Funeral Poems - Poems For Funeral
Poems about funeral. You can read the best funeral poems. Browse through all funeral poems.
Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad. read more »
26.What Came to Me
I took the last
dusty piece of china
out of the barrel.
It was your gravy boat, read more »
27.Before and Every After
Eventually one dreams the real thing.
The cave as it was, what we paid to straddle
one skinny box-turned-seat down the middle, narrow boat read more »
28.And Death Shall Have No Dominion
And death shall have no dominion.
Dead man naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone, read more »
29.Dirge Without Music
I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground.
So it is, and so it will be, for so it has been, time out of mind:
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely. Crowned
With lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned. read more »
30.I heard a fly buzz when I died;
I heard a fly buzz when I died;
The stillness round my form
Was like the stillness in the air
Between the heaves of storm. read more »
31.Go Down, Death
Weep not, weep not,
She is not dead;
She's resting in the bosom of Jesus.
Heart-broken husband--weep no more; read more »
32.So We'll Go No More a-Roving
So we'll go no more a-roving
So late into the night,
Though the heart still be as loving,
And the moon still be as bright. read more »
33.Epitaph on William Muir
AN HONEST man here lies at rest
As e'er God with his image blest;
The friend of man, the friend of truth, read more »
34.Because I Have Loved Life
Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die.
I have sent up my gladness on wings, to be lost in the blue of the sky.
I have run and leaped with the rain, I have taken the wind to my breast.
My cheek like a drowsy child to the face of the earth I have pressed. read more »
35.Driven Across Many Nations
Driven across many nations, across many oceans,
I am here, my brother, for this final parting,
to offer at last those gifts which the dead are given
and to speak in vain to your unspeaking ashes, read more »
36.The Earth Opens and Welcomes You
The earth opens
and welcomes you read more »
New Funeral Poems
- You're Not Allowed To Attend My Funeral, TheSilent Loudness
- Rest My Body In The Know Of Mine, Mpho Wordsworth Leteng
- Pall Bearers Hedgehogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Old Verses, Radclyffe Hall
- IF I DIE YOUNG, Master Mabunda
- His Alone, Marites C. Cayetano
- Funeral Of A Friend, Randy McClave
- O My Fate, Aftab Alam
- Oh For The Forte Of The Notes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Hedgehog's Funeral, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The funeral is done, Emmanuel George Cefai
- No, Emeyazia Iwe Chukwudi
- Offered On A Corpse, Sangnam Nam
- The humanist funeral, Peter Hall
- Freedom's Memorial, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- What Will Stay Forever?, Alfred Hans Bbrandis
- Two Invitations, praneeth remidi
- the story of the mad man, RIC S. BASTASA
- Let Me Embrace Lonely Distance, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- My Funeral Pen, Lyn Paul
- Never Mourn At My Funeral, Adesitimi Taiwo Damilola
- funeral bells, Ailish Canning
- Funerals Are For The Living, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Bedside Viduals For Who?, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Epitaph, Saiom Shriver
- Death Of The World, Dave Alan Walker
- Funerals, Marites C. Cayetano
- Funerals Are For The Living, Syed Ahmed Shah
- Their uses, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- profits choice, Ken Moore
- Futile Funeral, Jessica Stubbs
- Light, Muhammad Shanazar
- Change, Fae Sebastian
- I had a thought on your funeral..., Anshul Gupta
- Senryu-44, Dr John Celes
- After the Funeral, Shalom Freedman
- Gratitude For Future, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Funerals are a Festival, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- How important a woman is!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Happiness-Sadness Diamante, Philip Doolittle
- the mother sparrow grieves upon the unti.., RIC S. BASTASA
- The Slanders!, sundaram chandrakalaadhar
- Fear's Funeral, tony haynes
- A Prayer for Dad (memorial day memorial .., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Until We Again Rendezvous, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Armies Of Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- My window frames, Tentative Poet
- THAT LONELY FUNERAL, Aldo Kraas
- notification of the death of alberto, RIC S. BASTASA
- I Was Always Beaten, Patti Masterman
- My Funeral, Aftab Bashir
- THEY CRIED AT HER FUNERAL, Aldo Kraas
- THAT FUNERAL PROCESSION, Aldo Kraas
- at the funeral they cried, charlotte marie peachey
- Epilogue 14, Ahmad Shiddiqi
- Funeral Pyre, john mcleish
- loneliness, in two simple shapes, RIC S. BASTASA
- SOMEONE HERE KNOWS YOU, Aldo Kraas
- A Problem With Living Too Long, Lone Dog
- HIS FUNERAL SONG, Aldo Kraas
- Life and Death, Alex Lewis
- IT HURTS ME SO MUCH TO THINK, Aldo Kraas
- A funeral Procession, john tiong chunghoo
- A Song For My Funeral, Suchoon Mo_
- Funeral Train, Judd David
- The Lord of Stripes, Jeffrey McCambridge
- The Funeral Bell, Francis Duggan
- ### Unsettled, Frank Lisa IndiRa Francesca ..
- Funeral Of John F Kennedy, O Anna Niemus
- Funeral Weather, Narcissus Starlight
- my father's blessing, RIC S. BASTASA
- Blessing, RIC S. BASTASA
- Don't cry at your Funeral, Roger Naya
- *Funeral Song*, Alien Girl
- carpe diem