Funeral Poems - Poems For Funeral
Poems about funeral. You can read the best funeral poems. Browse through all funeral poems.
1.O Captain! My Captain!
O CAPTAIN! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.
O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up--for you the flag is flung--for you the bugle trills; 10
For you bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths--for you the shores a-crowding;
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head;
It is some dream that on the deck,
You've fallen cold and dead.
My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
The ship is anchor'd safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
From fearful trip, the victor ship, comes in with object won; 20
Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead. read more »
2.Age And Death
Come closer, kind, white, long-familiar friend,
Embrace me, fold me to thy broad, soft breast.
Life has grown strange and cold, but thou dost bend read more »
3.If I should die
If I should die,
And you should live— read more »
4.When I am dead, my dearest
When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree: read more »
5.Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow. read more »
6.Night Funeral in Harlem
Where did they get read more »
Though he, that ever kind and true,
Kept stoutly step by step with you,
Your whole long, gusty lifetime through,
Be gone a while before, read more »
8.In Flanders Field
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly read more »
9.Sonnet 71: No longer mourn for me when I am dead
No longer mourn for me when I am dead
Than you shall hear the surly sullen bell
Give warning to the world that I am fled
From this vile world with vilest worms to dwell. read more »
10.For the Union Dead
The old South Boston Aquarium stands
in a Sahara of snow now. Its broken windows are boarded.
The bronze weathervane cod has lost half its scales.
The airy tanks are dry. read more »
11.A Refusal to Mourn the Death, by Fire, of a Child in London
Never until the mankind making
Bird beast and flower
Fathering and all humbling darkness
Tells with silence the last light breaking read more »
Then Almitra spoke, saying, 'We would ask now of Death.'
And he said:
You would know the secret of death. read more »
New Funeral Poems
- You're Not Allowed To Attend My Funeral, TheSilent Loudness
- Rest My Body In The Know Of Mine, Mpho Wordsworth Leteng
- Pall Bearers Hedgehogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Old Verses, Radclyffe Hall
- IF I DIE YOUNG, Master Mabunda
- His Alone, Marites C. Cayetano
- Funeral Of A Friend, Randy McClave
- O My Fate, Aftab Alam
- Oh For The Forte Of The Notes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Hedgehog's Funeral, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The funeral is done, Emmanuel George Cefai
- No, Emeyazia Iwe Chukwudi
- Offered On A Corpse, Sangnam Nam
- The humanist funeral, Peter Hall
- Freedom's Memorial, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- What Will Stay Forever?, Alfred Hans Bbrandis
- Two Invitations, praneeth remidi
- the story of the mad man, RIC S. BASTASA
- Let Me Embrace Lonely Distance, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- My Funeral Pen, Lyn Paul
- Never Mourn At My Funeral, Adesitimi Taiwo Damilola
- funeral bells, Ailish Canning
- Funerals Are For The Living, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Bedside Viduals For Who?, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Epitaph, Saiom Shriver
- Death Of The World, Dave Alan Walker
- Funerals, Marites C. Cayetano
- Funerals Are For The Living, Syed Ahmed Shah
- Their uses, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- profits choice, Ken Moore
- Futile Funeral, Jessica Stubbs
- Light, Muhammad Shanazar
- Change, Fae Sebastian
- I had a thought on your funeral..., Anshul Gupta
- Senryu-44, Dr John Celes
- After the Funeral, Shalom Freedman
- Gratitude For Future, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Funerals are a Festival, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- How important a woman is!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Happiness-Sadness Diamante, Philip Doolittle
- the mother sparrow grieves upon the unti.., RIC S. BASTASA
- The Slanders!, sundaram chandrakalaadhar
- Fear's Funeral, tony haynes
- A Prayer for Dad (memorial day memorial .., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Until We Again Rendezvous, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Armies Of Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- My window frames, Tentative Poet
- THAT LONELY FUNERAL, Aldo Kraas
- notification of the death of alberto, RIC S. BASTASA
- I Was Always Beaten, Patti Masterman
- My Funeral, Aftab Bashir
- THEY CRIED AT HER FUNERAL, Aldo Kraas
- THAT FUNERAL PROCESSION, Aldo Kraas
- at the funeral they cried, charlotte marie peachey
- Epilogue 14, Ahmad Shiddiqi
- Funeral Pyre, john mcleish
- loneliness, in two simple shapes, RIC S. BASTASA
- SOMEONE HERE KNOWS YOU, Aldo Kraas
- A Problem With Living Too Long, Lone Dog
- HIS FUNERAL SONG, Aldo Kraas
- Life and Death, Alex Lewis
- IT HURTS ME SO MUCH TO THINK, Aldo Kraas
- A funeral Procession, john tiong chunghoo
- A Song For My Funeral, Suchoon Mo_
- Funeral Train, Judd David
- The Lord of Stripes, Jeffrey McCambridge
- The Funeral Bell, Francis Duggan
- ### Unsettled, Frank Lisa IndiRa Francesca ..
- Funeral Of John F Kennedy, O Anna Niemus
- Funeral Weather, Narcissus Starlight
- my father's blessing, RIC S. BASTASA
- Blessing, RIC S. BASTASA
- Don't cry at your Funeral, Roger Naya
- *Funeral Song*, Alien Girl
- carpe diem