Food Poems - Poems For Food
Poems about food. You can read the best food poems. Browse through all food poems.
Fish Food - Poem by John Wheelwright
you drank deep as Thor, did you think of milk or wine?
Did you drink blood, while you drank the salt deep?
Or see through the film of light, that sharpened your rage with
a shark, dolphin, turtle ? Did you not see the Cat
who, when Thor lifted her, unbased the cubic ground?
You would drain fathomless flagons to be slaked with vacuum
The sea's teats have suckled you, and you are sunk far
in bubble-dreams, under swaying translucent vines
of thundering interior wonder. Eagles can never now
carry parts of your body, over cupped mountains
as emblems of their anger, embers to fire self-hate
to other wonders, unfolding white flaming vistas.
Fishes now look upon you, with eyes which do not gossip.
Fishes are never shocked. Fishes will kiss you, each
fish tweak you; every kiss takes bits of you away,
till your bones alone will roll, with the Gulf Stream's swell.
So has it been already, so have the carpers and puffers
nibbled your carcass of fame, each to his liking. Now
in tides of noon, the bones of your thought-suspended structures
gleam as you intended. Noon pulled your eyes with small
magnetic headaches; the will seeped from your blood. Seeds
of meaning popped from the pods of thought. And you fall. And
churn of Time changes the pearl-hued ocean;
like a pearl-shaped drop, in a huge water-clock
falling; from came to go, from come to went. And you fell.
Waters received you. Waters of our Birth in Death dissolve you.
Now you have willed it, may the Great Wash take you.
As the Mother-Lover takes your woe away, and cleansing
grief and you away, you sleep, you do not snore.
Lie still. Your rage is gone on a bright flood
away; as, when a bad friend held out his hand
you said, 'Do not talk any more. I know you meant no harm.'
What was the soil whence your anger sprang, who are deaf
as the stones to the whispering flight of the Mississippi's rivers?
What did you see as you fell? What did you hear as you sank?
Did it make you drunken with hearing?
I will not ask any more. You saw or heard no evil.
Comments about Fish Food by John Wheelwright
Poems About Food
- 51. Fish Food , John Wheelwright
- 52. Let Great Men's Children Get Food , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 53. Food , brandi reissig
- 54. Food - My Birth Right , gajanan mishra
- 55. School's Food , yang zheng
- 56. Food For Thought... , Dee Daffodil
- 57. Food Is God , Otteri Selvakumar
- 58. Old Yogurt...... [food; Humor; Me; Cousi.. , Bri Edwards
- 59. Food And Food , gajanan mishra
- 60. Some Food , Otteri Selvakumar
- 61. Keep Your Food Refrigerated , Elliott Harper
- 62. A Food Lover , Audrey Heller
- 63. Food For Thought , ivor or ivor.e hogg
- 64. No Food , Hasmukh Amathalal
- 65. Fish-Food , Smoky Hoss
- 66. Baby Food , S.D. TIWARI
- 67. I Want Some Food , gajanan mishra
- 68. Food To Eternity , Constantinos Grigoriadis
- 69. Time Machine Food , Joe Rosochacki
- 70. Give Me Some Food , gajanan mishra
- 71. Food In The Mouth , Naveed Akram
- 72. Don'T Waste Food , Sunny Mittal
- 73. Everything Depends On Food , gajanan mishra
- 74. I Need Some Food , gajanan mishra
- 75. The Food Chain , Richard George
- 76. Food For Thought , David Taylor
- 77. Hailstone Food , LLM Mbatha
- 78. Food For The Gods , Ted Sheridan
- 79. Love Is The Food Of The Heart , Saiom Shriver
- 80. Peanut Butter: My Old Friend.....[person.. , Bri Edwards
- 81. Homage To The Turkey......[humor; Holid.. , Bri Edwards
- 82. Become Food! , Eric Cockrell
- 83. Delicious Food , Naveed Akram
- 84. .3. A Food Junkie , David Threadgold
- 85. Holiday Diets -- Not! ! ! .........[over.. , Bri Edwards
- 86. Sonnet: On Wasted Food , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 87. Food Clothing And Shelter , gajanan mishra
- 88. Don'T Waste The Food.. , Veeraiyah Subbulakshmi
- 89. Food Bill , gajanan mishra
- 90. Returning Food , Randy Johnson
- 91. A Food Fight Served Messy! , Sydne Morris
- 92. My Favourite Food , Angela Wybrow
- 93. Source Of Food , gajanan mishra
- 94. He Ate Dog Food , Randy Johnson
- 95. I Love Food , Carl Antoni Mallillin
- 96. Food For The Body , Naveed Akram
- 97. To Seek Food , Naveed Akram
- 98. Visit Malaysia Year - Newton Food Court .. , john tiong chunghoo
- 99. Food Is In This World , Naveed Akram
- 100. Food In Oslo , Oskar Hansen
New Food Poems
- Hunters For The Hungry, Donal Mahoney
- Tirukkural Chapter 95 - Couplets 4,5,6, Rajaram Ramachandran
- Life = Death - Volume 3 - Poems On Life,.., Nikhil Parekh
- You Die; I Die - Love Poems - Part 5, Nikhil Parekh
- Monoku- - -224 (Money- 5), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- -188 ( Lustre Shedding), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- -187 (Food Is The Seed), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- -186 (Food-Habit), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- -185 (A Greedy Man), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- -184 (Food Of Time ), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- carpe diem