39. Talking To Patrizia , Kenneth Koch
- 40. The Peace That So Lovingly Descends , Noelle Kocot
- 41. I Have Lived In Your Face , Jean Valentine
- 42. What Do I Care? , Sara Teasdale
- 43. I'M A Fool To Love You , Cornelius Eady
New Heart Poems
- Specail Night For The Angel Of Respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Every Min That A Heart Wish For Respect., Raymond Sawyer
- For The Angel That Whisper Respect., Raymond Sawyer
- To Fill A Heart Is To Touch A Rose Of Re.., Raymond Sawyer
- For Every Star Thus There The Angel To F.., Raymond Sawyer
- A New Heart Thus There A New Angel.Of Re.., Raymond Sawyer
- Every Moment When The Angel Touch A Hear.., Raymond Sawyer
- The House Of The Angel Is The House In T.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Respect That Touch A Heart That Wish.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Heart Is Like A Rose But There The Ang.., Raymond Sawyer
- carpe diem