Funeral Poems - Poems For Funeral
Poems about funeral. You can read the best funeral poems. Browse through all funeral poems.
13.The Emperor Of Ice-Cream
Call the roller of big cigars,
The muscular one, and bid him whip
In kitchen cups concupiscent curds.
Let the wenches dawdle in such dress
As they are used to wear, and let the boys
Bring flowers in last month's newspapers.
Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.
Take from the dresser of deal.
Lacking the three glass knobs, that sheet
On which she embroidered fantails once
And spread it so as to cover her face.
If her horny feet protrude, they come
To show how cold she is, and dumb.
Let the lamp affix its beam.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream. read more »
14.Because I could not stop for Death (712)
Because I could not stop for Death--
He kindly stopped for me--
The Carriage held but just Ourselves--
And Immortality. read more »
15.Ode On Intimations Of Immortality From Recollections of Early Childhood
There was a time when meadow, grove, and stream,
The earth, and every common sight,
To me did seem
Apparelled in celestial light,
The glory and the freshness of a dream. read more »
Farewell to thee! but not farewell
To all my fondest thoughts of thee:
Within my heart they still shall dwell;
And they shall cheer and comfort me. read more »
17.The Wild Iris
At the end of my suffering
there was a door.
Hear me out: that which you call death read more »
To allow silence
To admit it in us
Just past read more »
Body my house
my horse my hound
what will I do
when you are fallen read more »
I cannot say, and I will not say
That he is dead- . He is just away!
With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand read more »
21.Fugue of Death
Black milk of daybreak we drink it at nightfall
we drink it at noon in the morning we drink it at night
we drink it and drink it
we are digging a grave in the sky it is ample to lie there read more »
22.This Is What Was Bequeathed Us
This is what was bequeathed us:
This earth the beloved left
Left to us. read more »
23.By Ways Remote and Distant Waters Sped
By ways remote and distant waters sped,
Brother, to thy sad grave-side am I come,
That I may give the last gifts to the dead,
And vainly parley with thine ashes dumb read more »
24.Death is Nothing at All
Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, read more »
New Funeral Poems
- You're Not Allowed To Attend My Funeral, TheSilent Loudness
- Rest My Body In The Know Of Mine, Mpho Wordsworth Leteng
- Pall Bearers Hedgehogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Old Verses, Radclyffe Hall
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- IF I DIE YOUNG, Master Mabunda
- His Alone, Marites C. Cayetano
- Funeral Of A Friend, Randy McClave
- Oh For The Forte Of The Notes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Hedgehog's Funeral, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The funeral is done, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Offered On A Corpse, Sangnam Nam
- The humanist funeral, Peter Hall
- Freedom's Memorial, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Two Invitations, praneeth remidi
- Let Me Embrace Lonely Distance, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- My Funeral Pen, Lyn Paul
- Never Mourn At My Funeral, Adesitimi Taiwo Damilola
- funeral bells, Ailish Canning
- Funerals Are For The Living, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Bedside Viduals For Who?, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Epitaph, Saiom Shriver
- Death Of The World, Dave Alan Walker
- Funerals, Marites C. Cayetano
- Funerals Are For The Living, Syed Ahmed Shah
- Their uses, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- profits choice, Ken Moore
- Day and Age, Kaio Clark
- Futile Funeral, Jessica Stubbs
- Light, Muhammad Shanazar
- Change, Fae Sebastian
- I had a thought on your funeral..., Anshul Gupta
- Senryu-44, Dr John Celes
- After the Funeral, Shalom Freedman
- Gratitude For Future, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Funerals are a Festival, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- How important a woman is!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Happiness-Sadness Diamante, Philip Doolittle
- the mother sparrow grieves upon the unti.., RIC S. BASTASA
- The Slanders!, sundaram chandrakalaadhar
- Fear's Funeral, tony haynes
- A Prayer for Dad (memorial day memorial .., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Until We Again Rendezvous, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Armies Of Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- My window frames, Tentative Poet
- THAT LONELY FUNERAL, Aldo Kraas
- notification of the death of alberto, RIC S. BASTASA
- I Was Always Beaten, Patti Masterman
- WORLD DESTRUCTION, DICKSON MSETI
- My Funeral, Aftab Bashir
- THEY CRIED AT HER FUNERAL, Aldo Kraas
- THAT FUNERAL PROCESSION, Aldo Kraas
- at the funeral they cried, charlotte marie peachey
- Epilogue 14, Ahmad Shiddiqi
- Funeral Pyre, john mcleish
- loneliness, in two simple shapes, RIC S. BASTASA
- SOMEONE HERE KNOWS YOU, Aldo Kraas
- A Problem With Living Too Long, Lone Dog
- HIS FUNERAL SONG, Aldo Kraas
- Life and Death, Alex Lewis
- IT HURTS ME SO MUCH TO THINK, Aldo Kraas
- A funeral Procession, john tiong chunghoo
- A Song For My Funeral, Suchoon Mo_
- Funeral Train, Judd David
- The Lord of Stripes, Jeffrey McCambridge
- The Funeral Bell, Francis Duggan
- ### Unsettled, Frank Lisa IndiRa Francesca ..
- Funeral Of John F Kennedy, O Anna Niemus
- Funeral Weather, Narcissus Starlight
- my father's blessing, RIC S. BASTASA
- Blessing, RIC S. BASTASA
- Don't cry at your Funeral, Roger Naya
- *Funeral Song*, Alien Girl
- funerals, kayla garett
- carpe diem