Evil Poems - Poems For Evil
Poems about evil. You can read the best evil poems. Browse through all evil poems.
Good And Evil Xxii - Poem by Khalil Gibran
And one of the elders of the city said, "Speak to us of Good and Evil."
And he answered:
Of the good in you I can speak, but not of the evil.
For what is evil but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?
Verily when good is hungry it seeks food even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters.
You are good when you are one with yourself.
Yet when you are not one with yourself you are not evil.
For a divided house is not a den of thieves; it is only a divided house.
And a ship without rudder may wander aimlessly among perilous isles yet sink not to the bottom.
You are good when you strive to give of yourself.
Yet you are not evil when you seek gain for yourself.
For when you strive for gain you are but a root that clings to the earth and sucks at her breast.
Surely the fruit cannot say to the root, "Be like me, ripe and full and ever giving of your abundance."
For to the fruit giving is a need, as receiving is a need to the root.
You are good when you are fully awake in your speech,
Yet you are not evil when you sleep while your tongue staggers without purpose.
And even stumbling speech may strengthen a weak tongue.
You are good when you walk to your goal firmly and with bold steps.
Yet you are not evil when you go thither limping.
Even those who limp go not backward.
But you who are strong and swift, see that you do not limp before the lame, deeming it kindness.
You are good in countless ways, and you are not evil when you are not good,
You are only loitering and sluggard.
Pity that the stags cannot teach swiftness to the turtles.
In your longing for your giant self lies your goodness: and that longing is in all of you.
But in some of you that longing is a torrent rushing with might to the sea, carrying the secrets of the hillsides and the songs of the forest.
And in others it is a flat stream that loses itself in angles and bends and lingers before it reaches the shore.
But let not him who longs much say to him who longs little, "Wherefore are you slow and halting?"
For the truly good ask not the naked, "Where is your garment?" nor the houseless, "What has befallen your house?"
Comments about Good And Evil Xxii by Khalil Gibran
Poems About Evil
- 1. Good And Evil Xxii , Khalil Gibran
- 2. Against Evil Company , Isaac Watts
- 3. Evil Land , Rudyard Kipling
- 4. Sonnet Xx: An Evil Spirit , Michael Drayton
- 5. The Evil Seekers , Anne Sexton
- 6. He Thinks Of Those Who Have Spoken Evil .. , William Butler Yeats
- 7. The Seven Evil Spirits , Anonymous Asian
- 8. The Evil Eye , Anne Sexton
- 9. The Legend Of Evil , Rudyard Kipling
- 10. Evil , Arthur Rimbaud
- 11. Good And Evil , Samuel Griswold Goodrich
- 12. The Mask Of Evil , Bertolt Brecht
- 13. Song Of The Evil Spirit Of The Woods , Thomas Moore
- 14. The Origin Of Evil: An Elegy , Royall Tyler
- 15. Dream Of The Evil Servant , Reetika Vazirani
- 16. Evil , Marie Elizabeth Josephine Pitt
- 17. Evil Spirits , Meena Kandasamy
- 18. Fighting Evil , Raymond A Foss
- 19. Fearlessly Contend Against Evil , Raymond A Foss
- 20. Evil Stalked The Night , Raymond A Foss
New Evil Poems
- Our Blood Is Very Precious ***, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Evil10, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Evil11, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Live No Evil, Nikhil Parekh
- The World..., Maranda Kuhl
- Evil9, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Evil8, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Inside Us Anytime, Anywhere, And Everywh.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- That Distance Between The City Of Madaya.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Balance, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- carpe diem