Fathers Poems - Poems For Fathers
Poems about fathers. You can read the best fathers poems. Browse through all fathers poems.
On Leaving Newstead Abbey - Poem by George Gordon Byron
'Why dost thou build the hall, son of the winged days? Thou lookest from thy tower to-day; yet a few years, and the blast of the desert comes, it howls in thy empty court.' ~ Ossian
Through thy battlements, Newstead, the hollow winds whistle;
Thou, the hall of my fathers, art gone to decay;
In thy once smiling garden, the hemlock and thistle
Have choked up the rose which late bloom'd in the way.
Of the mail-cover'd Barons, who proudly to battle
Led their vassals from Europe to Palestine's plain,
The escutcheon and shield, which with every blast rattle,
Are the only sad vestiges now that remain.
No more doth old Robert, with harp-stringing numbers,
Raise a flame in the breast for the war-laurell'd wreath;
Near Askalon's towers, John of Horistan slumbers,
Unnerved is the hand of his minstrel by death.
Paul and Hubert, too, sleep in the valley of Cressy;
For the safety of Edward and England they fell:
My fathers! the tears of your country redress ye;
How you fought, how you died, still her annals can tell.
On Marston, with Rupert, 'gainst traitors contending,
Four brothers enrich'd with their blood the bleak field;
For the rights of a monarch their country defending,
Till death their attachment to royalty seal'd.
Shades of heroes, farewell! your descendant, departing
From the seat of his ancestors, bids you adieu!
Abroad, or at home, your remebrance imparting
New courage, he'll think upon glory and you.
Though a tear dim his eye at this sad separation,
'Tis nature, not fear, that excites his regret;
Far distant he goes, with the same emulation,
The fame of his fathers he ne'er can forget.
That fame, and that memory, still will he cherish;
He vows that he ne'er will disgrace your renown:
Like you will he live, or like you will he perish;
When decay'd, may he mingle his dust with your own!
Comments about On Leaving Newstead Abbey by George Gordon Byron
Poems About Fathers
- 101. On Leaving Newstead Abbey , George Gordon Byron
- 102. Athens: An Ode , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 103. Banner Of Men Who Were Free , Edgar Lee Masters
- 104. Fathers Day (A Reckless Slaughter) , Silent Speaker
- 105. The Brief Journey West , Howard Nemerov
- 106. The Great Yellow River Inundation In China , William Topaz McGonagall
- 107. The Legend Of Evil , Rudyard Kipling
- 108. The Old Issue , Rudyard Kipling
- 109. Devon To Me , John Galsworthy
- 110. On A Spanish Cathedral , Henry Kendall
- 111. Daniel Henry Deniehy , Henry Kendall
- 112. Fingal - Book Iv , James Macpherson
- 113. Fingal - Book Vi , James Macpherson
- 114. Oina-Morul , James Macpherson
- 115. Epigram, 1734 , Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
- 116. Dar-Thula , James Macpherson
- 117. Temora - Book Ii , James Macpherson
- 118. Give Me That Old Time Religion , Anonymous Americas
- 119. Fathers Are The Men From Sky , Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- 120. Oithona , James Macpherson
- 121. 0016 Fathers, Sons, And Families , Michael Shepherd
- 122. ****medieval Philosophy: Advent Of Chris.. , RAJ NANDY
- 123. Fingal - Book Iii , James Macpherson
- 124. The Pilgrim's Fathers , John Boyle O'Reilly
- 125. To-Day , Augusta Davies Webster
- 126. Anhelli - Chapter 1 , Juliusz Slowacki
- 127. Temora - Book I , James Macpherson
- 128. Temora - Book Iii , James Macpherson
- 129. Berrathah , James Macpherson
- 130. New-Englands Crisis , Benjamin Tompson
- 131. ! His Love Remains... , Inner Whispers
- 132. Yonder He Goes! , William Henry Ogilvie
- 133. Fathers Anger You , Kirsty Lucas
- 134. Fathers Don'T Grow Old , Jemarie Ragudo
- 135. ****complete Medieval Philosophy In Verse , RAJ NANDY
- 136. Father Poetry: Fathers Are , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 137. Hooray! @! @ It's Father's Day! , Kristin Nicole RothDavis
- 138. Carric-Thura , James Macpherson
- 139. Cathloda — Duan Ii , James Macpherson
- 140. Moses , Thomas Parnell
- 141. Most Of The Beautiful Girls Of Bangladesh , Asif Andalib
- 142. Our Generation , HediTedi.
- 143. Cherokee Prayer , jack green
- 144. The Building Of The Temple , Sir Henry Newbolt
- 145. The Sailing Of The Long-Ships , Sir Henry Newbolt
- 146. Conlath And Cuthona , James Macpherson
- 147. Annals Of Assur-Nasir-Pal Column I , Assurbanipal
- 148. The Patteran , Henry Lawson
- 149. Calthon And Colmal , James Macpherson
- 150. The Monks Of Catalonia , Jean De La Fontaine
New Fathers Poems
- Plight Of My Generation, Damilare Tella
- Dawn Of A New Age, victoria goddy
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Fatherless, Charity Nduhiu
- It Takes More Than Titles, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fathers Day, Phil Soar
- Salsaabil 15 Poem@sakisabre, SAKISABRE Saki
- Our Generation, Hedy Henderson
- Her Fathers Eyes, steve stirk
- Father's Day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- carpe diem