Fathers Poems - Poems For Fathers
Poems about fathers. You can read the best fathers poems. Browse through all fathers poems.
My Fathers Hand - Poem by Elliott B Wrinkleberry
I held my fathers hand today, but he wasn't there with me
He looked my way and smiled a bit, but I don't think he could see
My tears I hold until I'm alone, I want to be so strong
Maybe he should just give up, is thinking that so wrong?
I held my fathers hand today, but I don't think he was there
And mother holds and rubs his arm, sat on a plastic chair
And the pipes and tubes and sticky bits are holding him in place
He's tired of life and all this pain, I can read it in his face
I held my fathers hand today, and told him how I cared
About the things we laughed about and stories that we shared
The last thing that he said to me, 'take care, I love you son'
he told me that he had been blessed, to spend this life with mum.
I held my fathers hand today, I know he didn't feel me
the greatest love that I could give was holding him so near me
his eye lids close and I kiss his head and I comb his thinning hair
I say goodbye to my beloved dad, but he doesn't know I'm there.
I held my fathers hand today, but he wasn't there at all
But when I dream he comes to me, every time I call
And things are like they always were, where everything's alright
I'll hold his hand for evermore, holding him so tight.
Comments about My Fathers Hand by Elliott B Wrinkleberry
Poems About Fathers
- 201. My Fathers Hand , Elliott B Wrinkleberry
- 202. Fatherless , Charity Nduhiu
- 203. The War Game , Jaya Jaspal
- 204. My Father Cuts A Furrow , Charles Garcia
- 205. Eulogy For - Cleveland Columbus Jones , stephanie mellisa kievaughan
- 206. Happy Fathers Day - Lord Of All Creation , Matt Mondschein
- 207. Mothers Always Want Theirs Sons To Be Ha.. , RIC S. BASTASA
- 208. Founding Father’s , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 209. Address To Wm. Tytler, Esq., Of Woodhous.. , Robert Burns
- 210. Founding Fathers Philosophy , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 211. Without Change Our God Exists , Gert Strydom
- 212. Fathers' Day , Swapan Deep Singh
- 213. Jabali's Reasoning And Rama's Reply , Valmiki
- 214. Fathers Song , Aldo Kraas
- 215. Missing Void(Father) , Anonymous Daughter
- 216. Fathers Day.. , Holly Elizabeth
- 217. Daddy'A Little Girl , Susie Sunshine
- 218. Just Starting To Write Words Randomly , Ahtivah Lawton
- 219. Sold Years , King Femi Oloidi
- 220. Animalistic Traits , Will Althen
- 221. A Ballad Of The Time , Cicely Fox Smith
- 222. Peninsular Ballads: Prologue , Cicely Fox Smith
- 223. The Bond Of Brotherhood , Cicely Fox Smith
- 224. Who's Buried In Cleopatra's Tomb? , gershon hepner
- 225. Promises Unkept For Friend Chad , ivor or ivor.e hogg
- 226. I...'Think' We Are Both In The Kitchen? , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 227. The Complaining Cries , Muhammad Shanazar
- 228. Short Shrift , David Lewis Paget
- 229. Where Was Father? , Sylvia Chidi
- 230. Pride , Phil Soar
- 231. The Pastoral Letter , John Greenleaf Whittier
- 232. China Blank To None To Screens , cheung shun sang
- 233. The Shearers Are Back , Francis Duggan
- 234. Both Feet , Edward Kofi Louis
- 235. Fathers’ Day , Bashyam Narayanan
- 236. After The War , Edward Kofi Louis
- 237. The Brickwork Of Seashells , Robert Rorabeck
- 238. I Am Going To The Wars – O! , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 239. Money And Profit , Eric Cockrell
- 240. Affinity Matters , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 241. Jewish Motehr And Father: Kafka Revisited , gershon hepner
- 242. Eyes Impregnate , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 243. Basic Salt , Edward Kofi Louis
- 244. Woodmist , Saiom Shriver
- 245. Pride Had A Role To Play , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 246. Priceless Children , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 247. Fashionable Word , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 248. Be Happy, Fathers , Cynthia BuhainBaello
- 249. Saying 8 , oskar hansen
- 250. Reaching Out , Aldo Kraas
New Fathers Poems
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Fatherless, Charity Nduhiu
- It Takes More Than Titles, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fathers Day, Phil Soar
- Salsaabil 15 Poem@sakisabre, SAKISABRE Saki
- Our Generation, Hedy Henderson
- Her Fathers Eyes, steve stirk
- Father's Day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father's Day, Cece Chisolm
- Love Before First Sight, Sheikh Ahmed Tijan Bah
- carpe diem