Poem about fishing. You can read the best fishing poems. Browse through all fishing poems.
I envied my wife her nightly visions.
She'd lay each one proudly on the bed
like a plump, iridescent fish,
and ask me to identify it.
Some nights I'd even manage to trap
my own by concentrating hard,
submerging the net into blue-black waters.
I'd place my catch on the rippling sheet.
So we'd have our own two fish, almost
indecent, nuzzling each other's mouths,
soul-fish, awkward in our hands,
hungry, as if our lives were a host
of crumbs to gulp in greedily.
They'd beat their tails very fast
until we could only see the one dream
moving between us, or feel stirring
one enormous fish, with our own lives
grieving, joyful, growing in its belly. read more »
SHAKESPEAREAN fish swam the sea, far away from land;
Romantic fish swam in nets coming to the hand;
What are all those fish that lie gasping on the strand? read more »
15.A Guide For Boys In Love
You are sitting on the bank of a lake,
Engaged in fishing and smoking with silence,
You are not interested in a particular fish,
Depending entirely on your fate for the day. read more »
16.Caring For a Dead Fish
When the cupboard is bare
And the cat’s had the cream,
Who cares about a dead fish? read more »
17..5. Gone Fishing
Fishermen cast out their nets
We all in turn go fishing
Some will use a rod and line
While others fish by wishing read more »
18.Ch 03 On The Excellence Of Contentment Story 24
A weak fisherman caught a strong fish in his net and not being able to retain it the fish overcame him and pulled the net from his hand.
A boy went to bring water from the torrent.
The torrent came and took the boy away. read more »
19.On The Picture Of Two Dolphins In A Fountayne
These dolphins twisting each on either side
For joy leapt upp, and gazing there abide;
And whereas other waters fish doe bring,
Here from the fishes doe the waters spring, read more »
20.Hook, Line And Sinker
I have always wondered what it means
when someone using oral means
says something so colloquial
that it is understood by all read more »
21.A Whale Of A Poem
As stories go,
A tale was told,
About an old man, read more »
22.Fishing in the Wei River
In waters still as a burnished mirror's face,
In the depths of Wei, carp and grayling swim.
Idly I come with my bamboo fishing-rod
And hang my hook by the banks of Wei stream. read more »
23.Part 7 of Trout Fishing in America
THE PUDDING MASTER OF read more »
Audrey played in the sandbox,
Alone with a red, plastic fish.
Ryan grabbed it to take it away,
Wanting to play with it, too, read more »
New Fishing Poems
- My Uncle Jack, Jim Holmes
- Big Fish, Ikenna Ehiemere
- Cracker Kingfisher, Jayatissa Liyanage
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fish it, gajanan mishra
- Fish Tub, Minnoor srinivasan
- Fishing Nets شباك صيد الاسماك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Death of the Fish, Kevin Quero
- Fishes in a Sea of Love, Rachel Nichols
- Fish in jug of water, gajanan mishra
- REMEMBERING FRIEDRICH WILHELM NIETZSCHE, RIC S. BASTASA
- Camping Time, Fraser MacLean
- Fish Tank, Angela Wybrow
- The Pretty Fishing Rod, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- First Encounter - Mahathir Mohamad, john tiong chunghoo
- Haiku #26, otteri selvakumar
- Live like Fish, gajanan mishra
- Your Heart, ali naghavi
- In Constant Struggle, RIC S. BASTASA
- Marc Greets Things in the Morning, Paul van Ostaijen
- New Democracy, Nyein Way
- 'Cat Fish', Shania K. Younce
- 2011 Global Fish Extinction Crisis, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Tanks For The Memories, Louis Marvin
- Fortune Fish, Eileen Hardy
- I Am A Fish!, Arta Krasniqi
- The Snake And The Fish, Asif Andalib
- My First Fishing Trip, bobby beddoe
- fish swim, Shaun Shane
- Hail Venerated King Of Sushi In Death Th.., Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Benefits of 1995 Fish Trash Policy, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Avoiding Deleted Links In Food Chain, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Preserving Global Fishing Grounds, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Incompetence Sentences Our Seas, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- World’s Fisheries In Deep Crisis, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Asian Cyanide Fishing, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- World Sea Fish Extinction Crisis, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- A Fishy Tale, vanessa hughes
- THY WORLD, Aldo Kraas
- Finn's Favorite Fish (Long Tongue Twister), Rebecca Ryan
- GOLDEN FISH, YoungBen Ulebor
- Fish vs. Humans, Rebecca Bell
- The Trout, Christian Friedrich Daniel S ..
- Fish of a Different Color, Cory Fox
- Steal, Catherine Yen
- Fishing for Christians, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- FISHING, Karnail Singh Heirwale
- ON A ROCKY BEACH, Aldo Kraas
- We Fish, Herman Melville
- 031210 a set and a round, Manonton Dalan
- 031010 food power, Manonton Dalan
- Icthus (JS#5), James Hart
- Is it really like fishing?, ReubenJames Rodriguez
- fishing for a friend, omar ibrahim
- The Fish Year, Dongming Zhou
- The Sea’s Fish, Naveed Akram
- When I remember the fish, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Franklins fishes, vincent armone
- Tiny Rhyme, Mubeen Sadhika
- haiku - 241, Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- Travel Haiku - Floriday Keys Fishing (St.., john tiong chunghoo
- bloodline ***** FISHING ON PALILAN TABO-.., Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- Fish the Fish, Antonio Liao
- 440, RIC S. BASTASA
- 31, RIC S. BASTASA
- Travel Haiku - Fishing in Seychelles, john tiong chunghoo
- Fishes, Sadiqullah Khan
- .5. Gone Fishing, David Threadgold www.david ..
- THE HEAD OF THE FISH, Aldo Kraas
- Sky And Water, Atef Ayadi
- Travel Haiku - Angling at Black Hills (S.., john tiong chunghoo
- Lucky Catch, Zen Bojczuk
- Fish, Destiny Avaritia
- carpe diem