Poem about farewell. You can read the best farewell poems. Browse through all farewell poems.
49.Earth the Healer, Earth the Keeper
So swift the hours are moving
Unto the time unproved:
Farewell my love unloving,
Farewell my love beloved!
What! are we not glad-hearted?
Is there no deed to do?
Is not all fear departed
And Spring-tide blossomed new?
The sails swell out above us,
The sea-ridge lifts the keel;
For They have called who love us,
Who bear the gifts that heal:
A crown for him that winneth,
A bed for him that fails,
A glory that beginneth
In never-dying tales.
Yet now the pain is ended
And the glad hand grips the sword,
Look on thy life amended
And deal out due award.
Think of the thankless morning,
The gifts of noon unused;
Think of the eve of scorning,
The night of prayer refused.
And yet. The life before it,
Dost thou remember aught,
What terrors shivered o'er it
Born from the hell of thought?
And this that cometh after:
How dost thou live, and dare
To meet its empty laughter,
To face its friendless care?
In fear didst thou desire,
At peace dost thou regret,
The wasting of the fire,
The tangling of the net.
Love came and gat fair greeting;
Love went; and left no shame.
Shall both the twilights meeting
The summer sunlight blame?
What! cometh love and goeth
Like the dark night's empty wind,
Because thy folly soweth
The harvest of the blind?
Hast thou slain love with sorrow?
Have thy tears quenched the sun?
Nay even yet tomorrow
Shall many a deed be done.
This twilight sea thou sailest,
Has it grown dim and black
For that wherein thou failest,
And the story of thy lack?
Peace then! for thine old grieving
Was born of Earth the kind,
And the sad tale thou art leaving
Earth shall not leave behind.
Peace! for that joy abiding
Whereon thou layest hold
Earth keepeth for a tiding
For the day when this is old.
Thy soul and life shall perish,
And thy name as last night's wind;
But Earth the deed shall cherish
That thou today shalt find.
And all thy joy and sorrow
So great but yesterday,
So light a thing tomorrow,
Shall never pass away.
Lo! lo! the dawn-blink yonder,
The sunrise draweth nigh,
And men forget to wonder
That they were born to die.
Then praise the deed that wendeth
Through the daylight and the mirth!
The tale that never endeth
Whoso may dwell on earth. read more »
50.I prithee send me back my heart
I prithee send me back my heart,
Since I cannot have thine;
For if from yours you will not part,
Why, then, shouldst thou have mine? read more »
51.Farewell and adieu....
Farewell and adieu to you, Harwich Ladies,
Farewell and adieu to you, ladies ashore!
For we've received orders to work to the eastward
Where we hope in a short time to strafe 'em some more. read more »
Kiss me tonight without saying anything
kiss me until the blood sprouts
kiss me with rage, it is my farewell
tomorrow I emigrate without knowing where! read more »
53.Farewell to London
Dear, damn'd distracting town, farewell!
Thy fools no more I'll tease:
This year in peace, ye critics, dwell,
Ye harlots, sleep at ease! read more »
O saw ye not fair Ines?
She 's gone into the West,
To dazzle when the sun is down,
And rob the world of rest: read more »
This was its promise, held to faithfully:
The early morning sun came in this way
Until the angle of its saffron beam read more »
56.Farewell Ungrateful Traitor
Farewell ungrateful traitor,
Farewell my perjured swain,
Let never injured creature
Believe a man again. read more »
57.Flowers, Dear Flowers, Farewell!
'We are sending you, dear flowers,
Forth alone to die,
Where your gentle sisters may not weep
O'er the cold graves where you lie; read more »
58.'Yes, holy be thy resting place'
Yes, holy be thy resting place
Wherever thou may'st lie;
The sweetest winds breathe on thy face,
The softest of the sky. read more »
59.The Gloomy Night Is Gath'ring Fast
The gloomy night is gath'ring fast,
Loud roars the wild inconstant blast;
Yon murky cloud is filled with rain,
I see it driving o'er the plain; read more »
WAVING whispering trees,
What do you say to the breeze
And what says the breeze to you?
'Mid passing souls ill at ease, read more »
New Farewell Poems
- farewell; to the lost love, ademola oluwabusayo
- farewell 'to the winter solders that los.., ademola oluwabusayo
- Song—Farewell to the Highlands, Robert Burns
- XVI, Mark Strand
- Farewell To New England, Albert Pike
- XXI: The World Goes None The Lamer, Alfred Edward Housman
- Go Back!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Farewell Daisy, Bolami lawal
- The Parting Song, S.Ovwata Onojieruo
- My Final Farewell, Denzel JONES02
- Leaving, Emily Slm
- Night Comes Creeping, Rose Terry Cooke
- Villanelle, Victor Daley
- The Emigrant's Farewell, Thomas Pringle
- I Bid Thee Farewell, Gabriel Gauci Maistre
- Rondel, François Villon
- Goodbye…Farewell!, IkpoBari MeneSENEWO
- Farewell, vaishak Thiruvenkitam
- Hello Have Mercy - Farewell Have Mercy, Gregory Allen Uhan
- Set Free, Caco Coli
- Farewell, Aditya Tapshalkar
- How Sad, How Sad, Emmanuel George Cefai
- A Farewell To Idiots, abhimanyu kumar.s
- Good Bye My Sweet Heart, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Razor's Edge, Noelle Decuir
- Farewell Evening's Art, Tsira Gogeshvili
- Farewell, Count Dracula
- Farewell, Peter Rhodes
- Goodbye, Farewell, Kolabomi Adeko
- Farewell My Love, Edwina Reizer
- Farewell, Marietta Holley
- Song. The Farewell, Edward Henry Bickersteth
- The Farewell, Samuel Bamford
- Farewell, Maurice Thompson
- Ballad IV, Christine de Pizan
- Farewell to Bath, Mary Wortley Montagu
- Farewell To Summer, George Arnold
- Farewell The Bowl, John Pierpont
- Farewell To The Old Year, 1863, Janet Hamilton
- Farewell To Summer, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Farewell, Sammy Edrisi
- Transcend, Ronald Mallari
- Nightmare, Phillip Dodham Cormier
- O, Struck Beneath The Laurel, George Edward Woodberry
- King Cahill's Farewell To The Rye Field, Padraic Colum
- Pain And Time Strive Not, William Morris
- Farewell, Sydney Thompson Dobell
- Song Of Parting, James Whitcomb Riley
- Flying Slave, Anonymous Americas
- Sea Song of the Exiles, Victor Marie Hugo
- Farewell, Augusta Davies Webster
- Farewell! If Ever Fondest Prayer, George Gordon Byron
- A Farewell to a Manager, Wida Tausif
- farewell, black black
- i say farewell, Renee' Stretch
- Our Final Farewell, Nikki Hamilton
- Adieu, Natasha George
- Sins of man kind, noha el3wdy
- I SAID FAREWELL TO MY EARTH, Aldo Kraas
- I SAY FAREWELL SONG, Aldo Kraas
- FAREWELL FAREWELL I BID YOU ADIEU, GAYLE ANNE GOFF
- Triolet, Hima chan
- A Frozen Farewell, Nosherwan khan
- The Farewell Bell, Francis Duggan
- GoodBye To A FareWell Friend, Nicole Edwards
- Farewell, vijay gupta
- We Said Goodbye, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Farewell, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Farewell, Jay P Narain
- Brown Study from the Lowlands, Jonathan ROBIN
- Farewell, My Friends, Adieu, Verona Valentine
- Don't Come Around Anymore, Donna Hendra
- Song Of The Broken Man, Rey Benipayo
- Farewell My Rebel Latvian (For Erica), Francis Duggan
- carpe diem