Fishing Poems - Poems For Fishing
Poems about fishing. You can read the best fishing poems. Browse through all fishing poems.
Fish can be bought in the market place,
So it isn't the fish I'm after.
I want to get free from the care-drawn face
And back to an honest laughter,
I want to get out where the skies are clean
And rest by a river's brink,
I want to get out where the woods are green
And I want a few hours to think.
Oh, it isn't the fish I am greedy for,
It's the chatter and song of birds,
And the talk of trees that I've known before.
I am weary of selfish words.
I want to stretch out, just my soul and I,
In a place from the strife afar,
And let a few care-filled hours pass by
As I think of the things that are.
Oh, it isn't the fish that I go to get,
Though there's joy in a swishing line
And a splendid thrill when my grip I set
And a small mouthed bass is mine!
But my soul seems cramped in the stifling air
That is heavy with talk of gain
And I want to get out where the world is fair
And there isn't so much of pain.
Fish can be bought in the market place
But I long for the running streams,
And I want to be free from the care-drawn face
And the city of dreadful dreams.
I want to stretch out, just my soul and I
On a sun-kissed river shore,
And be, as a few mad hours rush by,
The man that I am, once more. read more »
14.Fishing On The Susquehanna In July
I have never been fishing on the Susquehanna
or on any river for that matter
to be perfectly honest. read more »
15.Max and Moritz Fishing
Eben geht mit einem Teller
Witwe Bolte in den Keller,
Daß sie von dem Sauerkohle
Eine Portion sich hole, read more »
On the far hill the cloud of thunder grew
And sunlight blurred below; but sultry blue
Burned yet on the valley water where it hoards read more »
17.The Lung Fish
The Honorable Ardleigh Wyse
Was every fisherman's despair;
He caught his fish on floating flies,
In fact he caught them in the air, read more »
18.When the Fishing Boats Go Out
When the lucent skies of morning flush with dawning rose once more,
And waves of golden glory break adown the sunrise shore,
And o'er the arch of heaven pied films of vapor float.
There's joyance and there's freedom when the fishing boats go out. read more »
The days shorten, the south blows wide for showers now,
The south wind shouts to the rivers,
The rivers open their mouths and the salt salmon read more »
20.The Fisherman's Tomb
Over the fisher Pelagon Meniscus his father set
The oar worn by the wave, the trap, and the fishing net;-- read more »
ALTHOUGH you hide in the ebb and flow
Of the pale tide when the moon has set,
The people of coming days will know
About the casting out of my net, read more »
Maybe this is fun, sitting in the sun,
With a book and parasol, as my Angler wishes,
While he dips his line in the ocean brine, read more »
23.A Day's Fishing
Down by the pier, when the sweet morn is blowing,
Slips from her moorings the fisher's light bark,
Sends up her ringing sails while she is going, read more »
24.Upon the Fish in The Water
The water is the fish's element;
Take her from thence, none can her death prevent;
And some have said, who have transgressors been,
As good not be, as to be kept from sin. read more »
New Fishing Poems
- Canoe And Fisherman., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Flying Fish Fly Escape Predators, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- My Uncle Jack, Jim Holmes
- Big Fish, Ikenna Ehiemere
- Cracker Kingfisher, Jayatissa Liyanage
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fish it, gajanan mishra
- Fish Tub, Minnoor srinivasan
- Fishing Nets شباك صيد الاسماك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Death of the Fish, Kevin Quero
- Fishes in a Sea of Love, Rachel Nichols
- Fish in jug of water, gajanan mishra
- REMEMBERING FRIEDRICH WILHELM NIETZSCHE, RIC S. BASTASA
- Camping Time, Fraser MacLean
- Fish Tank, Angela Wybrow
- The Pretty Fishing Rod, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- First Encounter - Mahathir Mohamad, john tiong chunghoo
- Haiku #26, otteri selvakumar
- Live like Fish, gajanan mishra
- Your Heart, ali naghavi
- In Constant Struggle, RIC S. BASTASA
- Marc Greets Things in the Morning, Paul van Ostaijen
- New Democracy, Nyein Way
- 'Cat Fish', Shania K. Younce
- 2011 Global Fish Extinction Crisis, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Tanks For The Memories, Louis Marvin
- Fortune Fish, Eileen Hardy
- I Am A Fish!, Arta Krasniqi
- The Snake And The Fish, Asif Andalib
- My First Fishing Trip, bobby beddoe
- fish swim, Shaun Shane
- Hail Venerated King Of Sushi In Death Th.., Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Benefits of 1995 Fish Trash Policy, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Avoiding Deleted Links In Food Chain, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Preserving Global Fishing Grounds, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Incompetence Sentences Our Seas, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- World’s Fisheries In Deep Crisis, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Asian Cyanide Fishing, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- World Sea Fish Extinction Crisis, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- A Fishy Tale, vanessa hughes
- THY WORLD, Aldo Kraas
- Finn's Favorite Fish (Long Tongue Twister), Rebecca Ryan
- GOLDEN FISH, YoungBen Ulebor
- Fish vs. Humans, Rebecca Bell
- Fish of a Different Color, Cory Fox
- Steal, Catherine Yen
- Fishing for Christians, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- FISHING, Karnail Singh Heirwale
- ON A ROCKY BEACH, Aldo Kraas
- We Fish, Herman Melville
- 031210 a set and a round, Manonton Dalan
- 031010 food power, Manonton Dalan
- Icthus (JS#5), James Hart
- Is it really like fishing?, ReubenJames Rodriguez
- fishing for a friend, omar ibrahim
- The Fish Year, Dongming Zhou
- The Sea’s Fish, Naveed Akram
- When I remember the fish, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Franklins fishes, vincent armone
- Tiny Rhyme, Mubeen Sadhika
- haiku - 241, Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- Travel Haiku - Floriday Keys Fishing (St.., john tiong chunghoo
- bloodline ***** FISHING ON PALILAN TABO-.., Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- Fish the Fish, Antonio Liao
- 440, RIC S. BASTASA
- 31, RIC S. BASTASA
- Travel Haiku - Fishing in Seychelles, john tiong chunghoo
- Fishes, Sadiqullah Khan
- .5. Gone Fishing, David Threadgold
- THE HEAD OF THE FISH, Aldo Kraas
- Sky And Water, Atef Ayadi
- Travel Haiku - Angling at Black Hills (S.., john tiong chunghoo
- Lucky Catch, Zen Bojczuk
- carpe diem