Guitar Poems - Poems For Guitar
Poems about guitar. You can read the best guitar poems. Browse through all guitar poems.
No More Music - Poem by Robert William Service
The Porch was blazoned with geranium bloom;
Myrtle and jasmine meadows lit the lea;
With rose and violet the vale's perfume
Languished to where the hyacinthine sea
Dreamed tenderly . . . "And I must go," said he.
He spoke in that dim, ghostly voice of his:
"I was a singer; then the Was . . . and GAS."
(I had to lean to him, no word to miss.)
"We bought this little café nigh to Grasse;
With sun and flowers my last few days will pass.
"And music too. I have my mandolin:
Say! Maybe you can strum on your guitar . . .
Come on - we two will make melodious din,
While Madame sings to us behind the bar:
You'll see how sweet Italian folk-songs are."
So he would play and I would thrum the while;
I used to there every lovely day;
His wife would listen with a sunny smile,
And when I left: "Please come again," she'd say.
"He seems quite sad when you have one away."
Alas! I had to leave without good-bye,
And lived in sooty cities for ayear.
Oh, how my heart ached for that happy sky!
Then, then one day my café I drew near -
God! it was strange how I was gripped with fear.
So still it was; I saw no mandolin,
No gay guitar with ribbons blue and red;
Then all in black, stone-faced the wife came in . . .
I did not ask; I looked, she shook her head:
"La musique est fini," was all she said.
Comments about No More Music by Robert William Service
Poems About Guitar
- 1. No More Music , Robert William Service
- 2. Ode To The Busker , Tania Montgomery
- 3. Gene & Richie's Guitar Pics , Suzae Chevalier
- 4. An Old Dusty Guitar , David Harris
- 5. Write Your Own Song , Dimitri Jagodinski
- 6. If I Were Someone Else On The Road... , Mahmoud Darwish
- 7. Arthur , Aldo Kraas
- 8. The Cheerful Friend , Tsira Gogeshvili
- 9. In Pursuit Of The Poetic Soul Of Ryan Ad.. , Uriah Hamilton
- 10. Limerick 036 , John Carter Brown
- 11. When We Were Young On Walnut Street , Susan Lacovara
- 12. At A Rock Music Concert , Gert Strydom
- 13. Guitar Of Beauty , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 14. Some Guitarists I Know , Wanda Swim Strunk
- 15. Paintings By Fliss Iv Painted Words , Robert Green
- 16. I Can Play (Lyrics) : , Kim Robin Edwards
- 17. Guitar Man , Ellie Daphne van Stralen
- 18. The Guitar Man , Juan Olivarez
- 19. Guitar , Palas Kumar Ray
- 20. Rock & Roll Ride (Rock Lyrics) : , Kim Robin Edwards
- 21. 'Stars In His Eyes' , Christina Sunrise
- 22. Toronto`s Guitar , Nassy Fesharaki
- 23. # # The Song Remains The Same , Sonya Florentino
- 24. Musical You , Lorena Lalen Cruz
- 25. Bar Talk Outside Tangiers , Terry Collett
- 26. An Old Lady From Cuba (Limerick) , Juan Olivarez
- 27. Higher Beat , Saiom Shriver
- 28. He Turns Me On , Aldo Kraas
- 29. Learning To Live Alone And Be Happy , RIC S. BASTASA
- 30. No Such Thing As Handicapped , louis rams
- 31. Acoustic Guitar , Atef Ayadi
- 32. All Alone , Metin Sahin
- 33. Les Paul (In Memorial) 1915-2009 , Luke Easter
- 34. Reason And Purpose , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 35. Like Spanish Guitar? , Ray Lucero
- 36. I'M Giving What I'Ve Got (Lyrics) : , Kim Robin Edwards
- 37. Killing The Mind And Time , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 38. Holding An Experience , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 39. Redneck Metalhead , Zen Bojczuk
- 40. How She Got The Blues , Marc Mannheimer
- 41. Eulogy Of A Blues Master , Paul the Lion
- 42. A Girl With A Guitar , Nenden Suherni
- 43. The Music Comes And Goes , preston trip
- 44. A Hiatus , mifael llauderes
- 45. Lonely Singer , nabila ima
- 46. Boredom , Doris Cornago
- 47. Treesong , Ruerd Visser
- 48. The Guitar And The Leather Jacket , Ocklawaha Holt
- 49. My Beloved Guitar , Jessie Jett
- 50. The Fate Of A Musician , Benjamin Andrew
New Guitar Poems
- The Boy Who Lives Down The Hill. Part.Tw.., Paola Degli Esposti
- Lucille, John F. McCullagh
- The Man With The Blue Guitar, Wallace Stevens
- My Guitar, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Old Tattoo And Bleeding Guitar., Chakshu Arora
- The Tuneless Guitar, Esther.K. Suantak
- Guitar, Palas Kumar Ray
- When His Guitar Cries, Lora Colon
- My Guitar., Majid Zubedi
- carpe diem