Fish Poems - Poems For Fish
Poems about fish. You can read the best fish poems. Browse through all fish poems.
Puffer Fish - Poem by Sidi J. Mahtrow
If you find
a conch shell,
Discarded by the host
and others as well.
It can be used
to make music
If you know
Just place your lips
near the edge just so,
that you create
all that great,
But if you practice
long and hard
Perhaps(?) you'll get
your just reward.
But what if you are
in the briny sea below
And still have
a desire to blow
Other fish have tried
Attempting to play
a musical scale.
Silence is all that
from the shell emerges
When attempting pleasant sounds
or even dirges.
And yet, there is an exception
of which I write
Which is about a fish
that played to other's delight.
There in the
Was a skinny fish
known as "Bo Peep"
Who blew on
the shell to call
Those to her;
large and small.
When she puffed up
and blew away
Bubbles went right and left
and every way
And if you are
a fan of music
You'd have to say,
"Now that's a slick-trick."
The fish thought she was
Tooting just the way
he played the horn
And when she finished
her special piece
She bowed and smiled
at the other fish.
As it was known
how sweet she blew.
Playing all day
and through the night
She loved the sounds
that brought delight.
Alas, she discovered
much too late
That blowing a horn
has a special fate.
For when she looked
in the mirror clear
There was evidence
of displacement there.
Her lips and all that she
so proudly displayed,
Her cheeks and body
had expanded as she played.
With time others
learned her musical ways
And were miss-shappened
to their dismay
But what happened to her?
I cannot say,
As throughout the gulf waters,
she did play.
And her fate
is as yet unknown
Some saying she's
to better places gone.
Yet all that remains
to prove the tale
Is the body of the fish -
head to tail.
So if you happen to find
at the seaside a puffer fish
You will know that perhaps when she died,
she had her final wish.
To play an Armstrong,
(But when puffed up,
died all too soon.)
Comments about Puffer Fish by Sidi J. Mahtrow
Poems About Fish
- 1. Puffer Fish , Sidi J. Mahtrow
- 2. 'Varied Menu' , George BernardBloodyShaw
- 3. World Of Fish , Marilyn Lott
- 4. Anchovy , nimal dunuhinga
- 5. Fishmonger, Crows And I , Indira Renganathan
- 6. A Hot Summer's Afternoon , Herbert Nehrlich
- 7. A Kingfisher And A Tiny Scalloped Fish , nimal dunuhinga
- 8. I Work With Retarded Fish When I Am Not .. , Is It Poetry
- 9. Hooks And Preys. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 10. Haiku #26 , otteri selvakumar
- 11. Fish With No Tail , Antonio Liao
- 12. Fish And Rice , David Taylor
- 13. A Fisherman's Basket , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 14. I'Ll Eat The Fish , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 15. The Sea’s Fish , Naveed Akram
- 16. Fish Fever , Cheré Mason
- 17. I Am A Fish! , Arta Krasniqi
- 18. In Constant Struggle , RIC S. BASTASA
- 19. The Pretty Fishing Rod , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 20. The Patient Angler , Naveed Akram
- 21. 040510g We Are Overfishing The Sea , Manonton Dalan
- 22. A Fish In A Coloured World , Rohit Sapra
- 23. Fishes , Sadiqullah Khan
- 24. Thy World , Aldo Kraas
- 25. The Snake And The Fish , Asif Andalib
- 26. Remembering A Friend Through The Fish , RIC S. BASTASA
- 27. The Fisherman , Atef Ayadi
- 28. Down By The Seashore , Aldo Kraas
- 29. World Sea Fish Extinction Crisis , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 30. Travel Haiku - Fishing In Seychelles , john tiong chunghoo
- 31. Ode To The Oysters Of Apalachicola , Sidi J. Mahtrow
- 32. Fishing Rods, Guns And God , gershon hepner
- 33. Fishing Nets شباك صيد الاسماك , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 34. Fishing In The Muddy Water , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 35. A Shark Or A Little Fish? , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 36. Zz Fish Can'T Scream. Their Flesh Is Rad.. , Saiom Shriver
- 37. Flying Fish Fly Escape Predators , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 38. Lust Is A Bait , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 39. Sky And Water , Atef Ayadi
- 40. The Loneliness Of A Fisherman Of Ideas.... , RIC S. BASTASA
- 41. Fish Vs. Humans , Rebecca Bell
- 42. Oxymoron , O Anna Niemus
- 43. Some Things That Can Happen With A Fish , RIC S. BASTASA
- 44. Hands And Tongue , gershon hepner
- 45. Fish In Jug Of Water , gajanan mishra
- 46. How To Fish , Edward Kofi Louis
- 47. The Fish In The Fishbowl... , RIC S. BASTASA
- 48. Travel Haiku - Angling At Black Hills (S.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 49. Incompetence Sentences Our Seas , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 50. Forking River Dam, Illinois , Charles Hice
New Fish Poems
- The Big Fish, Small Fish Theorem, Hebert Logerie
- The Brown Urchin, Anwer Ghani
- The Brown Urchin, Anwer Gani
- Flying Fish Fly Escape Predators, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Fishing Boats Light Luring Flying Fish, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- The Whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fishing In The Muddy Water Anytime And A.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fishing In The Muddy Water Anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Fisherman's Basket, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Zz Fish Can'T Scream. Their Flesh Is Rad.., Saiom Shriver
- carpe diem