Farewell Poems - Poems For Farewell
Poems about farewell. You can read the best farewell poems. Browse through all farewell poems.
The Emigrant - Poem by Felicia Dorothea Hemans
FAREWELL, ah, happy shades! ah, scenes belov'd,
Of infant sports and bright unclouded hours!
Where oft in childhood's happy days I rov'd,
Thro' forest-walks, and wild secluded bow'rs!
Far from your woods, and sweet romantic glades,
A wand'ring emigrant I'm doom'd to roam,
Yet oft will memory, ling'ring in your shades,
Recal the dear, regretted charms of home!
Her magic pencil oft shall fondly trace
The mournful pictures of departed joy;
To ev'ry image give a pensive grace,
Which time may soften—but can ne'er destroy.
Ah! scenes belov'd! again delightful spring
In vernal beauty decks your smiling vales;
With balmy odour scents the zephyr's wing,
And wafts from heav'n the soft Favonian gales.
With transport once, to hail her blest return,
I tun'd my artless reed, my numbers wild,
Then all was new in life's bewitching morn,
And hope—ah, fair enchantress! gaily smil'd.
Oh! then, what airy visions of delight,
Beguil'd my youthful heart in ev'ry grove;
Deluding fancy pictur'd to my sight
The fairy-land of happiness and love!
But now, for me in vain the flow'rs expand,
And leaves unfolding, dress the woods anew;
I go, a wanderer, to some distant land,
And bid my native hills—a last adieu!
Farewell the hermit-cell, the lov'd retreat,
The cottage mantled o'er with clustering vine;
Where mild content had found a tranquil seat,
And peace and calm domestic joys were mine.
Dear, lovely scenes! how oft, at dawn of day,
My pipe has wak'd your mountain-echoes sound;
How oft at evening's hour I lov'd to stray,
Beside the river's bank, with osiers crown'd.
Ye woodland-streams, ye peaceful, happy shades,
Oft on your charms will pensive memory dwell;
Ah, native vales! ah, sweet embow'ring glades,
Scenes of my early youth!—a last farewell!
Comments about The Emigrant by Felicia Dorothea Hemans
Poems About Farewell
- 101. The Emigrant , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 102. Rondel , François Villon
- 103. On Departure For The Caucas , Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov
- 104. Epitaph On The Same , Anna Laetitia Barbauld
- 105. Ma Belle , Coventry Patmore
- 106. King Cahill's Farewell To The Rye Field , Padraic Colum
- 107. Adieux À Marie Stuart , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 108. The Heart's House , Sara Teasdale
- 109. Sonnet Xix: Farewell, Ye Coral Caves , Mary Darby Robinson
- 110. Theron And Zoe , Walter Savage Landor
- 111. Genoa , Henry Lawson
- 112. Pain And Time Strive Not , William Morris
- 113. The Infanticide , Friedrich Schiller
- 114. The Rebel , Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Nor ..
- 115. Corydon's Farewell To Phillis , Anonymous Olde English
- 116. The Sun's Last Ray , Anonymous Americas
- 117. Farewell To Italy , Frances Anne Kemble
- 118. Farewell , Sydney Thompson Dobell
- 119. Kinmont Willie , Andrew Lang
- 120. We Said Goodbye , Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- 121. The Parting Song , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 122. Madeline. A Domestic Tale , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 123. The Forest Sanctuary - Part Ii. , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 124. A Presentiment , Robert Fuller Murray
- 125. Farewell Address At The Argyle Hall , William Topaz McGonagall
- 126. Amours De Voyage, Canto Iii , Arthur Hugh Clough
- 127. Sonnet Xxix: Farewell, Ye Tow'Ring Cedars , Mary Darby Robinson
- 128. Farewell , John Boyle O'Reilly
- 129. The Lament Of Toby, The Learned Pig , Thomas Hood
- 130. A Hymn To The Name And Honour Of The Adm.. , Richard Crashaw
- 131. Blittle Cricket (#1 Poem) , Barry A. Lanier
- 132. Catullus At His Brother’s Grave , Robert Fuller Murray
- 133. The Farewell , Henry King
- 134. The Death Of Virtuous , Anna Laetitia Barbauld
- 135. Sonnet Xxxv: What Means The Mist , Mary Darby Robinson
- 136. Flying Slave , Anonymous Americas
- 137. Dreams Of France , Leon Gellert
- 138. Consalvo , Count Giacomo Leopardi
- 139. Cleburne , Anonymous Americas
- 140. The Creeds Of The Bells , Anonymous Americas
- 141. Mackrimmon's Lament , Sir Walter Scott
- 142. Ave Et Vale , Muriel Stuart
- 143. On Resigning A Scholarship Of Trinity Co.. , William Lisle Bowles
- 144. Cease Sorrows Now , Thomas Weelkes
- 145. Farewell , joana bluementhal
- 146. A Historical Problem , James Brunton Stephens
- 147. Ernst Of Edelsheim , John Hay
- 148. I Bid Thee Farewell , Gabriel Gauci Maistre
- 149. Ah! Cannot Sighs Not Tears , John Wilbye
- 150. How Blest The Righteous When He Dies! , Anna Laetitia Barbauld
New Farewell Poems
- Farewell To Love (Triolet), David Wood
- Searching For The Sangreal, Philip Dodd
- The Green Knight's Farewell To Fancy, George Gascoigne
- Song—farewell To The Highlands, Robert Burns
- - How Can I Say Farewell To You-, Ali Sabry
- A Wild Flower In The Rock Of Suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Xvi, Mark Strand
- Lines, Albert Pike
- Farewell To New England, Albert Pike
- Go Back!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- carpe diem