Poem about faith. You can read the best faith poems. Browse through all faith poems.
1.Still I Rise
You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may tread me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.
Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.
Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.
Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?
Out of the huts of history's shame
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise. read more »
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too: read more »
Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.
For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,
But has trouble enough of its own. read more »
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul. read more »
5."Faith" is a fine invention
"Faith" is a fine invention
When Gentlemen can see— read more »
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies. read more »
'Faith' is a fine invention
When Gentlemen can see— read more »
Since all that is was ever bound to be;
Since grim, eternal laws our Being bind;
And both the riddle and the answer find,
And both the carnage and the calm decree; read more »
"OH, would we were further! Oh, would we were home,
The phantoms of night tow'rd us hastily come,
The band of the Sorceress sisters. read more »
10.Faith—is the Pierless Bridge
Faith—is the Pierless Bridge
Supporting what We see read more »
11.Faith and Despondency
The winter wind is loud and wild,
Come close to me, my darling child;
Forsake thy books, and mateless play;
And, while the night is gathering grey, read more »
12.Faithless Nelly Gray
<i>A Pathetic Ballad</i>
Ben Battle was a soldier bold,
And used to war's alarms; read more »
New Faith Poems
- the man without faith, Nicholas KumiSakyi jr
- To unity., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Faith, vanessa hughes
- Faith, Lalitha Narayanan
- Faith in Christ!, Shaila Touchton
- Internal faith, ramesh rai
- Faith Says 'I Can', Nosisa Mdladlamba
- Faith is a Friend, Jeff Gangwer
- Faith Is The Root, gajanan mishra
- Keep faith in yourself, gajanan mishra
- As your faith, gajanan mishra
- From your faith, gajanan mishra
- Faith, Jessica HernandezDamian
- Faith and reason, Aniruddha Pathak
- The Instrument, Diana Kouprina
- “Faith Like Potatoes“, Meshack Dasco
- Righting Wrong, Margaret Moran
- >>Faith, Abdul Wahab
- Walk by Faith, Patricia Grantham
- Where There Is Faith, There Is Love, Michael Hopkins
- Faith Is Sentiment, gajanan mishra
- Life worthless without love, gajanan mishra
- Faith is a hard thing to come by, amanda garcia
- Pietas Sonnet, Mcanthony C. Nwatu
- Trust in the LORD!, Shaila Touchton
- Faith, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Have Faith, maria sudibyo
- A Question of Faith, Gregory Allen Uhan
- Why Can't You Keep It Celebrated?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Y..... The Biggest Freedom, Aufie Zophy
- Garland of Faith, Z.I. Mahmud
- Faith In Vodka Tears, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Faith and truth, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Who Says 'My Faith is Best', Sylva Portoian
- No faith no life, gajanan mishra
- Ye of Little Faith, Richard Merrell
- Faith and its role, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Faith, Brittany Helt
- More than Faith, Chinonso Uche
- Faith Has Two Eager Facets, Indira Renganathan
- Believe, Queen Oneeightytwo
- The Road to Hell, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Master of the Universe, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Have Faith and Hope, michel robsin
- Faith, Spiritwind Wood
- Faith in God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Faith, Samuel Ellsworth Kiser
- The Believer's Principles : Chap. IV., Ralph Erskine
- faith, hamza mian
- Faith, Lucia Domingos Fula
- Faith, Hope, Trust, Blake Bishop
- A Test Of Faith, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Faith, Domenic Marbaniang
- Faith is an axiom, Meetika Srivastava
- Gentle Faith, Jacqueline Webb
- Faith, Grayson Givens
- LOST MY FAITH, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- keep your faith in me, sarah scot
- Hope And Faith, Collins Nkemjika Nzomuche
- On the rock of Faith, C. P. Sharma
- blind faith, ritty patnaik
- faith, viki suha
- Faith, Kaysen Fraker
- The faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Faith, paige charbeneau
- Faith vs Doubt......., fawzia zie
- faith for, otteri selvakumar
- Faith, LeLe Gallon
- FAITH FOR THE FAITHFUL, Michael P. Johnson
- Faith, Brian Jefferson
- Faith, Parvathy Nair
- Present, Jeff Rushton
- For your faith, Codykye Callaghan
- Just a little Faith..., Vijaiya Ramkissoon
- carpe diem