Golf Poems - Poems For Golf
Poems about golf. You can read the best golf poems. Browse through all golf poems.
The Golf Cart - Poem by Jim Yerman
Our city is golf cart friendly and now that we’re retired we thought, “Hey”
There’s a green way to get around and I can take it to work each day.”
So we drove to the golf cart showroom thinking, ‘How expensive can they be? ’
They’re small, their light, there’s no gas engine, heck, they run on batteries.
Apparently golf carts have come a long way since our younger days of yore.
Yes, the golf carts of today aren’t just for golfing anymore.
They now have off-road tires, windshields and come in colors that delight
They’re even equipped with headlights for when you drive at night.
The price tags start at four thousand dollars which made my heart go bump
After all, it’s still only a golf cart. Who am I? Donald Trump.
For five thousand you can get flames on the sides and a top speed they call CRUISE.
For five thousand dollars it better come with a chauffeur! Who am I? Howard Hughes.
As Deborah and I saw our golf cart dream die and were dejectedly walking away
The manager yelled, “Hey I can give you a deal on one that was traded in today.”
He took us to an old white golf cart that was manufactured in 1997
It was a little weathered and beat up but to us it looked like heaven.
Heaven is a good description as this cart never saw one golfer’s shot
It was used by a funeral home to show off their cemetery plots.
In fact if you look close enough...and you really don’t have far to hunt
The remnants of the funeral home name rest in shadows on the front.
But we fell in love with that old cart even with her scratches and her scars
We bought her immediately and are proud to say that old golf cart is ours.
We strung prayer flags across her back and on her top painted stripes of green
With her blue hubcaps and ceiling to match she’s one fine looking machine.
We can imagine ourselves riding around to our neighbors envy and acclaim
Once we get a peace sign painted to cover the funeral home name.
Yes, we relate well to our old golf cart, after all we are both a little past our prime
But as long as our batteries keep working we should last a long, long time.
Comments about The Golf Cart by Jim Yerman
Poems About Golf
- 1. The Golf Cart , Jim Yerman
- 2. Healthy Back Bag , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 3. Sports Fan , Ron Tranmer
- 4. Confessions Before The 'I Do' , Ronald Doku
- 5. Girlscout , Oscar Rodriguez
- 6. Handles Bermuda , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 7. Avenues America , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 8. It's A Piece Of Cake, Short Story , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 9. Being A Husband/Boyfriend/Man , Jasjiv Singh
- 10. Music , Rcd Bck
- 11. Fitration Bags , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 12. Luggage Canada , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 13. Travel Haiku - Las Vegas Bali Hai , john tiong chunghoo
- 14. The Ronald And The Pyramid Scheme , Donal Mahoney
- 15. Yips , gershon hepner
- 16. Lpga (Is Racism On The Ladies Pro Tour?) , Luke Easter
- 17. The Golf Writer (To Kevin) , Francis Duggan
- 18. For One His Age He's Not Learnt Much , Francis Duggan
- 19. 041110f Green Belongs To Lefty , Manonton Dalan
- 20. Youth At Risk , Ima Ryma
- 21. No Alternative , Edward Kofi Louis
- 22. Baseball, Football, Fishing & Golf , Tom Zart
- 23. Woody Putts: A Bouquet , Aniruddha Pathak
- 24. 043010b Beautiful Patch Of Land , Manonton Dalan
- 25. Baseball, Football & Golf , Tom Zart
- 26. You'Re Up Chuck , Ima Ryma
- 27. By The River , Francis Duggan
- 28. Broken Dreams , Joseph T. Renaldi
- 29. Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Nilai (Stat.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 30. Butterfly , O Anna Niemus
- 31. Osborne , Edward Kofi Louis
- 32. Lenexa Baptist Church Poet Tom Zart's = .. , Tom Zart
- 33. Your Golf Playing Postmaster Father Was .. , Gert Strydom
- 34. Baseball, Football, Boxing, Fishing, Gol.. , Tom Zart
- 35. Golf Socks , Kim Barney
- 36. Man's World Of Sports , Tom Zart
- 37. Refuse To Be Inoculated , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 38. Footling , Edward Kofi Louis
- 39. Tiger Woods & The Lynching Noose , Luke Easter
- 40. Valley Views And Skews......Mamallama Bl.. , delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- 41. Travel Haiku - Lake Of The Ozarks State .. , john tiong chunghoo
- 42. Pga & Nfl No Tax? That’s A Fact? , Luke Easter
- 43. Paradise Gained , Herbert Nehrlich
- 44. The Woman Who Loves Poesy , Francis Duggan
- 45. In Kilsyth , Francis Duggan
- 46. Dog Years , Herbert Nehrlich
- 47. The Ex Government Minister. , Francis Duggan
- 48. In Castlemaine , Francis Duggan
- 49. For Whom The Toll Booth Tolls , Ted Sheridan
- 50. Danny's Option , Liilia Talts Morrison
New Golf Poems
- The Ronald And The Pyramid Scheme, Donal Mahoney
- Baseball, Football & Golf, Tom Zart
- Golfer Gus, Ima Ryma
- Is There Golf Course In Heaven, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fore! ..... [golf; Sporting Accidents; .., Bri Edwards
- The Golf Cart, Jim Yerman
- No Alternative, Edward Kofi Louis
- Woody Putts: A Bouquet, Aniruddha Pathak
- Golf Being Played, Clarence Williams
- A Nice View, oskar hansen
- carpe diem