Green Poems - Poems For Green
Poems about green. You can read the best green poems. Browse through all green poems.
April On The Battlefields - Poem by Leonora Speyer
April now walks the fields again,
Trailing her tearful leaves
And holding all her frightened buds against her heart:
Wrapt in her clouds and mists,
Groping her way among the graves of men.
The green of earth is differently green,
A dreadful knowledge trembles in the grass,
And little wide-eyed flowers die too soon:
There is a stillness here --
After a terror of all raving sounds --
And birds sit close for comfort upon the boughs
Of broken trees.
April, thou grief!
What of thy sun and glad, high wind,
Thy valiant hills and woods and eager brooks,
Thy thousand-petalled hopes?
The sky forbids thee sorrow, April!
And yet --
I see thee walking listlessly
Across those scars that once were joyous sod,
Those stepping-stones from life to life.
Death is an interruption between two heart-beats,
That I know --
Yet know not how I know --
But April mourns,
Trailing her tender green,
The passion of her green,
Across the passion of those fearful fields.
Yes, all the fields!
No barrier here,
No challenge in the night,
She passes with her perfect countersign,
She wanders in her mournful garden,
Dropping her buds like tears,
Spreading her lovely grief upon the graves of man.
Comments about April On The Battlefields by Leonora Speyer
New Green Poems
- For Snow White Green, Elius Rubby
- Jealousy, Frankie Wills
- Glenside, Stevi Lee Alver
- Green Is The Color, Robert Lynnn
- Ph: Stanford: Softly Off-Colored Poem #1, Brian Johnston
- Cooked Green Beans With Boilled Rice Plu.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Upon The Mighty Raging Sea - The Starman, Saparonia Kathleen Holliday
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- The Green Flash, Morgan Michaels
- Hinged Double Sonnet For The Luna Moths, Sean Nevin
- carpe diem