Father Poems - Poems For Father
Poems about father. You can read the best father poems. Browse through all father poems.
Our father liked to play a game.
He played that he was dead.
He took his thick black glasses off
and stretched out on the bed.
He wouldn't twitch and didn't snore
or move in any way.
He didn't even seem to breathe!
We asked, Are you okay?
We tickled fingers up and down
his huge, pink, stinky feet—
He didn't move; he lay as still
as last year's parakeet.
We pushed our fingers up his nose,
and wiggled them inside—
Next, we peeled his eyelids back.
Are you okay? we cried.
I really thought he might be dead
and not just playing possum,
because his eyeballs didn't twitch
when I slid my tongue across 'em.
He's dead, we sobbed—but to be sure,
I jabbed him in the jewels.
He rose, like Jesus, from the dead,
though I don't think Jesus drools.
His right hand lashed both right and left.
His left hand clutched his scrotum.
And the words he yelled—I know damn well
I'm way too young to quote 'em. read more »
When he was my age and I was already a boy
my father made a machine in the garage.
A wired piece of steel
with many small and beautiful welds read more »
I lay my head sideways on the desk,
My fingers interlocked under my cheekbones,
My eyes closed. It was a three-room schoolhouse, read more »
You say that father write a lot of books, but what he write I don't
He was reading to you all the evening, but could you really
make out what he meant? read more »
WHO rides there so late through the night dark and drear?
The father it is, with his infant so dear;
He holdeth the boy tightly clasp'd in his arm, read more »
42.Thank you Dad
A great many thanks for all you have done
Without you my life would not have begun
You have been there when I most needed you read more »
43.Thank You, Father
Fathers hold you when you have bad dreams
And they comfort you when all is lost it seems.
Fathers teach you to dribble a basketball and shoot a free throw
And they lead you as you grow. read more »
44.A Prayer for Dad (memorial day memorial day memorial day)
Lord, Shepherd my dad today
In green pastures let him lay
To still waters guide his way
Restoreth his soul, I pray read more »
45.Father And Daughter
Father and daughter spend some quiet time together in the living room
Shining through the curtain is the sun
And outside is the glorious afternoon read more »
46.A Father's Love
Is a Warm Embrace,
Or a Quick Hug
A Glowing Smile, and Your Wit and Wisdom... read more »
47.Hallelujah: A Sestina
A wind's word, the Hebrew Hallelujah.
I wonder they never gave it to a boy
(Hal for short) boy with wind-wild hair.
It means Praise God, as well it should since praise read more »
Our fathers all were poor,
Poorer our fathers' fathers;
Beyond, we dare not look.
We, the sons, keep store read more »
New Father Poems
- Father, Dear Father, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- My Dear Father, Monesh Kumar
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- An Unborn Daughter's Plea, Sameer Ahsan
- father's day, tsholofelo phakathi
- Love All Four, Clarence Prince
- I cannot, gajanan mishra
- Where Is My Father, gajanan mishra
- The War Game, Jaya Jaspal
- Moth, Nassy Fesharaki
- Father Is Here, gajanan mishra
- My Father-My Mentor, gajanan mishra
- Heavenly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- My father is a man, Phineas Molale
- O My Father, You Are Always Interested I.., gajanan mishra
- O My Father, You Are Always, gajanan mishra
- I Am Africa, Makabongwe Nkambule
- Father's, jasmine dugas
- Our Father, Matthias Pantaleon
- My prayer to all, Pushkar Bisht
- A FATHER IS THE SOURCE OF PARADISE, Nicolas GRENIER
- My Father, BHUPENDRA SWARNAKAR
- REMEMBERING MY FATHER, Philo Yan
- Father's Mate, Ehimika Ehimigbai
- Father You, I And He, sunny Munera Managan
- Oft saw my dad cry (to dad), David Whalen
- Gone, Quincy Palamar
- To The Best Father Ever, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- For Fathers On Father's Day, Clarence Prince
- Fatherly Love, Abdul Wahab
- Mom Said 'Remember Them', fate mcfate
- My father, Katinka Havermans
- The Supreme, Sri Chinmoy Ghose
- Rethink, gajanan mishra
- O FATHER I HAVE SINED, Joe Johnson
- Heir, gajanan mishra
- My father, gajanan mishra
- An Important News Bulletin, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- O Father O Father, Jessica lee Workman
- O Faher O Father, Jessica Lee Workman
- On His Father's Side, joses tirtabudi
- Happy Brithday Dad, kaliaha hogue
- I Have Been Friend To The Muse, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I'm Still My Father's Child, Sihle KaPhila Zulu
- The family tree, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To be fanatic, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Male parental hierarchy., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Prayer for Dad (memorial day memorial .., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Thank you Dad, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Dear Father, Amir Khusro
- My father, bhupender swarnakar
- God of Wonder, Lisa Finney
- Healer of hearts, Lisa Finney
- Father, Waken, Daniel Richards
- # # Bastard Son's Story, Sonya Florentino
- No Father?, trulyyours cross
- As She Prayed [part 2], norman hale
- Chidren Of Abraham, raff rafael
- heaty god, otteri selvakumar
- Fathers Day (A reckless slaughter), Silent Speaker
- FATHER'S DAY REMINDER, JAMES T. ADAIR
- My Father Buried My Sister........Today, Pritisha Sardesai
- ‘FATHER”:, yeslin salazar
- In Prayer to You, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Fathers hands, Melissa Hatch
- Father, Can you see me?, Rose Rosado
- What Kind Of Father Are You?, valentine white
- Honor Our Father! ! !, Patricia Martin
- the letter my father will never see, Sam Byron
- father, adean ladia
- My father, My father, Dakota Ellerton
- CRUSHED, Liv Mealone
- The Perfect Father, Debbie Bennett
- My Father Was A Loser, Tania Nuno
- carpe diem