Farewell Poems - Poems For Farewell
Poems about farewell. You can read the best farewell poems. Browse through all farewell poems.
Farewell To London - Poem by Alexander Pope
Dear, damn'd distracting town, farewell!
Thy fools no more I'll tease:
This year in peace, ye critics, dwell,
Ye harlots, sleep at ease!
Soft B-- and rough C--s adieu,
Earl Warwick made your moan,
The lively H--k and you
May knock up whores alone.
To drink and droll be Rowe allow'd
Till the third watchman's toll;
Let Jervas gratis paint, and Frowde
Save three-pence and his soul.
Farewell, Arbuthnot's raillery
On every learned sot;
And Garth, the best good Christian he,
Although he knows it not.
Lintot, farewell! thy bard must go;
Farewell, unhappy Tonson!
Heaven gives thee for thy loss of Rowe,
Lean Philips, and fat Johnson.
Why should I stay? Both parties rage;
My vixen mistress squalls;
The wits in envious feuds engage:
And Homer (damn him!) calls.
The love of arts lies cold and dead
In Halifax's urn:
And not one Muse of all he fed
Has yet the grace to mourn.
My friends, by turns, my friends confound,
Betray, and are betrayed:
Poor Y--r's sold for fifty pound,
And B--ll is a jade.
Why make I friendships with the great,
When I no favour seek?
Or follow girls, seven hours in eight?
I us'd but once a week.
Still idle, with a busy air,
Deep whimsies to contrive;
The gayest valetudinaire,
Most thinking rake, alive.
Solicitous for others' ends,
Though fond of dear repose;
Careless or drowsy with my friends,
And frolic with my foes.
Luxurious lobster-nights, farewell,
For sober, studious days!
And Burlington's delicious meal,
For salads, tarts, and pease!
Adieu to all, but Gay alone,
Whose soul, sincere and free,
Loves all mankind, but flatters none,
And so may starve with me.
Comments about Farewell To London by Alexander Pope
Poems About Farewell
- 1. Farewell To London , Alexander Pope
- 2. Kiss Me , ENRIQUE ALBERTO HURTADO MINO ..
- 3. I Prithee Send Me Back My Heart , Sir John Suckling
- 4. Farewell And Adieu.... , Rudyard Kipling
- 5. Fair Ines , Thomas Hood
- 6. The Nightingale , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7. A Revocation , Sir Thomas Wyatt
- 8. August , Boris Pasternak
- 9. A Minor Poet , Amy Levy
- 10. Napoleon's Farewell (From The French) , George Gordon Byron
- 11. The Gloomy Night Is Gath'Ring Fast , Robert Burns
- 12. Rouge Bouquet , Joyce Kilmer
- 13. Flowers, Dear Flowers, Farewell! , Louisa May Alcott
- 14. Adieu , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 15. At Sea , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 16. To The Memory Of Mr Oldham , John Dryden
- 17. The King , Rudyard Kipling
- 18. Phantasmagoria Canto Vii ( Sad Souvenaun.. , Lewis Carroll
- 19. Farewell , Valsa George
- 20. Farewell! If Ever Fondest Prayer , George Gordon Byron
- 21. Farewell , Augusta Davies Webster
- 22. Adieu To Belshanny , William Allingham
- 23. Cleveland's Song , Sir Walter Scott
- 24. Where Is The Slave , Thomas Moore
- 25. A German Student’s Funeral Hymn , Dinah Maria Mulock Craik
- 26. An Drinaun Donn , Padraic Colum
- 27. The Widows' Tears; Or, Dirge Of Dorcas , Robert Herrick
- 28. For He Was A Jolly Good Fellow , Henry Lawson
- 29. The Song Of Hiawatha Xxii: Hiawatha's De.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 30. The Battle Of Moncontour , Thomas Babbington Macaulay
- 31. Sonnet Xvi: Delusive Hope , Mary Darby Robinson
- 32. Ave Atque Vale , Padraic Colum
- 33. The Battle , Friedrich Schiller
- 34. Sea Song Of The Exiles , Victor Marie Hugo
- 35. A Presentiment , Robert Fuller Murray
- 36. The Last Poem Of Rizal , Jose Rizal
- 37. Farewell To The Muse , Sir Walter Scott
- 38. The Cenci : A Tragedy In Five Acts , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 39. Autumn , Anna Laetitia Barbauld
- 40. 'The Frost-King' Song 1 , Louisa May Alcott
- 41. Lohengrin , Emma Lazarus
- 42. Sonnet Lxxxiv: Farewell To The Glen , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 43. The Abencerrage : Canto I. , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 44. Anecdote , Will Barber
- 45. A Song Of Parting , Edith Nesbit
- 46. What Should I Say , Sir Thomas Wyatt
- 47. The Door Of Humility , Alfred Austin
- 48. Claud Halcro's Song , Sir Walter Scott
- 49. Failure , George MacDonald
- 50. The Heart's House , Sara Teasdale
New Farewell Poems
- Searching For The Sangreal, Philip Dodd
- The Green Knight's Farewell To Fancy, George Gascoigne
- Song—farewell To The Highlands, Robert Burns
- - How Can I Say Farewell To You-, Ali Sabry
- A Wild Flower In The Rock Of Suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Xvi, Mark Strand
- Lines, Albert Pike
- Farewell To New England, Albert Pike
- Go Back!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Farewell Goodbye My Darling..., Mark Heathcote
- carpe diem