Fathers Poems - Poems For Fathers
Poems about fathers. You can read the best fathers poems. Browse through all fathers poems.
Banner Of Men Who Were Free - Poem by Edgar Lee Masters
Flag of the great republic, banner of men who were free!
Carried aloft for freedom in many a bloody gorge;
Torn by the shot of tyrants in battle by land and sea,
The rallying hope of our fathers by Valley Forge.
But what is it but a rag, save it emblem the higher law?
Striped with the red of blood, flecked with the stars of war.
The ensign of might alone, to be held by the people in awe,
And cursed by savage chieftans in lands afar.
Little we owe to the England of this her lesser day,
But much to the field of Naseby, the spirit of Runnymede;
The bold adventurous Angles, who never shrank from the fray
When Liberty cried aloud in her hour of need.
Aloft on the dome of truth, in the city of brotherly love,
A sign to the world of hate, of Christ enthroned in the state,
Symbol of peace, like the olive leaf and the messenger dove,
Flew the flag of our fathers--the sign of a just debate!
But they dare to raise its standard on a field where the battle smoke,
Is rent with the groans of the slain, like the fallen of Lexington;
Where the eagles have traveled afar from the vultures of war which croak
O'er the bodies of those who died for the prize that it should have won?
Flag of a noble race, no longer our flag in truth,
Borne by a hostile hand in a cause of shame,
Give us the banner that flapped in the eyes of the nation's youth
And sent a thrill through the world of its faultless flame!
Yet, if its soul shall perish, take it for what it was --
For the shroud of those who worship the dead ideal;
Dead to lie with the dead beneath the recurrent grass,
No longer to grieve for the lost and no more to feel.
Comments about Banner Of Men Who Were Free by Edgar Lee Masters
Poems About Fathers
- 1. Banner Of Men Who Were Free , Edgar Lee Masters
- 2. Fathers Day (A Reckless Slaughter) , Silent Speaker
- 3. Devon To Me , John Galsworthy
- 4. The Brief Journey West , Howard Nemerov
- 5. The Great Yellow River Inundation In China , William Topaz McGonagall
- 6. The Legend Of Evil , Rudyard Kipling
- 7. Song Of America , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 8. The Old Issue , Rudyard Kipling
- 9. On A Spanish Cathedral , Henry Kendall
- 10. Daniel Henry Deniehy , Henry Kendall
- 11. Moses , Thomas Parnell
- 12. Fingal - Book Iv , James Macpherson
- 13. Fingal - Book Vi , James Macpherson
- 14. Oina-Morul , James Macpherson
- 15. Father Poetry: A Fathers Tribute , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 16. Dar-Thula , James Macpherson
- 17. Temora - Book Ii , James Macpherson
- 18. Give Me That Old Time Religion , Anonymous Americas
- 19. Fathers Are The Men From Sky , Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- 20. Oithona , James Macpherson
- 21. 0016 Fathers, Sons, And Families , Michael Shepherd
- 22. ****medieval Philosophy: Advent Of Chris.. , RAJ NANDY
- 23. Fingal - Book Iii , James Macpherson
- 24. The Pilgrim's Fathers , John Boyle O'Reilly
- 25. To-Day , Augusta Davies Webster
- 26. Mortality , William Knox
- 27. Temora - Book I , James Macpherson
- 28. Temora - Book Iii , James Macpherson
- 29. Berrathah , James Macpherson
- 30. Yonder He Goes! , William Henry Ogilvie
- 31. Fathers Anger You , Kirsty Lucas
- 32. Fathers Don'T Grow Old , Jemarie Ragudo
- 33. ****complete Medieval Philosophy In Verse , RAJ NANDY
- 34. New-Englands Crisis , Benjamin Tompson
- 35. Hooray! @! @ It's Father's Day! , Kristin Nicole RothDavis
- 36. Carric-Thura , James Macpherson
- 37. Anhelli - Chapter 1 , Juliusz Slowacki
- 38. Cathloda — Duan Ii , James Macpherson
- 39. Most Of The Beautiful Girls Of Bangladesh , Asif Andalib
- 40. Our Generation , HediTedi.
- 41. Epigram, 1734 , Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
- 42. Cherokee Prayer , jack green
- 43. The Building Of The Temple , Sir Henry Newbolt
- 44. The Sailing Of The Long-Ships , Sir Henry Newbolt
- 45. Conlath And Cuthona , James Macpherson
- 46. Annals Of Assur-Nasir-Pal Column I , Assurbanipal
- 47. The Patteran , Henry Lawson
- 48. Calthon And Colmal , James Macpherson
- 49. The Monks Of Catalonia , Jean De La Fontaine
- 50. The Missionary - Canto First , William Lisle Bowles
New Fathers Poems
- It Takes More Than Titles, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fathers Day, Phil Soar
- Salsaabil 15 Poem@sakisabre, SAKISABRE Saki
- Our Generation, Hedy Henderson
- Her Fathers Eyes, steve stirk
- Father's Day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father's Day, Cece Chisolm
- Love Before First Sight, Sheikh Ahmed Tijan Bah
- The War Game, Jaya Jaspal
- Lifelong Searches, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- carpe diem