Farewell Poems - Poems For Farewell
Poems about farewell. You can read the best farewell poems. Browse through all farewell poems.
Farewell - Poem by Thomas E. Spencer
As we travel Life's weary journey,
And plod through the gathering years,
With our burdens of care and sorrow,
O'er a pathway bedewed with tears.
If, perchance, for a fleeting moment
Our hearts should with rapture swell,
We have added but one more sorrow,
When we bid the glad time "Farewell".
I have watched the bright dawn awaking,
And noted each changing light,
As the sun, in its morning splendour,
Dispelled the dark gloom of night.
I have welcomed its bright rays stealing
Over hill-top, and wood, and dell;
Yet, my joy was alloyed with sorrow,
As I bade the bright stars "Farewell".
I have seen the red sun descending
To its home in the glowing west,
Whilst the tremulous voice of nature
Was solemnly lulled to rest.
I have welcomed the stars, appearing,
And greeted them one by one,
Yet, my greeting was toned with sadness,
As I said "Farewell" to the sun.
When we welcome the summer sunshine,
Farewell to the flowers of Spring.
Adieu to the fruits of Autumn,
When we welcome the frosty king.
Good-bye to the joys of childhood,
When vigorous youth appears;
Then - a season of strife and turmoil,
And - farewell to the vanished years.
I am sighing a farewell message,
As I sit in the gathering gloom.
Farewell to all earthly sorrows,
Then - rest, in the silent tomb.
Farewell to the trees, and flowers,
To mountain, and stream, and dell,
Farewell to the glorious sunlight,
To the moon and stars, "Farewell"
Comments about Farewell by Thomas E. Spencer
Poems About Farewell
- 1. Farewell , Thomas E. Spencer
- 2. The Nightingale , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 3. Farewell And Adieu.... , Rudyard Kipling
- 4. I Prithee Send Me Back My Heart , Sir John Suckling
- 5. Fair Ines , Thomas Hood
- 6. Farewell To London , Alexander Pope
- 7. Flowers, Dear Flowers, Farewell! , Louisa May Alcott
- 8. A Revocation , Sir Thomas Wyatt
- 9. August , Boris Pasternak
- 10. A Minor Poet , Amy Levy
- 11. The Gloomy Night Is Gath'Ring Fast , Robert Burns
- 12. Rouge Bouquet , Joyce Kilmer
- 13. Napoleon's Farewell (From The French) , George Gordon Byron
- 14. Adieu , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 15. At Sea , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 16. To The Memory Of Mr Oldham , John Dryden
- 17. Phantasmagoria Canto Vii ( Sad Souvenaun.. , Lewis Carroll
- 18. Farewell , Valsa George
- 19. Farewell! If Ever Fondest Prayer , George Gordon Byron
- 20. Farewell , Augusta Davies Webster
- 21. The King , Rudyard Kipling
- 22. Adieu To Belshanny , William Allingham
- 23. Cleveland's Song , Sir Walter Scott
- 24. Where Is The Slave , Thomas Moore
- 25. An Drinaun Donn , Padraic Colum
- 26. The Widows' Tears; Or, Dirge Of Dorcas , Robert Herrick
- 27. Autumn , Anna Laetitia Barbauld
- 28. For He Was A Jolly Good Fellow , Henry Lawson
- 29. The Song Of Hiawatha Xxii: Hiawatha's De.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 30. The Battle Of Moncontour , Thomas Babbington Macaulay
- 31. Sonnet Xvi: Delusive Hope , Mary Darby Robinson
- 32. Ave Atque Vale , Padraic Colum
- 33. The Battle , Friedrich Schiller
- 34. Sea Song Of The Exiles , Victor Marie Hugo
- 35. Farewell To The Muse , Sir Walter Scott
- 36. The Cenci : A Tragedy In Five Acts , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 37. 'The Frost-King' Song 1 , Louisa May Alcott
- 38. Lohengrin , Emma Lazarus
- 39. Sonnet Lxxxiv: Farewell To The Glen , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 40. The Abencerrage : Canto I. , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 41. Anecdote , Will Barber
- 42. A Song Of Parting , Edith Nesbit
- 43. What Should I Say , Sir Thomas Wyatt
- 44. The Last Poem Of Rizal , Jose Rizal
- 45. The Door Of Humility , Alfred Austin
- 46. Claud Halcro's Song , Sir Walter Scott
- 47. Failure , George MacDonald
- 48. Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Max.. , Saadi Shirazi
- 49. A New Pilgrimage: Sonnet Xxx , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- 50. The Emigrant , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
New Farewell Poems
- Searching For The Sangreal, Philip Dodd
- The Green Knight's Farewell To Fancy, George Gascoigne
- Song—farewell To The Highlands, Robert Burns
- - How Can I Say Farewell To You-, Ali Sabry
- A Wild Flower In The Rock Of Suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Xvi, Mark Strand
- Lines, Albert Pike
- Farewell To New England, Albert Pike
- Go Back!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Farewell Goodbye My Darling..., Mark Heathcote
- carpe diem