Funeral Poems - Poems For Funeral
Poems about funeral. You can read the best funeral poems. Browse through all funeral poems.
Two Funerals In One Day - Poem by Donal Mahoney
The alarm clock screams at 5 a.m.
and I get up to attend a funeral
50 miles away, a long drive back
to a corner of Chicago once rife
with corned beef and cabbage but
redolent today with salsa and tequila.
I head for the bathroom to shower
and brush my teeth but when
I turn the light on, I see a long
mahogany bug, species unknown,
glistening and motionless
on the cap of my toothpaste.
As a former caseworker in the projects
and someone with a gardener for a wife,
I have seen a variety of bugs, urban
and agrarian, and if they behave,
I normally don't bother them,
except for mosquitoes
that land and happen to like me.
So I tell this bug on the toothpaste cap
that I have a funeral to attend today
and it's 50 miles away so please,
be a good bug and move on.
Of course he doesn't move.
Instead, he twirls his antennae
and rubs his pincers together.
Finally, he says somberly
'Can you get this cap off?
I've been trying all night.
I hear this stuff tastes good.'
As I would do later that day
for my old friend at his funeral,
I say a prayer for the bug
and send him on his way,
a burial at sea, if you will,
down, down, down he goes
to the hymn of a flushing toilet.
I can still hear his last words:
'My wife had octuplets.
They're under your bathtub.
Tell them I said good-bye.
And have a nice day! '
Comments about Two Funerals In One Day by Donal Mahoney
Poems About Funeral
- 1. Two Funerals In One Day , Donal Mahoney
- 2. Interment , oskar hansen
- 3. Coming Home At Midnight To The Farm , Donal Mahoney
- 4. Life And Death At St. Pancratius , Donal Mahoney
- 5. At The Funeral Of Sean Fay , Francis Duggan
- 6. ! D E A T H , Michael Shepherd
- 7. Freedom Of The Flame , Jim Milks
- 8. Gratitude For Future , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 9. At Our Funeral , Bob Gotti
- 10. Phobia , Patti Masterman
- 11. Rural Princess , Donal Mahoney
- 12. Armies Of Ghosts , Naveed Akram
- 13. Snow And Tears! , Edward Kofi Louis
- 14. Funerals , Naveed Akram
- 15. Living In Death And Death Lives In Me , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 16. We Are , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 17. Mcgillicuddy's Wake , Donal Mahoney
- 18. Finally Hope Fades Away , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 19. Arms And The Dress , gershon hepner
- 20. The Little Black Cormorant , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 21. From Creation To Extravagance , Naveed Akram
- 22. Blessing , RIC S. BASTASA
- 23. A Vision Of A Future Life , Francis Duggan
- 24. The Grand Funeral , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 25. Tales Of A Wayside Inn : Part 1. The The.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 26. Tales Of A Wayside Inn : Part 1. The The.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 27. ***with Whom And Why (Post Post Modern P.. , Sadiqullah Khan
- 28. The Mother Sparrow Grieves Upon The Unti.. , RIC S. BASTASA
- 29. A Death In The Opposite House! , nimal dunuhinga
- 30. The Voyeuristic , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 31. No Feedback , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 32. Doomed Padre , oskar hansen
- 33. Love Unrequested , oskar hansen
- 34. An Agonised Prayer , Satish Verma
- 35. Poets Set Their Hearts On Fire , Patti Masterman
- 36. That Funeral Procession , Aldo Kraas
- 37. I Still Couldnt Cry , Micron
- 38. There Must Be More To Us , Francis Duggan
- 39. Around Here. , Dónall Dempsey
- 40. Mourning Thoughts , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 41. The Prescient Vest , David Lewis Paget
- 42. Not There To Indict , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 43. On The Astrologers (From The Greek) , William Cowper
- 44. As They Mourn My Death , BurningDesire PhekoMotaung
- 45. Funeral , Nassy Fesharaki
- 46. Shards Of Memories , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 47. All Our Days Are Pretty And Lovely , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 48. A Junkie’s Mother Goes Walking Into Dark.. , sheena blackhall
- 49. Final Conspiracy , James B. Earley
- 50. The Voice In The Upstairs Room , David Lewis Paget
New Funeral Poems
- Onward Into The Darkness, Anthony Daniels
- Rest My Body In The Know Of Mine, Mpho Wordsworth Leteng
- Finally Hope Fades Away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Master, Aftab Alam
- When I Think About Death, Cassie Kinney
- A Coffin, But Where Is The Dead Person?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No Pockets On My Clothes(Final Copy), alexander opicho
- No Poeckets On My Clothes, alexander opicho
- Funeral Of A Friend, Randy McClave
- Two Funerals In One Day, Donal Mahoney
- carpe diem