Fathers Poems - Poems For Fathers
Poems about fathers. You can read the best fathers poems. Browse through all fathers poems.
You say that father write a lot of books, but what he write I don't
He was reading to you all the evening, but could you really
make out what he meant?
What nice stores, mother, you can tell us! Why can't father
write like that, I wonder?
Did he never hear from his own mother stories of giants and
fairies and princesses?
Has he forgotten them all?
Often when he gets late for his bath you have to and call him
an hundred times.
You wait and keep his dishes warm for him, but he goes on
writing and forgets.
Father always plays at making books.
If ever I go to play in father's room, you come and call me,
"What a naughty child!"
If I make the slightest noise you say, "Don't you see that
father's at his work?"
What's the fun of always writing and writing?
When I take up father's pen or pencil and write upon his book
just as he does,-a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,-why do you get cross with me
You never say a word when father writes.
When my father wastes such heaps of paper, mother, you don't
seem to mind at all.
But if I take only one sheet to take a boat with, you say,
"Child, how troublesome you are!"
What do you think of father's spoiling sheets and sheets of
paper with black marks all over both sides? read more »
WHO rides there so late through the night dark and drear?
The father it is, with his infant so dear;
He holdeth the boy tightly clasp'd in his arm, read more »
3.A Prayer for Dad (memorial day memorial day memorial day)
Lord, Shepherd my dad today
In green pastures let him lay
To still waters guide his way
Restoreth his soul, I pray read more »
4.Thank you Dad
A great many thanks for all you have done
Without you my life would not have begun
You have been there when I most needed you read more »
5.The Little Boy Lost
'Father, father, where are you going?
Oh do not walk so fast!
Speak, father, speak to you little boy,
Or else I shall be lost.' read more »
6.Thank You, Father
Fathers hold you when you have bad dreams
And they comfort you when all is lost it seems.
Fathers teach you to dribble a basketball and shoot a free throw
And they lead you as you grow. read more »
7.A Father's Love
Is a Warm Embrace,
Or a Quick Hug
A Glowing Smile, and Your Wit and Wisdom... read more »
8.Father And Daughter
Father and daughter spend some quiet time together in the living room
Shining through the curtain is the sun
And outside is the glorious afternoon read more »
9.Hallelujah: A Sestina
A wind's word, the Hebrew Hallelujah.
I wonder they never gave it to a boy
(Hal for short) boy with wind-wild hair.
It means Praise God, as well it should since praise read more »
Our fathers all were poor,
Poorer our fathers' fathers;
Beyond, we dare not look.
We, the sons, keep store read more »
11.my father moved through dooms of love
my father moved through dooms of love
through sames of am through haves of give, read more »
Late December: my father and I
are going to New York, to the circus.
He holds me
on his shoulders in the bitter wind: read more »
New Fathers Poems
- Father, Dear Father, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- My Dear Father, Monesh Kumar
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- An Unborn Daughter's Plea, Sameer Ahsan
- father's day, tsholofelo phakathi
- Love All Four, Clarence Prince
- I cannot, gajanan mishra
- Where Is My Father, gajanan mishra
- The War Game, Jaya Jaspal
- Moth, Nassy Fesharaki
- Father Is Here, gajanan mishra
- My Father-My Mentor, gajanan mishra
- Heavenly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- My father is a man, Phineas Molale
- O My Father, You Are Always Interested I.., gajanan mishra
- O My Father, You Are Always, gajanan mishra
- I Am Africa, Makabongwe Nkambule
- Father's, jasmine dugas
- Our Father, Matthias Pantaleon
- My prayer to all, Pushkar Bisht
- A FATHER IS THE SOURCE OF PARADISE, Nicolas GRENIER
- My Father, BHUPENDRA SWARNAKAR
- REMEMBERING MY FATHER, Philo Yan
- Father's Mate, Ehimika Ehimigbai
- Father You, I And He, sunny Munera Managan
- Oft saw my dad cry (to dad), David Whalen
- Gone, Quincy Palamar
- To The Best Father Ever, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- For Fathers On Father's Day, Clarence Prince
- Fatherly Love, Abdul Wahab
- Mom Said 'Remember Them', fate mcfate
- My father, Katinka Havermans
- The Supreme, Sri Chinmoy Ghose
- Rethink, gajanan mishra
- O FATHER I HAVE SINED, Joe Johnson
- Heir, gajanan mishra
- My father, gajanan mishra
- An Important News Bulletin, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- O Father O Father, Jessica lee Workman
- O Faher O Father, Jessica Lee Workman
- On His Father's Side, joses tirtabudi
- Happy Brithday Dad, kaliaha hogue
- I Have Been Friend To The Muse, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I'm Still My Father's Child, Sihle KaPhila Zulu
- The family tree, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To be fanatic, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Male parental hierarchy., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Prayer for Dad (memorial day memorial .., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Thank you Dad, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Dear Father, Amir Khusro
- My father, bhupender swarnakar
- God of Wonder, Lisa Finney
- Healer of hearts, Lisa Finney
- Father, Waken, Daniel Richards
- # # Bastard Son's Story, Sonya Florentino
- No Father?, trulyyours cross
- As She Prayed [part 2], norman hale
- Chidren Of Abraham, raff rafael
- heaty god, otteri selvakumar
- Fathers Day (A reckless slaughter), Silent Speaker
- FATHER'S DAY REMINDER, JAMES T. ADAIR
- My Father Buried My Sister........Today, Pritisha Sardesai
- ‘FATHER”:, yeslin salazar
- In Prayer to You, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Fathers hands, Melissa Hatch
- Father, Can you see me?, Rose Rosado
- What Kind Of Father Are You?, valentine white
- Honor Our Father! ! !, Patricia Martin
- the letter my father will never see, Sam Byron
- father, adean ladia
- My father, My father, Dakota Ellerton
- CRUSHED, Liv Mealone
- The Perfect Father, Debbie Bennett
- My Father Was A Loser, Tania Nuno
- carpe diem