Poem about greed. You can read the best greed poems. Browse through all greed poems.
Four letters that form such a simple sound
But one that can capture, induce and hold you bound
It is truly one seed of that called the evil one
As tho to remove from your mind our earthly sun.
Its existence breeds loneliness, pain and greed
To be destroyed only by love and the good deed
Some have used fear on an equal basis with love
To believe in a fearful God that would send the dove.
Others to use for human mental pain
To shackle the mind and body; time and time again
The perpetrators of fear who sow its seeds
Not out of righteousness but more for evil deeds.
It has been freely used in the structures of man
To induce or capture and make us understand
Fear itself is never displayed or open to view
It hides in its own darkness without a hue.
Never to stand in the light of the sun
Nor ever to be victorious or stand as one
Power is where you feed and make others act
To punish and control and that is a fact.
The destruction of humanity is your primary goal
You who are the carrier of loneliness and without soul
Your incapable of sustaining your own greed
So you use others to plant your seed.
Pehaps at one time you were a great star
But because of your greed a black hole you are
Never to reflect yourself because you lack light
A symbol of ugliness rather than might.
Humanity continues to struggle for its existence
Despite your attempts for influence and resistance
Tho your victories have been many and cruel
Over humanity you shall never rule.
As we have perished many times in the past
Your victories were short lived and never did last
So fear tho you may continue because of greed
You shall perish by eating your very own seed.
10-19-05 Aho Speaks read more »
338.What would Amos say?
The rural prophet was greeted with cheers when he began his discourse thus:
“This is what Justice demands:
For three acts of treachery, even four, the Banks will face outrage read more »
339.Last One Standing*
Above a bottomless void.
You just want it all,
But you’ve forgotten that I’m still here! read more »
340.2010 - A Year for Peace & Goodwill
A new year dawns as many before,
will 2010 bring what we ask for?
A peaceful future that all can share
with the wealthy showing that they care? read more »
341.On The Origins of the Money, the Market and Slaves
Four boarders, languages, clans of colour and an old age of metals
Bare landscapes, rare travels, ancestry, raw sleeves and petals
The natives: The slaves, then the market and the money
The inventions, alchemy, the art a sweet harmony! read more »
Knifes, guns, war
what ever happened to
peace, love, kindness
is the way it should be read more »
343.The Eyes of Greed
We moved ahead, one thing on our mind,
Though I was sure we were unalike,
Although our goal remained the same,
I saw us as two, as seperate as can be, read more »
344.the rumour spread thus
The rumour spread that he is dead
the talks were excited with passionate greed
anxious souls rushed to the site read more »
345.Mistaken for love
Her tears flow,
Down they roll,
Never to stop,
The man she loves, read more »
346.Love Trumps Loneliness
The power of sex has taken away the power of love.
This is clearly a piece of evidence that supports
how we are living in a world of sin.
Lust is sexual greed after all and read more »
347.Quit Greed At Top-Speed
When greed takes the upper hand
It equals flooding severely the land
More and more of watering is foolish
As grain will never thrive like fish read more »
348.Man in the Street
A man sitting under the shadow of an old banyan tree,
Selling a pan of fruits on a quiet garden street,
Simple straight life content in his look,
For what in the day earning, will possibly serve his family needs. read more »
New Greed Poems
- Compensation, Mahendiran v..
- Greed is Useless, Melikhaya Zagagana
- A Tall Throat, Tony Adah
- With greed, hasmukh amathalal
- Greed Breeds Greed, Aftab Alam
- In The Swirl Of Greed, Amitava Sur
- My Countrymen., Tony Adah
- Greed is a Deadly Vice, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Greed, Akhtar Jawad
- Greed, Neela Nath
- Desist From Greed., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let me not to the land of bills, Saheb Mohapatra
- The Seed, Katherine Perry
- Greed, Somanathan Iyer
- Is this what We asked for?, Somanathan Iyer
- greed and selflessness, Nikhil Parekh
- feeding the dog, paul bamberger
- AN ODE TO GREED, MATLOOB BUKHARI
- Greed Or Fame Isn't Everything, Toshie Nohara
- Greed, yvonne campbell
- The murder most foul, Aniruddha Pathak
- What If We Are Not Ready?, Margaret Moran
- Haiku...Devil’s Disciple...Greed, Ken e Hall
- Greed Promotes The Rage, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Greed, Gladys Brown Prince
- Haiku 16, David Wood
- We Must Feed Our Compassion, Amanda Shelton
- Persona, loren eddy
- Greed Is..., Ladon Trueston
- Scream, colinb bradley
- Greed, Babatunde Aremu
- God don't give me greed, Asif Andalib
- Envy, Asif Andalib
- Hope and Greed, Asif Andalib
- Ivy Leaguers Who Cheat, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Evil Enron Implodes, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Greed (Haiku), ALEX JONES (aka SUHANOV)
- Alive, M.L. Speirs
- Green Is The Colour, shane lewicki
- The Need And The Greed, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Greed, Winston Harding
- Defy Greed, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- War, Arianna Star
- Greed, GIDEON BORE
- Purpose of greed, Jayson Shakya
- In Arrogance, Mark R Slaughter
- greed, koneko 4 life
- Greed and fear. I, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- what made the success of the swindler?, RIC S. BASTASA
- think for things, venkatesh ram
- Enemy, john mcleish
- GREED IS THE BIGGEST THREAT TO OUR CIVIL.., Sam Arjomandi
- leave behind, mariah DM
- Greed Counts Currency, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- The Transitional Blight, prashant shaurya
- Wallow in the Greed, Mark R Slaughter
- Ink In Blood, sarah frank
- CYCLICAL, Rajkumar Mukherjee
- Infamous, Alex Lewis
- Beget, Regret, Disloyal Sway..., Michael Gale
- Senryu - A few, Sandra Martyres
- A Simple Warning, Krazy Rae
- Greed Is Out, Hebert Logerie
- Oblivious, monk frost
- This is stupid,, Abdul Karim
- 'Greed', Martin Gonzalez
- Greed, Eddie Roa
- Greed, Max Kuvaev
- Greed, Dang Xiong
- GREED, Green Peace
- tomorrows world, jan oskar hansen
- Greed, Flamora Clevare
- Greeds, Ershad Mazumder
- When Greed Outstrips Needs, Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu
- carpe diem