Fathers Poems - Poems For Fathers - My Fathers Eyes
Poems about fathers. You can read the best fathers poems. Browse through all fathers poems.
My Fathers Eyes - Poem by Karin Elizabeth Martin
I remember very little, of when I was young,
I recall even less, of a special someone, who I am told,
was so proud of me and so boastful, 'I had his eyes'...
I was born, on a first Spring day, I was his 4th, but he could not stay.
He was a soldier, Brave and Strong, he went away, to Vietnam.
I was said to be, the accidental one, that now keeps my aging mother,
young and strong.
My Father was an ARMY man, he wore black boots, and camo pants.
I remember a chair, in the living room, a christmas tree and a bouncing knee. I held a reindeer, in my small grip, his name was 'Rudolph', and as he sang the song, I knew that my special reindeer was the subject, and tried to sing along.
I smell something sweet now in the air, I see a pipe, and hands with hair. I do not know, that soon he will leave, go back to war, to keep our peace. I sit at his feet, on the kitchen floor. His pants legs are up, his combat boots exposed. I am only 2, but he tells me with such pride, please tie my laces, my sweet child.
I bow and know, the long black strings, mom picks me up, father grabs his things. I sit on her hip at the kitchen door, and wave goodbye, to this unknown man whom I adore.
He somewhat trips, as he walks, for he has left, his boot laces in knots.
That departing figure and what else I write, is all I remember of, what may have been only one day or a night.
My Father died when I was 3. My mother was BAKING in the kitchen, something very SPECIAL for me.
The doorbell rang, I followed mom, she opened the door, and she went right down.
I saw some men, that looked somewhat like, that ARMY man, who was my KNIGHT, but mother saw a different view, she cried and sobbed, one man cried too.
My father died, on a first Spring day. It was my 3rd birthday that he went away. I wish I could remember more, about his face, his hands his lure.
I listen to what others speak, mostly good, always deep. I hold onto that sweet sweet smell, of tobacco smoke and if I try hard, I can still see his stare. I wear upon my feet today and most, black combat boots, but now I boast, they are tied, not knotted or loose.
I walk straight and tall, I have almost reached his golden age,
I try to recall, the more I age, but just these memories I have,
And one other thing, I have his eyes... MY EYES ARE BLUE
Comments about My Fathers Eyes by Karin Elizabeth Martin
Poems About Fathers
- 1. Anecdote For Fathers , William Wordsworth
- 2. The Fathers , Edwin Muir
- 3. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers In Ne.. , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 4. Our Fathers Of Old , Rudyard Kipling
- 5. My Fathers, The Baltic , Philip Levine
- 6. An Indian At The Burial-Place Of His Fat.. , William Cullen Bryant
- 7. The Fathers , Siegfried Sassoon
- 8. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 9. Our Fathers Also , Rudyard Kipling
- 10. The Sins Of The Fathers , Stephen Crane
- 11. Fathers And Daughters , Harry J. Couchon Jr
- 12. Your Fathers (1985) , Max Reif
- 13. (((...And A Happy Fathers Day To Yo.. , Theodora (Theo) Onken
- 14. Heavenly Fathers' Day Forever , Michael Shepherd
- 15. A Fathers Love Is Forever , Peter Beauregard
- 16. Fathers Day (A Reckless Slaughter) , Silent Speaker
- 17. The Pilgrim Fathers , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 18. Fathers Are The Men From Sky , Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- 19. Father Poetry: A Fathers Tribute , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 20. 0016 Fathers, Sons, And Families , Michael Shepherd
- 21. The Pilgrim's Fathers , John Boyle O'Reilly
- 22. Fathers Anger You , Kirsty Lucas
- 23. Fathers Don'T Grow Old , Jemarie Ragudo
- 24. A Fathers Promise ' For A Daughter ' , Roger Horsch
- 25. Fathers Are Wonderful People , Helen Steiner Rice
- 26. To Whom It May Concern... Fathers, Mothe.. , David Beckham
- 27. The Fathers , Elizabeth Holmes
- 28. The Graves Of Our Fathers , Charles Mackay
- 29. My Fathers Eyes , Karin Elizabeth Martin
- 30. Anecdote For Fathers , Sir Arthur Quiller-Couch
- 31. Brothers, Fathers, Sisters, Mothers , Egal Bohen
- 32. Fathers Dilemma (Daughters Stages) , louis rams
- 33. A Fathers Love , dani fries
- 34. Fathers Day , kevin glenn
- 35. My Fathers Hand , Elliott B Wrinkleberry
- 36. Father Poetry: Fathers Are , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 37. What Are Fathers Made Of? , Diane Wright
- 38. Dear Fathers , Otteri Selvakumar
- 39. Fathers , Scarlett Treat
- 40. A Fathers Daughter , louis rams
- 41. To Fathers' , Marilyn Lott
- 42. Faith Of Our Fathers Living Still , Barney Rooney
- 43. Fathers Against Sons , nader baheri
- 44. Not All Fathers Will Get A Chance To Cel.. , Elena Plotkin
- 45. Why Fathers Are Not Worshipped? , Lalitha Iyer
- 46. Happy Fathers Day 'Dad' , Poison 9901
- 47. Thanks To Our Founding Fathers , BRUCE MARTONE
- 48. A Fathers Words To His Child. , R. K. Hart
- 49. A Fathers Reminiscence... , Jonathan Maldonado
- 50. Fathers Day Poem (...A Day Late...) , Oscar Mireles
New Fathers Poems
- A Country In Distress, Loke Kok yee
- Scenic Irony!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Fathers - Fathers As Good Role Models, Paul Warren
- Fathers, We Have A Question For You, Monica Rupazo
- Plight Of My Generation, Damilare Tella
- Dawn Of A New Age, victoria goddy
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Fatherless, Charity Nduhiu
- It Takes More Than Titles, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fathers Day, Phil Soar
- carpe diem